Moderator: pyanodon

ToastStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by ToastStorm »

mxpal wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:00 pm
its because you need ralesia for ulrics which is way more expensive than moss and biomass for auog (using the basic recipe) in early game. The version requiring ulric food may be better, but the space and building cost of the chain still does not offer a big advantage, and may not be worth it until you have a healthy supply of building mats.
Ahh, makes sense, forgot ralesia probably got the evil treatment too lol. Feels like im going to have a base thats 90% auog at this point :lol:

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to get many biosamples
My flower fields are full of collectors and of course my titanium production stunned by the needs of bio-containers production - i can say my titanium plates are sooooooo poplular wih lerad and steal of course :D
I need these bio-samples for quality food and for many many many bio and genetic things
Do u think bio samples can potentially become a bottleneck in certain production chains?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

I'm 250hrs into a 0.16-0.17 pymods run.

Am I able to update to 0.18 and add this? Or is that going to be a mess?

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

mrbaggins wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:58 am

Adding this would probably ruin your factory. There's a new ore to start out so you'd at least have to explore far enough out for that new ore to generate. There are so many new techs that you would have to research littered throughout all the levels of science. As well many of the recipes and chains have been altered and you would most likely have to redo large portions of the majority of your base.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

mrbaggins wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:58 am

thats exactly wt i did to my 500 hours base. its not really a big mess when compared to building your base again from scratch.
of course a part of your factory will break, but thats mostly limited to the science packs and biological products like bone meal, lard, plants and urea.
other chains like filtration media and CO2 is easy to fix.

You can use "Resource spawning ingame" mod to create biosample patches for your save. You can adjust whether its spawned inside your base and outside too.
Use "Change map settings" mod if you want to change the map's resource generation parameters.
If all else fails, u can use console command to generate it manually, simply search for it in factorio wiki.

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

Is there way to add an infinite research path for "Green Thumb" that adds a global productivity to plant production? Same with Animal Husbandry for animal productivity? It would be similar to mining productivity. Not speed, but produce extra product.

Also, for xeno production, is it possible to get some empty cages back when we feed them caged mukmoux/caged ulrics?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

theblindironman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:03 pm
Is there way to add an infinite research path for "Green Thumb" that adds a global productivity to plant production? Same with Animal Husbandry for animal productivity? It would be similar to mining productivity. Not speed, but produce extra product.
No there isnt
Also, for xeno production, is it possible to get some empty cages back when we feed them caged mukmoux/caged ulrics?
I dont see why not.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

theblindironman wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:03 pm
My mod py veganism has a system to make such a thing possible, but I haven't updated it for pyal yet. I want to play pyal blind for a while. :)

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

mxpal wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 am
thats exactly wt i did to my 500 hours base. its not really a big mess when compared to building your base again from scratch.
of course a part of your factory will break, but thats mostly limited to the science packs and biological products like bone meal, lard, plants and urea.
other chains like filtration media and CO2 is easy to fix.

You can use "Resource spawning ingame" mod to create biosample patches for your save. You can adjust whether its spawned inside your base and outside too.
Use "Change map settings" mod if you want to change the map's resource generation parameters.
If all else fails, u can use console command to generate it manually, simply search for it in factorio wiki.
All good cheers. Will have to play around on the weekend. Is that the only world-gen that matters? I can find the "delete empty chunks" mod and do that to encourage new ores around my base

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

I know Py's is supposed to be slow but I'm just making sure I'm not missing some concept that I could be taking advantage of. I'm at about 25 hours and still on red science, though slowly all the parts to green science are coming together. I just got aug's so I can finally get manure to automate circuit production. Is this slower than I should be progressing or am I on par?

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

mrbaggins wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:28 pm

All good cheers. Will have to play around on the weekend. Is that the only world-gen that matters? I can find the "delete empty chunks" mod and do that to encourage new ores around my base
that works too. but you may still need "change map settings" mod since I am not sure will the new ore spawn under your current save's map settings.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

Kino_ wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:12 am
I know Py's is supposed to be slow but I'm just making sure I'm not missing some concept that I could be taking advantage of. I'm at about 25 hours and still on red science, though slowly all the parts to green science are coming together. I just got aug's so I can finally get manure to automate circuit production. Is this slower than I should be progressing or am I on par?
it doesnt sound slow, but i would suggest not to compare with other people since everyone play differently and with different mods. The only thing that matters is whether you enjoyed that 25 hours. If a certain part of that is painful to you then you may want to add assisting mods or change play style to address that. Because theres one thing for sure: this game will be very long and so will your pain. Dont let it destroy your patience, pY has a lot of interesting content to offer.

ToastStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ToastStorm »

Kino_ wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:12 am
Personally, my hours are similar, but I skipped manure and handcrafted enough circuits for green tech to unlock the flu gas -> biomass recipe and fish farms, which I find a way nicer way to make urea (plus lots of butchery extras and no cages required!), but that's what I like about this mod, there's no one way to play. Still I wouldn't worry how long anything takes, there's a lot new to learn, so as long as it's fun and the factory grows, its all good.

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

Just found little glitch so came to report.

Extract kmauts tendons recipe gets limitation for productivity module after researching Hydrolase amplification tech.

I think the problem is missing "Extract kmauts tendons-1" line in data-final-fixes.lua

Last but not least, thanks for your great mod!

Edited:
Kmauts enclosure MK1 requires super steel, but I need Kmauts tendon to automate it. (Because of helium)
Is it intended to make some helium with fusion or gas bladder for bootstrapping?

Edited2:
Sorry, my mistake. Super steel does not require helium...haha
Last edited by crux042 on Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Squelch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Squelch »

I've run into an odd little bug.

Botanical nursery has moved from the original Coal processing to Alien Life category in the crafting menu. However, when trying to add the nursery to the quickbar, it can only be found in coal processing.

At first I overlooked it and thought it was just the change in icon that was tricking me. I haven't yet dug deep enough to find out why this happens and there might be other instances of this behaviour.

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

I thought making vrauk and aug was bad. Oh boy was I in for a surprise when I wanted to make some moondrop, to grow moondrop you need a moondrop seed, to get that moondrop seed you need to put 5 moondrop in a botanical nursery. These 5 moondrop plus one needed as a module in the moondrop building totals to 6 moondrop needed to start sustainable production. The only other way to get moondrop is to craft it from a load of expensive parts. They total up to 600 science and 2500+ copper plates. It feels like a very very steep startup cost compared to the max cost of 100 science for most other animals. Ralesia also suffers from this but is only half as much at 300 science.

EDIT: also the yield of moondrop per moondrop seed seems to go down with increasing recipe difficulty

crux042
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crux042 »

Kino_ wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 am
I thought making vrauk and aug was bad. Oh boy was I in for a surprise when I wanted to make some moondrop, to grow moondrop you need a moondrop seed, to get that moondrop seed you need to put 5 moondrop in a botanical nursery. These 5 moondrop plus one needed as a module in the moondrop building totals to 6 moondrop needed to start sustainable production. The only other way to get moondrop is to craft it from a load of expensive parts. They total up to 600 science and 2500+ copper plates. It feels like a very very steep startup cost compared to the max cost of 100 science for most other animals. Ralesia also suffers from this but is only half as much at 300 science.

EDIT: also the yield of moondrop per moondrop seed seems to go down with increasing recipe difficulty
All other plants are similar. Preparing initial batch of plants and animals in expensive cost is PY AL design concept.

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

crux042 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:34 am
Kino_ wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:38 am

All other plants are similar. Preparing initial batch of plants and animals in expensive cost is PY AL design concept.
Yes I'm just pointing out that moondrop has a surprisingly high startup cost compared to most of the other plants and animals

vislle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vislle »

Bug:
Every time I load my save, the slaughter house selection window is enabled, If I try to close it, it kick me out of factorio.

Any idea about how to solve it? I couldn't find any way to reset the GUI or similar...I could deactivate Alien life and reactivate it but this means lose all the animals and plants so far and this would be a real pain in the ass with this mod.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

vislle wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:02 pm
Bug:
Every time I load my save, the slaughter house selection window is enabled, If I try to close it, it kick me out of factorio.

Any idea about how to solve it? I couldn't find any way to reset the GUI or similar...I could deactivate Alien life and reactivate it but this means lose all the animals and plants so far and this would be a real pain in the ass with this mod.

can you provide a copy of the save. it looks like its gotten stuck in some kind of load error but i cant really tell whats wrong without taking a closer look.

Return to “PyMods”