pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

pymods and custom modules

Post by tiriscef »

Hey,

yesterday I became the maintainer of the Custom Modules mod and I would like to add an optional integration of pymod's items to the mod's recipes, comparable to how bobs electronics integrates into bobs modules.

Problem is: I'm not very experienced with pyanodons mods, in my own playthrough I almost automated circuit 1^^". And I find it hard to come up with ideas, because pyanodon orients a lot on real world examples and modules have no real world counterpart known to me.

So if you don't know the Custom Modules mod:
It structures the modules into 4 tiers. Tier0 modules are pretty much the vanilla basic productivity, speed and efficiency modules. The tier1 modules are combinations of 2 tier0 modules and have a basic color (red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta). And tier2 and tier3 are combinations of 2 or 3 tier1 modules. The effect of each module is a combination of its parts.

So the normal recipes are:
5x Circuit 1 + 3x Circuit 2 -> Tier 0 module
2x Circuit 2 + 2x Circuit 3 + 2x Tier0 module + 2x Tier0 module -> Tier 1 module
32x Circuit 2 + 16x Circuit 3 + 4x Tier1 module + 4x Tier1 module -> Tier 2 module
300x Circuit 1 + 2x Nuclear Fuel + 20x Tier1 module + 5x Tier2 module -> Tier 3 module

And the recipes for the Module Assemblers (machines that are used to create the tier > 0 modules):
30x Steel plate + 4x Circuit 2 + 5x Assembling machine 2 -> Module Assembler 1
2x Assembling machine 3 + 1x Module Assembler 1 -> Module Assembler 2
300x Concrete + 3x Module Assembler 2 + 6x Tier2 cyan module -> Module Assembler 3

My ideas so far:
- Make tier0 and tier1 modules (minus productivity modules) obtainable with red and green science
- Make tier2 modules obtainable with blue science
- Make tier3 modules obtainable with yellow science

- different recipes for the tier0 modules that represent their effect
green/ecological module: items from the farm-side of pymods. Possibly less expensive to make those modules more viable.
possible ingredients: ralesia, guar, fiber, treaded wood, logs, ash, ammonium chloride or urea

blue/speed module: items that are associated with higher power usage or heavy machinery
possible ingredients: optical fiber, (mega) drill head, lubricant barrels, stainless steel or super steel, fuel rod mk 1, belts

red/efficiency module: items that are associated with precission mechanics or something like that. Possibly more expensive than the other modules.
possible ingredients: optical fiber, optical set, advanced small parts, nexelit plates (because of the coding capabilities), nylon parts, construction pynobots, transistor, Filtration media, Regenerative Heat Exchanger, i dont really know

- Ideas for the tier1/2/3 modules:
X Circuit 1, 1 PCS1, X Solder, 2x2 tier0 modules -> Tier1 Module
X Circuit 2, 1 PCS2, X Solder, X Optical fiber, 2x4 tier1 modules -> Tier2 Module
X Circuit 3, 1 MCS, X Solder, X Optical fiber, X Control Unit, X Intelligent Unit, X Special Small parts, 20 tier1 and 5 tier2 modules -> tier3 module

- Ideas for the Module Assemblers:
1 Chipshooter machine, 2 Automated Factory MK1, 25 Small parts, 30 Aluminium Plates, 50 Stone Bricks -> Module Assembler 1
2 Module Assembler 1, 2 Nano assembler, 15 Advanced Small parts, 10 Nexelit Plates, 50 Concrete -> Module Assembler 2
3 Module Assembler 2, 10 Special Small parts, 10 Intelligent Unit, 50 Nexelit Tiles, 500 Vacuum -> Module Assembler 3

So let me know if you have ideas or comments about the balancing if you're interested.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pymods and custom modules

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

koun wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:00 pm
Hey,

yesterday I became the maintainer of the Custom Modules mod and I would like to add an optional integration of pymod's items to the mod's recipes, comparable to how bobs electronics integrates into bobs modules.

Problem is: I'm not very experienced with pyanodons mods, in my own playthrough I almost automated circuit 1^^". And I find it hard to come up with ideas, because pyanodon orients a lot on real world examples and modules have no real world counterpart known to me.

So if you don't know the Custom Modules mod:
It structures the modules into 4 tiers. Tier0 modules are pretty much the vanilla basic productivity, speed and efficiency modules. The tier1 modules are combinations of 2 tier0 modules and have a basic color (red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, magenta). And tier2 and tier3 are combinations of 2 or 3 tier1 modules. The effect of each module is a combination of its parts.

So the normal recipes are:
5x Circuit 1 + 3x Circuit 2 -> Tier 0 module
2x Circuit 2 + 2x Circuit 3 + 2x Tier0 module + 2x Tier0 module -> Tier 1 module
32x Circuit 2 + 16x Circuit 3 + 4x Tier1 module + 4x Tier1 module -> Tier 2 module
300x Circuit 1 + 2x Nuclear Fuel + 20x Tier1 module + 5x Tier2 module -> Tier 3 module

And the recipes for the Module Assemblers (machines that are used to create the tier > 0 modules):
30x Steel plate + 4x Circuit 2 + 5x Assembling machine 2 -> Module Assembler 1
2x Assembling machine 3 + 1x Module Assembler 1 -> Module Assembler 2
300x Concrete + 3x Module Assembler 2 + 6x Tier2 cyan module -> Module Assembler 3

My ideas so far:
- Make tier0 and tier1 modules (minus productivity modules) obtainable with red and green science
- Make tier2 modules obtainable with blue science
- Make tier3 modules obtainable with yellow science

- different recipes for the tier0 modules that represent their effect
green/ecological module: items from the farm-side of pymods. Possibly less expensive to make those modules more viable.
possible ingredients: ralesia, guar, fiber, treaded wood, logs, ash, ammonium chloride or urea

blue/speed module: items that are associated with higher power usage or heavy machinery
possible ingredients: optical fiber, (mega) drill head, lubricant barrels, stainless steel or super steel, fuel rod mk 1, belts

red/efficiency module: items that are associated with precission mechanics or something like that. Possibly more expensive than the other modules.
possible ingredients: optical fiber, optical set, advanced small parts, nexelit plates (because of the coding capabilities), nylon parts, construction pynobots, transistor, Filtration media, Regenerative Heat Exchanger, i dont really know

- Ideas for the tier1/2/3 modules:
X Circuit 1, 1 PCS1, X Solder, 2x2 tier0 modules -> Tier1 Module
X Circuit 2, 1 PCS2, X Solder, X Optical fiber, 2x4 tier1 modules -> Tier2 Module
X Circuit 3, 1 MCS, X Solder, X Optical fiber, X Control Unit, X Intelligent Unit, X Special Small parts, 20 tier1 and 5 tier2 modules -> tier3 module

- Ideas for the Module Assemblers:
1 Chipshooter machine, 2 Automated Factory MK1, 25 Small parts, 30 Aluminium Plates, 50 Stone Bricks -> Module Assembler 1
2 Module Assembler 1, 2 Nano assembler, 15 Advanced Small parts, 10 Nexelit Plates, 50 Concrete -> Module Assembler 2
3 Module Assembler 2, 10 Special Small parts, 10 Intelligent Unit, 50 Nexelit Tiles, 500 Vacuum -> Module Assembler 3

So let me know if you have ideas or comments about the balancing if you're interested.
why not productivity its just efficient resource usage

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

Good question. In my experience productivity modules are very strong and prone to be overpowered. But I think I will drop the idea to delay them, because it untermines the idea of this mod.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

I finished the integration and would love to get some feedback. :)

It could well be that the modules ended up a bit too expensive.

Return to “PyMods”