pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Py Seablock

Post by Pridesfall »

Howdy,
Love your mods. I think it would be great, once you're done making all the mod packs I see are planned, if you would make a seablock with all your mod packs worthy of the name Pyanodon. Maybe with with a Py SpaceX too.

Thanks
Pridesfall

evopwr
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Py Seablock

Post by evopwr »

I saw someone else had made a Seablock, called PyBlock from memory

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Thanks! That looks interesting. The random mines in the water don't look very natural though. It will be interesting how it progresses.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Pridesfall wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:24 am
Thanks! That looks interesting. The random mines in the water don't look very natural though. It will be interesting how it progresses.
Well I've already hosted it so the rocks are more spaced out. Any suggestions on making it look more "natural".

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

I was thinking about it a bit today and wondered if the mines need to be in a seablock at all. It seems like their point in normal RO is to reward the player with a great and almost endless source of material once they have progressed down the tech tree. Is that even necessary if you are getting all the material from the ocean?

I haven't been able to play your pack yet but it seems like maybe the mines could be replaced with a source that gives your pack's equivalent of slag at a similar epic mine rate. Then the player would be required to convert it using the methods you've added. Otherwise the player would be able to bypass everything you've done to make it seablock, once they reach mine level tech.

I appreciate your work for us!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Pridesfall wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 pm
I was thinking about it a bit today and wondered if the mines need to be in a seablock at all. It seems like their point in normal RO is to reward the player with a great and almost endless source of material once they have progressed down the tech tree. Is that even necessary if you are getting all the material from the ocean?

I haven't been able to play your pack yet but it seems like maybe the mines could be replaced with a source that gives your pack's equivalent of slag at a similar epic mine rate. Then the player would be required to convert it using the methods you've added. Otherwise the player would be able to bypass everything you've done to make it seablock, once they reach mine level tech.

I appreciate your work for us!
overall they are still somewhat limited till you invest a significant amount of resources into techs/modules to get significant resource from them. also unlike the pic which had a rock spawning in every chuck from when i was testing if spawning was working right. rocks are now super rare. they are more of a helpful boost to ore income then the absolute way to get ores.

idk really. new update is out give it a try and let me know what you think on it then. if they are unbalanced or killing the flow im all for feedback or suggestions on it

Return to “PyMods”