pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.17 - 0.18] GrumpyJoe´s pYhelper

Post by GrumpyJoe »

I think my trouble was caused by 0.17 and the technology rework
Since you need some Chemical Science Packs to unlock "Advanced Electronics" technology, and the stack inserter one then only being Science 1+2 again, i wrote a little mod to change that
And also the reciepe, pY stuff is hard enough ;)

Motivation

Let me know if you want something from the base game changed, so it scales better for you. I might find a way.
As im just learning that stuff, it will take some time.
This took me like 30 minutes, but with people requesting things, i might want to look into mod setting stuff, which i haven´t touched yet

I wont touch anything pY tho! Not rebalancing THAT beast :D

On a 2nd thought, if it stay the way for much longer, i might try to change MO-mine´s radius, as its as big as the building itself and leaves strips of ore under the belts

Download here or in game

Inserter Change
Changelog
Last edited by GrumpyJoe on Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] GrumpyJoe´s pYhelper

Post by GrumpyJoe »

I now learned how to change already modded entities

-increased molybden mine´s radius, so it doesn´t leave ore under the belt (the mining area is only as big as the entity)
-increased stack size of all pYbots to 50 to match vanilla. Is the stack size of 10 intended, for balance reasons?

Since I´m now in the territory of messing around with another mod, especially this one, i rather not upload it to the portal for now.
Instead, if anyone is willing to help me get started on github, im Grumpy Joe#2695 on Discord, so I can maybe make suggestions. Pure bug reports and/or balance requests are already boring to me :D
I can make sense of code thats already there, i can read and change it, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how this is supposed to work, all the terms of code sharing are beyond me.....

If you want to take a look anyway, i´ll include it here

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Pyanodon took the robot size and stack inserter tech changes.

Have you thought about doing a similar thing for LTN stations which require red circuits?

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:35 pm
Pyanodon took the robot size and stack inserter tech changes.

Have you thought about doing a similar thing for LTN stations which require red circuits?
I made a mod for that, asked Optera if i could have it on his forums and he implemented into LTN in like 3 hours (yeah, i "lied", i knew how to mess with other peoples mods, but i rarely code, so i had to relearn it for this one.... :roll: )
They did not use red circuits for a month now
If you still have LTN stops use circuit 2, update LTN, cos in our pure pY and LTN game they use circuit 1 and circuit network stuff, which also only requires circuit 1 + stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=66511#p406006

i will look at stack inserter reciepe without my mod tomorrow, if Mo-mine is also changed, i can comment the fixes out for now, to not break anything
Will not mark it deprecated, as peope could have used it in vanilla for easier stack inserters :roll:

Ninja edit:
I just had a look without my mod, and the stack inserter tech is still hidden behind "Advanced Electronics" after updating all mods.
They also still require circuit 2 to build, which i dont know if pY wants to change himself
Mo-mine still has the "wrong" radius

Since i also got word that NiChrome should be updated to not be 18:1(+100gas) and it still is, i think something went wrong with uploading the latest patches on pY´s side
Bots are stack size 50 tho

I´ll wait abit with changing anything, since my botsize fix seems not to break anything else

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

i wont change Mo mine radius..so feel free to that. Same for nichome, it may get a boost, but nowhere near that much.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:21 pm
i wont change Mo mine radius..so feel free to that. Same for nichome, it may get a boost, but nowhere near that much.
Its good that u think about nichrome boost
May u can get boost for nickel and chrome when getting it from liquid statees of these metals?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

We are taking a break from pY to get our last Steam achievment, so i have not looked into the recent patches.
Also, I have a lot of stuff waiting for me in RL, so im not paying attention as much

I have heared about some changes, but as i dont need it at the moment, i wouldn´t care if it was only for myself.

Does anyone have some wishes?
Anything to add?
Should i release 17.1 as is? (the spoilered file in post#2)

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hello, could you add it to the mod portal please

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

chrisdec wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:19 am
hello, could you add it to the mod portal please
17.2 is released, changelog added to OP and the mod itself
17.1 is skipped on the portal, so people who have downloaded it from here get an actual change. I dont know if it would trigger an update message in the mod manager otherwise

I finally found where inserters are changed, so when pY-RO is present it adds back the 5x Durulamin to stack inserters
HT bots still missing stack size rework to 50, so i left that in
Molybdenum Mine radius increased to entity +1 tile

Yes, im aware of the typos in the changelog and the self reference in the mo-mine code comment :D

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

sorry. 17.3 is out.

bad typo in dependencies

seemed to have worked without them tho :? :?:

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

thank you

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

17.4 released

-Removes vanilla logistic and chemical science pack research if pycoal is present
-Removes vanilla utility and production science pack research if pyHightec is present

as they lead to nothing, unlock no science packs and have no prerequisites, making these techs obsolote and, when researched, a waste of resources at best

To be on the safe side, a setting has to be activated, its off by default
But i found the functions that replace all vanilla science packs if any of pymods in question are present, you should face no issues using it

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

please update to .18

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

I have added chrisdec to collaborators, discussing transfer of ownership.

Sadly I have grinded too much of this game and I don't have that much time to play any more and other interests too.

Expect at least a version upgrade from him, I hope

As I have said in the modpage thread, feel free to add anything that you might find useful, I have no idea about pY and the game any longer and not the ego to request any mention or leave as is

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

This is now in chrisdec's hands and hopefully gets a proper treatment

All I asked him to do was to keep a clean and up-to-date changelog.
In the end, I was more proud of that than the actual mod, even tho I had to learn "programming" for that.
I know I just insulted all proper programmers, but idc :lol:

Imho changelogs are not used enough, because "it's all on github" is not a satisfying answer for the average user.

Everyone:
If you are interested how they work, a changelog tutorial link is in every mods changelog tab on the modpage and I was very proud to have helped a little bit to create that.

I try to make sure to keep the op updated, if chrisdec posts something on the modportal, normally I don't log on here

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:24 pm
This is now in chrisdec's hands and hopefully gets a proper treatment

All I asked him to do was to keep a clean and up-to-date changelog.
In the end, I was more proud of that than the actual mod, even tho I had to learn "programming" for it.
Imho changelogs are not used enough, because "it's all on github" is not a satisfying answer for the average user.

Everyone:
If you are interested how they work, a changelog tutorial link is in every mods changelog tab on the modpage and I was very proud to have helped a little bit to create that.

I try to make sure to keep the op updated, if chrisdec posts something on the modportal, normally I don't log on here
i'll do my very best (or wurst :roll: ) to maintain this mod, a update on 0.18 version will come very soon

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

mod updated to 0.18

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

chrisdec wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:23 pm
mod updated to 0.18
who put the bratwust in here?

Title and changelog in op updated.

Like i said on the portal, if its not too frequent, you can message me there so i get notified, wont get an email here.

Have fun!

Return to “PyMods”