Moderator: pyanodon

Likos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Py and 0.17

Post by Likos »

aklesey1 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 pm
Hey Likos i updated py mods and updated factorio to new version 0.17.7 and there're no stunning
Yes, i see this fix in 17.7 patchn notes :-)

We have new problem on multiplayer
Launch server with mods (headless or win, no matter). Run occurs correctly, based on the logs.
But. Anyone trying to connect to the server gets an error.
For each mod, using in modpack, show messages:
1. You need mod: N
2. Mod N missed on server
Without mods server works correctly.

I am looking for a messages in the main thread of the forum.
Continue playing 0.16.51 and wait for correct 0.17 multiplayer :D

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

Hi,
I never played with py - I'm a seasoned Angels&Bobs though - I was about to round up my last game when 0.17 came out, and since waiting to start a new one, mainly because Angels Bioprocessing is not yet ready - during my week of waiting I kept adding more mods , and came across this suite as well yesterday
I added the Py suite, Yuoki suite, and also PyCoalBaA compatibily (and most of Bobs&Angels)

Is there a bug still in the recipe of Logistics Robot Brain MK1?
It is asking for Basic Electronic Components which no longer has a recipe (in FNEI)

Second question - there are now multiple ways to get to the same ores (e.g. Lead, Tin, Titanium) are both minable directly or through the Angels ores
Is this intended or bound to change - cause I anticipate some late game balancing issues - with Angels late game I produce exactly what I need ore wise, which in itself is a challenge, but more so if there would be multiple sources for the same ore

Third question - how hard will I be torturing myself playing with all these mods combined - is this even recommended for my health :-) Is it playable - tbh Bobs&Angels is very well balanced but already pretty hardcore, I'm not sure what the py recipes will do to me

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

A few people have said that using bobs and angels with Py makes it a bit easier as it gives you more ways to get items. I personally am running the full Py suite on its own and find it a lot more complex than than a "Seablock" run i did which is my only experience with Bob/Angles.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

The circuit and science recipe changes from PyHT are intimidating. Far above and beyond what even the Circuit Processing stuff does in SeaBlock. There is a gigantic wall at circuit 2 built from the bodies of those that have tried and been found wanting.

It's been a while since I mixed them, but the problems you deal with in pyanodon's suite tend to be fairly different from B&A. Mixing them will make some things easier, I think angels has a few more convenient ways to get some of the oil products, and bobs adjustable inserters and belts are nice, depending on how the compat suite merges things.

Current experience, with a 0.16 SeaBlock run that got up to starting to properly scale things up after getting to the late-mid rocket stage (researching the FTL stuff), and a 0.16 PyBlock run that's been maxed out on science 1&2 and slowly working on capacity and precursors for circuit 2 for a week:

Py buildings are generally larger, slower, and much trickier to produce. Automating a mall for them is fairly tricky.

AB production is fairly straightforward once you get the hang of it, there aren't many byproducts to worry about, and the web of dependencies is generally clean.

The Py tech tree is much messier when it comes to unlocks. There are a lot of spots where you will unlock a machine that has no recipes until 5 techs later, or recipes that need a product from far down the tree, or a machine you've unlocked but building them requires something else from an exotic land.

I'm not sure how the ores factor in with the compatability patch, py has a few more than bobs, but then it has been a long time since I ran a normal game with ore patches of anything. Ground borers seem a bit more direct than the sludge->crystallizer from SeaBlock...

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

Thanks for the feedback

I see now that transistors, CPU and integrated also has missing recipes in FNEI. Wondering if this is a compatibility issue, or an issue with FNEI

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

it also shows no recipe for basic electronic component, yet it is required to build e.g. logistics robot brain mk1

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

reapersms wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:58 pm
The circuit and science recipe changes from PyHT are intimidating. Far above and beyond what even the Circuit Processing stuff does in SeaBlock. There is a gigantic wall at circuit 2 built from the bodies of those that have tried and been found wanting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swift15431 »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:27 pm
reapersms wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:58 pm
The circuit and science recipe changes from PyHT are intimidating. Far above and beyond what even the Circuit Processing stuff does in SeaBlock. There is a gigantic wall at circuit 2 built from the bodies of those that have tried and been found wanting...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
PyTeam stacks those unworthy
PyTeam stacks those unworthy
gerard-butler-and-the-wall-of-bodies-300.jpg (90.56 KiB) Viewed 3121 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

brainiac wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 pm
Is there a bug still in the recipe of Logistics Robot Brain MK1?
It is asking for Basic Electronic Components which no longer has a recipe (in FNEI)

Second question - there are now multiple ways to get to the same ores (e.g. Lead, Tin, Titanium) are both minable directly or through the Angels ores
Is this intended or bound to change - cause I anticipate some late game balancing issues - with Angels late game I produce exactly what I need ore wise, which in itself is a challenge, but more so if there would be multiple sources for the same ore
Robot brains asking for the wrong circuits is a bug.

Regular py ores should not spawn with Angel's refining active.

I'll look into it and get them fixed.

brainiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by brainiac »

kingarthur wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 am
Robot brains asking for the wrong circuits is a bug.

Regular py ores should not spawn with Angel's refining active.

I'll look into it and get them fixed.
Thanks for the clarification - looking forward to it

Return to “PyMods”