immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:04 pm
last time i did do the math it was supposed to be better
also if u really need iron here is a dirty idea
water>soil>sand>sort sand to get some oxide or was it the soil ,
also what about a rail to tht path?
or some trips by car from time to time use the wan lorry on the way back
build some standalone power and set some mines , and deffences if u use biters

yeah, i'm already sorting soil for coarse fraction to get stones and iron oxide. now i'm setting up sorting sand for chromite sand and iron oxide too.

i need to get a little more iron supplies to get more turrets for defending a mining outpost.
i have biters with expansion active. so it's a little bit interesting to say the least :D

thank you for your input!
yes hot air is like 3.5 time better then unslimed .

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: PyRO Chains Analysis

Post by shadowpho »

What’s the best silver recipe now? Feels like it got nerfed :(

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Aluminum
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=13386114
Red science Tier1 gets you from .1 to .2 plates/ore. It costs a LOT of graphite and electricity. I'd wait for green science.
Green science Tier2 is a no-brainer. Gets you to .4 plates/ore, unlocks the direct duralumin recipe, costs a modest amount of phosphoric acid so you need to have that going first.
There are 3 Blue Science Tier3 recipes to choose from. They all involve alamac or nichrome directly. For example the first one requires 4 alamac / plates AKA .3 nickel plates per plate. Seems reasonable but this recipe only goes from .4 to .5 plates/ore so I still would probably skip it unless I couldn't find any aluminum. The highest Tier3 recipe gets you to .67 plate/ore
Yellow science is yellow science. If you get this far, you get to have 1.17 plates/ore and the nickel costs per plate aren't so bad.
[/quote]
Where to use tons of aluminum plates of duralumin plates
I can got many aluminum pulp 2 from nickel chain and looks like unbalanced by-product - I want to say the aluminum pulp 2 accumulates faster than I can use it up, so i'm using aluminum pulp 1 only for electronics in PYHT
I don't see much point in moving to the 3 or 4 level of aluminum processing development
More attention should be paid to the use of aluminum and duralumin plates in the future
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Higher Al tiers also make a small amount of the precious Vanadium as a byproduct, right ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 am
Higher Al tiers also make a small amount of the precious Vanadium as a byproduct, right ?
i think that was the U chain but Al might make some too

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:35 am
Aluminum
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=13386114
Red science Tier1 gets you from .1 to .2 plates/ore. It costs a LOT of graphite and electricity. I'd wait for green science.
Green science Tier2 is a no-brainer. Gets you to .4 plates/ore, unlocks the direct duralumin recipe, costs a modest amount of phosphoric acid so you need to have that going first.
There are 3 Blue Science Tier3 recipes to choose from. They all involve alamac or nichrome directly. For example the first one requires 4 alamac / plates AKA .3 nickel plates per plate. Seems reasonable but this recipe only goes from .4 to .5 plates/ore so I still would probably skip it unless I couldn't find any aluminum. The highest Tier3 recipe gets you to .67 plate/ore
Yellow science is yellow science. If you get this far, you get to have 1.17 plates/ore and the nickel costs per plate aren't so bad.
Where to use tons of aluminum plates of duralumin plates
I can got many aluminum pulp 2 from nickel chain and looks like unbalanced by-product - I want to say the aluminum pulp 2 accumulates faster than I can use it up, so i'm using aluminum pulp 1 only for electronics in PYHT
I don't see much point in moving to the 3 or 4 level of aluminum processing development
More attention should be paid to the use of aluminum and duralumin plates in the future
[/quote]

1 build Ni-Al setups close to each other and make use of the Al from Ni as priority
2 there is always a choice depending on what ores you have available

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

U chain for Vanadium is IIRC higher tech - you might even need Vanadium for it ?
Otherwise IIRC before U chain, one of the two Nucleosynthesises is the least power hungry way to get Vanadium ?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am
U chain for Vanadium is IIRC higher tech - you might even need Vanadium for it ?
Otherwise IIRC before U chain, one of the two Nucleosynthesises is the least power hungry way to get Vanadium ?
i think the organic route but that one is huge in scale
PA is much more compact but it is power hungry
and requires a lot of salt for the substrate

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
I can make vandaium with normal way
My questiuon is where to use these big counts of aluminum plates, and i think that very very serious question
1 build Ni-Al setups close to each other and make use of the Al from Ni as priority
Aluminum plates consumes nickel pulp 2 with a dessert spoon to produce molten nickel -this means that a decent part of the nickel pulp 2 isn't spent optimally
2 aluminum plates for 50 molten nickel - that's not enough to kill many aluminium plates
If to go by the way where i'm starting from aluminum pulp 1 my factory will some counts of phosphoric acid and it can be good bcuz i'll get it from phosphine gas and i can descent counts of hydrogen chloride (when using PYRO of course)

What choice areu trying to tell me?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:04 pm
BlueTemplar wrote:
I can make vandaium with normal way
My questiuon is where to use these big counts of aluminum plates, and i think that very very serious question
Aluminum plates consumes nickel pulp 2 with a dessert spoon to produce molten nickel -this means that a decent part of the nickel pulp 2 isn't spent optimally
2 aluminum plates for 50 molten nickel - that's not enough to kill many aluminium plates
If to go by the way where i'm starting from aluminum pulp 1 my factory will some counts of phosphoric acid and it can be good bcuz i'll get it from phosphine gas and i can descent counts of hydrogen chloride (when using PYRO of course)

What choice areu trying to tell me?
duraluminium is the bid Al user , and for Ni it is the super alloy

the thing with building them together is in order to make sure u dont use complex logistics for the pulp 2 Al sou can do it easy with valves
20-25% if not even 33% of my Al pulp 2 come from the Ni chain , a nice bonus

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What's the setup of this smelting chain?
I don't fully understand the words about distances between buildings - i think it doesn't matter much, and if I need to redirect liquids through pipes in the proportions I need, I use combinators and logistics wires

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

I use aluminum tiles :).

There's this weird point in pymods where you finished science3 but you didn't get science4 yet (the one needed intelligent design). At that point you are not consuming ANY aluminum (save for duralinum), but you are consuming lots of nickel/nichrome just to keep base operating (oil stuff). So you end up with too much aluminum.

So for me anytime we are close to overflowing I just paste lots of tiles everywhere. Solder is cheap, and aluminum is "free"

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hmm, is the Ni chain that instead consumes Al that much worse ?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

BlueTemplar wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:06 pm
Hmm, is the Ni chain that instead consumes Al that much worse ?
Ni is not bad but u simply need tons of it the Al cost is low compared to what you get + you get Al pulp 2 so u kinda can loop it back

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

AL pulp 2 is the *other* chain ?

Return to “PyMods”