pY Petroleum Handling

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Serega Sunset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Petroleum Handling

Post by Serega Sunset »

Are you planning to remake old factory icons from pY Coal Processing, pY HighTech and pY Industry?

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Dragony wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 am
The most recent version still needs Chromium for crafting SP2. While it is theoretically possible to do that, it is a pain in the ass, because Chromium is not a material found in the starting zone (RSO) and without trains and big power poles it is practically impossible to get Chromium. Or did I oversee something?
You could turn down your RSO settings, for example reduce the region size. I usually reduce the region size by at least 1 when I play with RSO. (Incidentally, from someone playing full Py without RSO right now, I definitely would recommend including RSO.)

In any case you only need a finite amount of chromium; it's not an ingredient in the science pack itself, only in the building. I feel like the rubber as an ingredient (adding a need for titanium on an ongoing basis) is the bigger impediment. (On the upside, I like that you need aromatics, since you're probably making those anyway when you do tar distillation for rich clay...unless you try to use ash for rich clay.)

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

As nobody seems to write about this, any ideas why "belt" could be not craftable? There is no recipe in FNEI. I already ran reset_technologies, reset_technology_effects and reset_recipes.
Last edited by YunoAloe on Thu May 02, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Serega Sunset wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:44 pm
Are you planning to remake old factory icons from pY Coal Processing, pY HighTech and pY Industry?
only building with levels got that treatment.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

will check the chromium issue. but it will take time because the breaking mods release.
pY Coal processing mod

Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bishop89 »

well, with most of the added buildings having ~ 50 pollutions/min, is there any way to combat it? most of pY buildings have 0,06 pollution/min but those have 833 times more pollution than anything else in pY mod packs. I understand that it is supposed to be a "dirty" industry but 83300%? Can we get some rebalance on that matter? This pollution really spikes up evolution meter before even 2nd science pack hits.

Kenira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kenira »

I saw the "balance changes" to hot air recipes in the changelog, but i still don't know if it was intended that basically they all got removed?
See: https://i.imgur.com/oOwYCbk.png

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

Hey guys,

I'm working through the new Py Petroleum mod.

On the Hot Air issue. What is going on? I saw this great new feature where I could turn rocks into stone bricks, pump a little compressed air into the regenerative heat exchanger, feed it into the advanced foundry and get 3x the production. Not bad considering that the advanced foundry takes up 3x the space of steel furnaces so the same output from the smelting area but a decrease in the load on the miners. DEAL!! The next mod release, the advanced foundries are dead because the recipe was removed to use the hot air. Well....tear it all out and replace it back to steel furnaces. Next update, more recipes removed. SMH!! And now this morning's update, you can't make the hot air because it no longer requires stone bricks for the regenerative heat exchanger. NOPE!! You gotta have hot stone-brick, which there is no recipe for it??

LMAO!! Can we get a fix for this. :mrgreen:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

oh well... its still working. play a bit more before complain about something that werent removed. Now you have two options to make hot air, one still the old way. Some recipes dont support more hot air because a thing called balance.
pY Coal processing mod

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:59 pm
oh well... its still working. play a bit more before complain about something that werent removed. Now you have two options to make hot air, one still the old way. Some recipes dont support more hot air because a thing called balance.
Hey Pyanodon,

Thank you for responding so quickly.

The complaint I was making is that I can no longer use hot air because the recipe has changed. It now requires hot stone-brick in the regenerative heat exchanger. I searched in the recipes and do not find the recipe for hot stone-brick nor do I find it when searching technologies.

And to top it off, I searched for the hot air recipe in the technologies, it is not showing either. I think my tech tree got screwed up again with the updates.

Going to restart another map and try to work through it. Thanks confirming that it is there.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

They were hidden by default before, so FNEI wouldn't necessarily show them without tweaking the settings.

Hot bricks are made in an advanced foundry or other furnace, 10 stone brick -> 10 hot stone brick, so it is a closed loop and not a bottomless maw that hungers for planets worth of stone

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

I really like the idea of making hot air with a loop of heating and cooling the same substrate, rather than tearing through staggering quantities of stone brick. With that said, I think the new hot air is so much easier to make than the old one that some of the recipes using hot air probably need some nerfs. In particular, I thought the glass one was too strong before; I found it basically made quartz processing 1 and 2 useless. Now it's even stronger.

In any case, I'd like to make it clear that none of what I've been saying about PH thus far is a complaint. I don't think anyone should really be complaining about it when it is still in such active development. Keep in mind, PH is still in a stage where "adding it to an existing save could have unexpected effects", which to me also means "updating it in an existing save could have unexpected effects". So expecting a normal playthrough with PH included to go through without hiccups is just naive.

blackmagickhustla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by blackmagickhustla »

Ronin wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:35 pm
Hey Pyanodon,

The complaint I was making is that I can no longer use hot air because the recipe has changed. It now requires hot stone-brick in the regenerative heat exchanger. I searched in the recipes and do not find the recipe for hot stone-brick nor do I find it when searching technologies.

And to top it off, I searched for the hot air recipe in the technologies, it is not showing either. I think my tech tree got screwed up again with the updates.

Going to restart another map and try to work through it. Thanks confirming that it is there.
If a mod update adds a new recipe, and you've already researched the tech that unlocks it, the new recipe won't be available when you update the mod. To fix this, open the terminal and type:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
And the recipe should show up.

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

blackmagickhustla wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:42 pm
Ronin wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:35 pm
Hey Pyanodon,

If a mod update adds a new recipe, and you've already researched the tech that unlocks it, the new recipe won't be available when you update the mod. To fix this, open the terminal and type:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
And the recipe should show up.
Thanks for the tip blackmagichustla. Will save this for future reference.

And it was the tech tree that got hosed in the update. I am seeing both recipes now in the new map.

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

I assumed that using bricks for hot air was a balance thing to compensate for the huge amount of stone generated during crushing. Not really sure what I'm going to use all this stone for now, except maybe tar.

(edit) Now I realised that my green science is broken, that should teach me to update mid game. Quest cancelled: improve power, quest started work out rubber. (/edit)

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

The amount of stone you generate from ores couldn't possibly cover the stone gravel and sand needs in the long run. Just put it in warehouses until then. Filtration media alone may cover it

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

any excess can be burned to ash.
pY Coal processing mod

theblindironman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theblindironman »

Grind to Gravel, Grind to Sand, Wash to Pure Sand and poof....300K stone into 27.31 Silicon Wafers. :P

Edit: Updated Yield

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

I noticed the recipe for Combustion Mixture from Aromatics is missing a name.

This was version 1.1.0
Attachments
aromatic recip.png
aromatic recip.png (149.15 KiB) Viewed 4492 times

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

theblindironman wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:24 pm
Grind to Gravel, Grind to Sand, Wash to Pure Sand and poof....300K stone into 27.31 Silicon Wafers. :P

Edit: Updated Yield
I just noticed the edit: Updated yield...
Wait.... You are not exagerating the numbers?
Are they real numbers?
if 300k stone only produces 27 silicon wafers, then... it seems we have some huge balancing issues....

Return to “PyMods”