UPS Death

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

UPS Death

Post by TwentyEighty »

How far is everyone getting before UPS Death? I'm just about to produce some circuit 2s and my UPS is at 50 :( so it's only going to get worse. I think I'm going to need to build as much mk2 stuff as I can, research all the blue science, and then scale back. Maybe 0.17's fluid optimizations will help given how much fluid is going on right now

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: UPS Death

Post by Cardoyle »

Well i cant play with high res sprites on and as i get these little freezes every now and then, but playing on normal and a good few hundered hours playtime the fps/ups is still at 60. I am hoping the 0.17 optimisation's will allow me to play this mod in high Res.

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

I can't play at all. Only 8gb of RAM so Pyanodons mods are unplayable. :( I waited 2 hours and the game wasn't even half way loaded.

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Did you try to use normal sprites instead of high res, it worked for me using 8gb of ram

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Cardoyle wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:23 am
Did you try to use normal sprites instead of high res, it worked for me using 8gb of ram
Indeed I did. Sadly, still no joy. Think I'll go try B+A 0.17 and come back here when I get a new box.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Wait for 0.17 since it fixed memory bloat on dx and also it compresses all the textures by default. It might be what this mod set needs to work... :P

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Waiting patiently - and playing B+A to keep me busy for the time being. :)

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

eformo wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Waiting patiently - and playing B+A to keep me busy for the time being. :)
Ah is a shame you cant play it still, even with the optimisations 0.17 brought :( It even allowed me to play in High Res

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

I played through it before PyRO - that was quite a lot. Back then the game loaded up in about 30-45 minutes, so I'd start it and go do something else for a while.

Seeing some of these recipes that require (e.g.) 15,000 iron ore in to get out 1 splitter makes me question my sanity for wanting to play these again though....

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

I've been playing Satisfactory for a while, though it won't compete in any long run unless they do a wonder on mods, but I thought I would check back in. Last time I tried to play with PySuite ( prePH) I gave up after 1 hour loading (and not to 50% yet). Is the situation improved over last 2 months?

Or am I just going to have to figure out scrapping all of Pyanodons beautiful graphics?

Thanks for any input.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Not really sure what everybody's talking about with RAM issues. For me, memory usage peaks during the load at under 4 GB and during the game itself it is under 3 GB. And as far as I can tell I have all the graphics settings turned all the way up.

As for UPS, I'm currently at a 3-4 ms update (so a UPS cap of ~300), but my base doesn't do all that much yet (still building all the sp2 stage stuff in city blocks before I get started on all that goes into sp3).

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Blokus wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 am
Not really sure what everybody's talking about with RAM issues. For me, memory usage peaks during the load at under 4 GB and during the game itself it is under 3 GB. And as far as I can tell I have all the graphics settings turned all the way up.

As for UPS, I'm currently at a 3-4 ms update (so a UPS cap of ~300), but my base doesn't do all that much yet (still building all the sp2 stage stuff in city blocks before I get started on all that goes into sp3).
There was an issue with directx at least in .16 would use alot of ram like 10+ GB with pymods on

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Whelp... My USB controller died. Rather than replace that, I'm getting a shiny new box that should do better with such things. Watching KoS and Aven's Py stream to pass time while waiting to get started on this beast!

Nyakko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nyakko »

Use this command to delete all trees on the map:

Code: Select all

/c local surface = game.player.surface
for c in surface.get_chunks() do
for key, entity in pairs(surface.find_entities_filtered({area={{c.x * 32, c.y * 32}, {c.x * 32 + 32, c.y * 32 + 32}}, type= "tree"})) do
entity.destroy()
end
end
After this freezes almost gone.

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm
How far is everyone getting before UPS Death?
Having around half of my base in almost max-optimized Factorissimo buildings, being at a point of circuit 1 + stainless steel automation, I'm at about 7-10 total update time (depends on if to count AAI programmable vehicles). I project to drop below 60 around getting to circuit 3 like this. So I made this topic viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70896 where I demonstrate that Factorissimo increases UPS usage by 2 times in such scenario. The overall build can be optimized by 2 times at best I think, but not the Factorissimo part. Considering that I have a very top CPU, I can conclude that finishing Py mods with Factorissimo isn't possible without hitting UPS wall at this moment. Also I'm playing ABPy+ actually, with SpaceX & some more, thus even more so for me (unless I'll redo half my base when getting to asteroid mining + quantum computing, instead of just adding that part).

Return to “PyMods”