Moderator: pyanodon

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Fluid wagon reqs stainless steel?

Post by evopwr »

Hey Py,

Big time fan!

Although - you owe me a few weeks of not being able to sleep.... Mind constantly spinning all night trying to solve things ...

But just wondering if the requirement for making a fluid wagon needing Stainless Steel is a bit over the top?

All i'm trying to do is get Coal Gas to my Aluminium Mining area! I dont even have basic Alum running yet, and now I need Stainless?

I realise I could barrel it, but IMHO barreling is a more complicated process that you would expect to not unlock until mid-game, and not be a requirement for "very early" game. Yes I could run pipes, but its a loooong way (40+ chunks!!), and i'm trying to get basic trains setup now.

I think, fluid wagons are "starter" items. I mean, i'm happy that i've spent 100+ hours, and still nowhere near having Circ1 automated. But not happy about Fluid Wagons requiring Stainless... Dunno if its just me that feels this way...?

But love your work regardless!

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Fluid wagon reqs stainless steel?

Post by Cardoyle »

The recent update changed this a few days back. They now require Titanium

Edit: Taken from raw ores changelog
Balanced zinc-iron consumption.
Balanced copper chains.
Wagons now use titanium.
Fixed uranium chain.
Recalculated oxygen consuption.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

^^^^^^ This guy... i heard your voices and changed that :) ;)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evopwr »

Ah! Thankyou! I better go check for updates :)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

evopwr wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 am
All i'm trying to do is get Coal Gas to my Aluminium Mining area! I dont even have basic Alum running yet, and now I need Stainless?
You know that you could just make Coal Gas on the spot, and don't have to move any fluids, right ?

However, this is pretty much the only such early ore where you can do that :
- Tin requires Steam.
- Borax and Chromium require SynGas.
- Lead and Titanium require Acetylene.

All the three of those fluids require Water,
at least with recipes available with Science 1.
(And you need Tin and Borax for Science 2 - though at least Borax seems to be frequent, and/or always in the starting area ?)

(SynGas seems to have a Water-less Science 2 recipe, but not Acetylene, and probably not Steam, though I haven't checked all its recipes...)

So that leaves Tin and Titanium as potential issues...

But for Titanium there are always (Science 1 unlocked) barrels !
(And even though Assembling Machine 2 requires Tin and Chromium, you can *also* do barreling in the Automated Factory !)

Now, Tin might indeed be an issue, as you need it for Soil, which you need for the Magic Mushrooms, a core component of Science 1 !
On my first game, I had to run a 200 tiles long pipe to be able to extract it, but it looks like I just got unlucky ?
(I'm guessing that my starting tin spot was eaten by the starting lake, which thankfully shouldn't be an issue anymore in 0.17 !)

P.S.: Pyanodon, Nexela, these mods are great !
(Even though still incomplete, I can only imagine how great they will be when you finish adding new stuff !)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”