pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Early game biters management

Post by brab »

Hello,

I'm trying pymods (all of them, and FNEI, in a rail world), and I'm at the point where I can manually craft red science. I have a question regarding biters management: how do you deal with biters that are close to your base? At the moment I make sure to control pollution (thanks to the mushroom farm, I forgot the exact name), but I know I will need to get rid of some spawners and small worms. My usual early game approach (when I play Bob + Angel) is using a shotgun and a couple of gun turrets to protect myself, but I discovered that shotgun ammo requires lead, which is not available early game and the only patch I can see is right by a biter base. How should I do it with pymods?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Early game biters management

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

brab wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:18 am
Hello,

I'm trying pymods (all of them, and FNEI, in a rail world), and I'm at the point where I can manually craft red science. I have a question regarding biters management: how do you deal with biters that are close to your base? At the moment I make sure to control pollution (thanks to the mushroom farm, I forgot the exact name), but I know I will need to get rid of some spawners and small worms. My usual early game approach (when I play Bob + Angel) is using a shotgun and a couple of gun turrets to protect myself, but I discovered that shotgun ammo requires lead, which is not available early game and the only patch I can see is right by a biter base. How should I do it with pymods?
there is a base ammo recipe with iron and stone
most of us keep biters off , or up until we get lasers going

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

So pymods are supposed to be played with no biters? I know of the basic ammo recipe, I just don't know if I can kill nests and worms with a handgun.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

brab wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:19 pm
So pymods are supposed to be played with no biters? I know of the basic ammo recipe, I just don't know if I can kill nests and worms with a handgun.
i use antisubmarine

mikes61293
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikes61293 »

In world gen i tweaked the settings turning off time, evolution and turning down pollution and base destruction. You'll probably also need to increase the resources in your starting area. I think 1-2 Million of iron, copper, stone and stone should get you to the point where you can comfortably expand. I ended up using the console to change some things because I messed up the world gen settings.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

since you can make automation by hand, research turrets and military 1.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Thank you for the suggestion. I guess that Military 1 will get me the submachine gun, as I cannot use the shotgun. I've never tried killing a nest with it, so time to experiment.

Return to “PyMods”