valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by valneq »

pyanodon wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 pm
empty farms dont work
I believe adding this kind of information to the entity/item descriptions in the tooltips for both the farms and the animals/plants will help people to understand what is going on.

Please note: I have not played pyAL yet, but from the mere amount of confusion I deduce this is not explained in the tooltips. Or people just don't read tooltips – but then there is hardly anything that pyanodon can do to reduce the confusion

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Makes sense to me ranches without animals wouldn't work.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

valneq wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 pm
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 pm
empty farms dont work
I believe adding this kind of information to the entity/item descriptions in the tooltips for both the farms and the animals/plants will help people to understand what is going on.

Please note: I have not played pyAL yet, but from the mere amount of confusion I deduce this is not explained in the tooltips. Or people just don't read tooltips – but then there is hardly anything that pyanodon can do to reduce the confusion
can change the icon of the standard module to the icon with the beast, then the thought may arise what is the problem

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

valneq wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Its on mod description, it should be enough. I can put that all around the mod and people still wont read it, its not a game problem, its an user problem.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

magals wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:20 pm
can change the icon of the standard module to the icon with the beast, then the thought may arise what is the problem
Yeah...do that and send me the code plz. :)
pY Coal processing mod

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:26 pm
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:20 pm
Yeah...do that and send me the code plz. :)
I think you have already tried to do this)

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Atomiser not have recipe for remodeling Blood -> Urea

https://prnt.sc/r67ela

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

It has.
pY Coal processing mod

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:29 pm
It has.
where?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omtu9m9-1hE

safron7979
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by safron7979 »

Hey! Is there a Russian translation?

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

safron7979 wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:40 pm
Hey! Is there a Russian translation?
players make the transfer on a voluntary basis

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

exception https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSODD_lsV5k

when open the factory and clean it

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:54 am

ok. what version are you using as the line numbers given in that error message do not match with anything that could have caused that error.

ill see if i can reproduce it on my end as it might have already been corrected

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:15 am

ok. what version are you using as the line numbers given in that error message do not match with anything that could have caused that error.

Pyanodons AlienLife Version 1.2.1
Factorio 18.6

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:24 am
kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:15 am

Pyanodons AlienLife Version 1.2.1
Factorio 18.6
Ya idk when the code changed but I was able to recreate the issue, fix it and confirm its fixed

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

Having quite a bit of fun with this mod on top of the rest of PyMods and I'd never thought that I'd be tearing my hair out over just trying to get manure to automate circuits :)

One question, it seems that the kicalk early game is almost useless. Unless I've done my math wrong it takes about 4x more power to get raw fiber from kicalk rather than from just wood. It doesn't seem like there is any other use for it currently so I'm just wondering why I can get it so early when it doesn't seem to provide any benefits until much later in the game.

This is including using the buildings correcly with the kicalk modules.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

Kino_ wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 am
Having quite a bit of fun with this mod on top of the rest of PyMods and I'd never thought that I'd be tearing my hair out over just trying to get manure to automate circuits :)

One question, it seems that the kicalk early game is almost useless. Unless I've done my math wrong it takes about 4x more power to get raw fiber from kicalk rather than from just wood. It doesn't seem like there is any other use for it currently so I'm just wondering why I can get it so early when it doesn't seem to provide any benefits until much later in the game.

This is including using the buildings correcly with the kicalk modules.
agreed. just found that out too and i realized the same with ulrics. Before pyAL ulric is the way to mass produce bone meal, but this time auog is much more efficient and theres no use for ulric in early game (its unobtainable due to alien sample 02 requirement anyway), may be its only useful when bone morphogenetic proteins is unlocked but its for late game. not sure why ulric tech is unlocked so early. a trap for us perhaps? :roll:

ToastStorm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ToastStorm »

mxpal wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:22 am

agreed. just found that out too and i realized the same with ulrics. Before pyAL ulric is the way to mass produce bone meal, but this time auog is much more efficient and theres no use for ulric in early game (its unobtainable due to alien sample 02 requirement anyway), may be its only useful when bone morphogenetic proteins is unlocked but its for late game. not sure why ulric tech is unlocked so early. a trap for us perhaps? :roll:
Yup I fell for that trap too, it looks like every animal unlocked at red science, except auogs and the cocoon things, requires sample 2. Feels like it should be sample 1 as that still requires auogs to make, giving the progression, but still staying in the red science zone.

I'm curious why you say auogs are more efficient though, to me it looks like ulrics give more bonemeal and produce themselves quicker (at full modules), but I may be missing something?

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

ToastStorm wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:45 pm

Yup I fell for that trap too, it looks like every animal unlocked at red science, except auogs and the cocoon things, requires sample 2. Feels like it should be sample 1 as that still requires auogs to make, giving the progression, but still staying in the red science zone.

I'm curious why you say auogs are more efficient though, to me it looks like ulrics give more bonemeal and produce themselves quicker (at full modules), but I may be missing something?
its because you need ralesia for ulrics which is way more expensive than moss and biomass for auog (using the basic recipe) in early game. The version requiring ulric food may be better, but the space and building cost of the chain still does not offer a big advantage, and may not be worth it until you have a healthy supply of building mats.

Return to β€œPyMods”