PyMods, wood for red science??

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

McMason
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

PyMods, wood for red science??

Post by McMason »

I’m several hours in to my first game with PyMods, and liking it. Right up until I found out that I need wood for red science, and there doesn’t seem to be any way to generate wood! Am I missing something??

If there’s no way to generate wood, then I’m going to spend the rest of the game running around chopping trees just to keep red science flowing, which doesn’t really make sense to me.

Am I missing something, or is this a big flaw?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyMods, wood for red science??

Post by kingarthur »

there are botanical nurseries that you can unlock with a handful of recipes to make logs. logs are cut into wood. the first and slowest makes it from nothingness(rp photosynthesis). and then a slightly faster one using water. some use ash, some use tailings, some use carbon dioxide, some a combination of the 3.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

At Coal Processing 1 you get the botanical nursery and its associated recipes for logs, which is how you automate wood in plain Py. Until then you have to chop wood by hand, and quite a lot of it (because both science and also the necessary buildings need a lot of wood). I can definitely say that if I ever wanted to play Py with a science multiplier for some reason, I would just console myself to Coal Processing 1. But with default science it's not that bad. Gives your pitiful glass recipe some time to run anyway...

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

Yeah. I recommend rushing coal processing 1 right after automation and logistics. The total wood you'll need to do all that is like, 500ish? Cause you need 10 wood for 3 packs. So 3.33 each. And I think you need 150ish packs to get there?

So total amount of wood for early game, to craft all the circuits you need, probably on the order of 800-1200 wood.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Crixomix wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Yeah. I recommend rushing coal processing 1 right after automation and logistics. The total wood you'll need to do all that is like, 500ish? Cause you need 10 wood for 3 packs. So 3.33 each. And I think you need 150ish packs to get there?

So total amount of wood for early game, to craft all the circuits you need, probably on the order of 800-1200 wood.
I just straight up rushed CP1. Not like there's anything worth automating at the beginning anyway, not even belts.

Return to “PyMods”