reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Pyblock Letsplay

Post by reapersms »

Fresh update:

No pics for now unless someone asks.

Main additions:

Molten lines for iron and aluminum, and the iron mine output got dedicated to a molten iron->steel->plates line. Should have done that a long time ago.
Sand clogged up with the science lines shut down (glass overflowed), so it is dumping into a T0 titanium setup, and a silicon one. Silicon dumps into a warehouse for now, titanium gave a ground borer. I figure I'll need the Si later, and it does chew up a bunch of coal dust for now, which helps.

Just got niobium processing running, it's starting to chew on the backlog. It needs a bit more scaling to outrun the borax/niobium quench tower, as the new smelt lines have run the borax dry.

My mountain of organic matter finally ran out, so now there's a couple of wood processing units dedicated to mulching logs to keep the nurseries running.

I got a basic mukmoux based glycerol setup going, but I can't feed it nickel fast enough to keep going yet.

A couple of power panics got solved by running the waste hydrogen to a turbine, and excess tailings feed a coal-slurry turbine as well.

Sulfuric acid is being a bit of a pain, tried evaporating tailings for gas, but that line is clogged on coal dust.

I broke down and hacked LTN to use circuit 1's instead of 2's, in my defense I believe the new 0.17 drop of it does the same when bobs is enabled. I started feeding a ground borer into an assembler for landfill, but I've outstripped the lubricant production line. Probably just going to have to run a mountaintop scale soil factory for that if I want to start using my 3x3 chunk city block patterns.

short term goals now are get enough landfill in place to start laying down proper tracks, and see what it is going to take to get a pynobot mall running, along with scaling up more processes as I can.

tl;dr:

get molten iron->steel running as soon as you can, it changes it from 10:1 iron->steel to 1:1.
get a plan in place for niobium as soon as you can, you will go from barely needing borax (for science 2) to needing all the borax (for smelting) in a relatively short time frame
the distance on niobium underground pipes is a tad ridiculous, they'll clear 32 tiles between them.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

very interesting. if you got to much coal dust turn it into diamonds. that shouldn't be a problem for long.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

I think that requires science 3, and thus circuit 2, though I will double check that.

Silicon is doing a decent job for now, aside from another pile that is in an inconvenient place.

So many things yet to do, chromium processing, zipir reefs, and either an alternative for organic solvent or start dumping excess fiberboard into a burner to keep those byproducts going...

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

It does unfortunately.

Tonight was scrambling around trying to fix a borax shortage, I now have basic nexelit and oil products, though it looks like a single ground borer won't be enough yet. Looks like things are starting to move enough again that I can ramp that up though...

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

oh. well that sucks. couldnt remember where i had put that to unlock at given i stuck it with the rest of the diamond stuff as it wasnt useful till you have the rest of the chain to process it. been busy with .17 update stuff going to actually record some more videos later

Return to “PyMods”