PY Functionnal - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: PY Functionnal - Discussion

Post by tiriscef »

The mod breaks the icon of the glassware recipe.

You can fix this by replacing line 32 in data-updates.lua with

Code: Select all

icon_size = 64,
(or you could replace line 20 to 35 with

Code: Select all

RECIPE("flask"):remove_ingredient("wood")
which I think is cleaner)

Slasherbane
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slasherbane »

Thk for the tip i do that in the next update. Please if someone is great in sprite drawing , i need a building like a "factory-mine" for the new building. I want to a a special features tu make my mod unique :)

Slasherbane
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slasherbane »

I think the second option is the most efficient and make my code more clean, but i need to customize a bit the recipe...

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm stupid :?
Found serios iblalnce error in ammonia heating recipe
Let's me explain
Ammonia synthesis in PYHT looks like 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen = 100 ammonia

We spend more nitrogen and hydrogen on ammonia synthesis because of an error in the calculation of the recipe, in real life this process is reversible and should take place without loss

Ammonia heating looks like 300 ammonia + 300 hot air = 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen - AND ITS INCORRECT in comparison with ammonia synthesis

Here's 2 correct variants
1) 300 ammonia + 300 hot air = 300 ammonia + 900 hydrogen
2) 100 ammonia + 300 hot air = 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

In PYRO and in PYPH i'm often using tons of chlorine from saline water and periodically I have congestion in the form of excess sodium hydroxide, this is especially evident when I using tons of chlorine on para-phenylenediamine
So i have idea o turn sodium hydroxi +de into sodium chloride (the salt) back again with loses

Recipe
10 Sodium hydroxide + 100 hydrogen chloride = 5 salt + 50 water

May be recipe require some correction, let me know ur point of view
it just makes me mad when I have too much excess soda hydroxide which comes from consuming chlorine on para-phenylenediamine, previously the recipe for paraphenylenediamine was simpler and I do not understand what place is involved in the use of chlorine - it includes a benzene ring + carbon + nitrogen in its formula, but no chlorine, and that chlorine was spent in a large number, I understand that this is a separate and unique type of para-phenylenediamine specifically invented to use of the exact same certain special type of Kevlar, am I right?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:49 pm
In PYRO and in PYPH i'm often using tons of chlorine from saline water and periodically I have congestion in the form of excess sodium hydroxide, this is especially evident when I using tons of chlorine on para-phenylenediamine
So i have idea o turn sodium hydroxi +de into sodium chloride (the salt) back again with loses

Recipe
10 Sodium hydroxide + 100 hydrogen chloride = 5 salt + 50 water

May be recipe require some correction, let me know ur point of view
it just makes me mad when I have too much excess soda hydroxide which comes from consuming chlorine on para-phenylenediamine, previously the recipe for paraphenylenediamine was simpler and I do not understand what place is involved in the use of chlorine - it includes a benzene ring + carbon + nitrogen in its formula, but no chlorine, and that chlorine was spent in a large number, I understand that this is a separate and unique type of para-phenylenediamine specifically invented to use of the exact same certain special type of Kevlar, am I right?
I like the idea. You can compare the ratios in the limestone -> lime -> slacked lime -> sodium hydroxide + limestone path.

Incidentally IMO tholins are a pretty viable way to make chlorine. Using electrolysis is comparably expensive on electricity, plus it puts further strain on your tar quenching infrastructure.

That PPD recipe appears to be a simplified version of the real world chain:

Chlorobenzene + nitric acid -> 4-chloronitrobenzene
chloronitrobenzene + ammonia -> 4-nitroaniline
4-nitroaniline + hydrogen + suitable reducing agent -> PPD

The role here is to introduce the chlorine to be replaced in nucleophilic substitution, since it is a vastly better leaving group than hydride would be.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I agree with ur ideas but i'm not competent modder, i know very very basic of coding in lua, i don't know how to draw icons for new entities, we need some help from another modders
For fisrt step we need icons for:
1) Chlorobenzene
2) Chloronitrobenzene
3) Nitric acid - icons and chain to produce it we can ask bobingabout about it
4) Nitroaniline
5) suitable reducing agent - donno about this compound need to read about that :D

And its good that we could spend more benzene bcuz i can get tons of benzene from tall oil

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:22 am
I agree with ur ideas but i'm not competent modder, i know very very basic of coding in lua, i don't know how to draw icons for new entities, we need some help from another modders
For fisrt step we need icons for:
1) Chlorobenzene
2) Chloronitrobenzene
3) Nitric acid - icons and chain to produce it we can ask bobingabout about it
4) Nitroaniline
5) suitable reducing agent - donno about this compound need to read about that :D

And its good that we could spend more benzene bcuz i can get tons of benzene from tall oil
The reducing agent used in industry is just iron; if you want you could have it give back iron oxide when it's done.

