Overlapping ores. One cannot be mined

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Carlytuur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Overlapping ores. One cannot be mined

Post by Carlytuur »

I'm doing a full pymod game, where I have two ore patches that slightly overlap, being Chromium and Titanium ore. Both need respectivily SynGas and Acetylene as addition. I noticed that when the mining drill is over a combined patch (Chromium and Titanium as expected resources), with SynGas addition to the the mining drill, it starts mining the chromium ore, but when I use the Acetylene as addition, it does nothing. If I place the drill over a patch with just Titanium as expected resource, it works fine. Any ideas?

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Overlapping ores. One cannot be mined

Post by TwentyEighty »

Backup plan in case no one has a better idea

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ore-eraser

Just to clean up the dividing line

Lurve
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Overlapping ores. One cannot be mined

Post by Lurve »

Easiest solution is to get what you can and ignore the rest. There are other patches.

Less easy solution: when a miner starts a drill cycle, it chooses an ore tile at random from its area and produces that. If you have a patch of A with a little B, the miner will drill A until it rolls a B tile and then halt (or vice versa). So place a miner such that only one corner of the drill area covers a single kind of ore and it'll run at full speed until the tiles are exhausted. Then move it a little bit further in, etc.

Return to “PyMods”