Also you can probably bypass nitric acid as an actual reagent by doing the same thing for making chloronitrobenzene as Py already does to make nitrobenzene.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Heh i'm stupid
Pyanodon made apparently simplified recipe for nitroaniline what are you suggesting which already turns into PPD. Presence of chlorine and nitrobenezene from benzene suggests that chlorobenzene is already present in the reaction - all the elements are already in placeб although why so much ammonia in the reaction? But that's another question
Now I understood that it is not necessary to complicate this recipe inventing a new chain
Anyway, a large amount of chlorine I don't really like, it's just very large for such a small amount in output

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use tall oil? I can get tons of tall oil
Where to use tons of benzene?

I can get styrene from benzene in PYPH for rubber but styrene doesn't big consumption bcuz high-tech production of rubber requires dimethyl sulfide, which is hard to produce bcuz its requiers many blood from zipirs and i often have excess of blood, blood can be used on nylon but i can't say i can often use nylon

Benzene can be used in end stages to get xylenol but i'm already using phenol + iron oxide + methanol for bcuz sometimes i'm need many acetone from cumene and sometimes i have excess of phenol

So benzene and tall oil excess woring me so much
Donno if benzene i simpliest aromatic why not to turn it back to "crude" stage to raw aromatic?

About chlorine
Yeah it can be getted from thoilins but these machines love to eat my electricity dessert spoon, I can not say that I often have excess electricity, I still have to work hard to build fusion reactors - i'll build bcuz i'll need to spend my liquid helium which i made from processing with ethanolamine
Another way is to turn benzene to combustion mixture but that's seriously unstable source of electricity, benzene is interesting for me as raw product for another products

nickla23
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by nickla23 »

Hi, loving the mods, I am just doing a pure pyanodon's run without Bobs/Angels and I cannot seem to find the recipe for green/red wires. Is there a replacement for these, I've tried looking through all research and FNEI can't find anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

nickla23 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:28 pm
Hi, loving the mods, I am just doing a pure pyanodon's run without Bobs/Angels and I cannot seem to find the recipe for green/red wires. Is there a replacement for these, I've tried looking through all research and FNEI can't find anything either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
look into the assemblers , it should be similar to vanilla but with optic cores added

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

please update to .18

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

This mod appears to be incompatible with Pyanodons Petroleum Handling.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Mecejide wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Why? Pls explain

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:18 am
Mecejide wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:30 pm
Why? Pls explain
ill download it this evening and test iff i have the same issue

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm
I'm stupid :?
Found serios iblalnce error in ammonia heating recipe
Let's me explain
Ammonia synthesis in PYHT looks like 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen = 100 ammonia

We spend more nitrogen and hydrogen on ammonia synthesis because of an error in the calculation of the recipe, in real life this process is reversible and should take place without loss

Ammonia heating looks like 300 ammonia + 300 hot air = 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen - AND ITS INCORRECT in comparison with ammonia synthesis

Here's 2 correct variants
1) 300 ammonia + 300 hot air = 300 ammonia + 900 hydrogen
2) 100 ammonia + 300 hot air = 100 ammonia + 300 hydrogen
Pay attention to this problem with this recipe people and u SlasherBane too
That was mistake in that recipe
I don't want this option of getting nitrogen and hydrogen to work with losses in 3 times - that was mistake i'm talking serious :D
Slasherbane pls look and fix it for 0.5.3 version

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

i have an error on loading

https://i.imgur.com/YefShrz.jpg

Slasherbane
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slasherbane »

I try To fix it but that very curious i didnt change the recipe of the factory

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I have long wanted to put a recipe for obtaining glycerol from allyl chloride like in angel's petrochem
Some issues are - we need hydrochloric acid (icon needs :!: )
Recipes to it - 2:1 proportions - hydrogen chloride + water - 1 hydrochloric acid - angel's petrochem
May be hydrochloric acid can be useful in other ways
Steps:
1) Combine propene and chlorine - in 1:1 proportions on input then get 5 allyl chloride and 5 hydrogen chloride on output
2) Combine 5 soidum hydroxide with allyl chloride + hydrochloric acid in 2:1 proportions - 9 epichlorohydrin gas on output
3) Combe epichlorohydrin gas + water with 2:1 proportions - 5 glycerol gas on output
Another problem is that we already have recipe for epichlorohydrin gas which we can get from hydrogen chloride combiing with oleochemicals - donno may it can have sense - and we can get new recipe to get epichlorohydrin gas with no using of oleochemicals :D
Proportions for these recipe may differ from angel's petrochem - i think ideas from Angel's petrochem and PY petroleum handling can live together ;)

So as i i said higher we only need new icon for hydrochloric acid and new icon for allyl chloride :)

Return to “PyMods”