PyBlock (alpha)

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyBlock (alpha)

Post by zizzleswomp »

Is there any disadvantage in using wrought-iron pipes instead of normal iron pipes? Like less maximum flow? Or are they the same?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

zizzleswomp wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm
Is there any disadvantage in using wrought-iron pipes instead of normal iron pipes? Like less maximum flow? Or are they the same?
completely the same. didnt feel like dealing with factorios screwy fluid mechanics given they are going to change them when .17 comes soonish.

the intended disadvantages of wrought iron pipe are that it has no undergrounds.

it was mostly made to be a cheap alternative to regular iron pipe in the early to midgame given the cost of normal iron is pretty high to start out

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

Enabling steel at the beginning does fix the deadlock, but making the Automated Screener building is a bit of a shocker in required materials so early in the game. It needs 60 steel + 120 iron plate, which means processing 7200 iron ore - far, far more than any other early building. Perhaps consider making a Burner Screener that, while much slower, does not require the steel to construct? Then steel production can be locked behind tech again if you like.

Also, as in earlier PyBlock games, I'm finding I'm getting way too much copper relative to iron. I know that choosing to reprocess the iron more efficiently later in the game with advanced tech can help to balance the flow, but early on it seems pretty unbalanced. I added my own recipe (handcraft-only and rather slow) to convert copper plate to iron plate. No real-world justification for it, but helps balance the early game better IMO. Not sure I'd go so far as to suggest including that in PyBlock, but maybe you'll think of a more compelling use for the extra copper.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

zizzleswomp wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:34 am
Also, as in earlier PyBlock games, I'm finding I'm getting way too much copper relative to iron. I know that choosing to reprocess the iron more efficiently later in the game with advanced tech can help to balance the flow, but early on it seems pretty unbalanced. I added my own recipe (handcraft-only and rather slow) to convert copper plate to iron plate. No real-world justification for it, but helps balance the early game better IMO. Not sure I'd go so far as to suggest including that in PyBlock, but maybe you'll think of a more compelling use for the extra copper.
I looked at and was going to adjust copper and then thought about it. Figured pyro should fix that being 10:1 ore to plate and with wrought iron cheaper it would offset the difference. For some reason I didn't think about the fact that difference is only going to last a very short time till the burner phase is over.

I think ill reduce copper or from 10 per down to 5

AssassiaN
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AssassiaN »

Hi, thank you for your great mod.

but we have some problems in multiplayer.

when 2nd player is connected, on server appears this error:
Снимок экрана (4).png
Снимок экрана (4).png (2.15 MiB) Viewed 4990 times
I fixed this problem by comment 53 line in control.lua.

But apperd another problem: decync after 10-30 seconds.
We found that problem in the function at 161 in control.lua, if delete this function everything is good, but obviously rocks didn't spawn.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

AssassiaN wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm
Hi, thank you for your great mod.

but we have some problems in multiplayer.

when 2nd player is connected, on server appears this error:
Снимок экрана (4).png

I fixed this problem by comment 53 line in control.lua.

But apperd another problem: decync after 10-30 seconds.
We found that problem in the function at 161 in control.lua, if delete this function everything is good, but obviously rocks didn't spawn.
alright. problem ones line 53 just cant be used in multiplayer so ill need to find a way to disable it on mp game or as you did just remove it.

i think i know what the issue is with the rock spawn desync but ill need to make some changes and see if it makes a difference

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

a question,
what kind of fuel is needed for a early iron ore mine?
it needs steam and?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

chrisdec wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:49 pm
a question,
what kind of fuel is needed for a early iron ore mine?
it needs steam and?
right now mega drill heads. although that wasn't intended and will be changed in the next patch to just take a small amount of fuel.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hey king,
i found a quartz vine and added a mine but it wont work

what kind of fuel is needed here?

i have added acetelene

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

chrisdec wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm
hey king,
i found a quartz vine and added a mine but it wont work

what kind of fuel is needed here?

i have added acetelene
It's a mega drill head same as normal pyro

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

Hello,

first of all: nice work!

Tried this out for the first time and hit a blocker:
You can get Iron, Copper, Tin, Aluminum, Borax and Niobium (by the way the recipe name for the last two says Copper and Iron ;) ) by processing tar.
But how do I progress past that? How do I get lead, titanium, chromium etc.?

Thx, I'm looking forward how this will be evolving :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Veez wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm
Hello,

You can get Iron, Copper, Tin, Aluminum, Borax and Niobium (by the way the recipe name for the last two says Copper and Iron ;) ) by processing tar.

ya i got to fix the localization on that and as for the rest of the ores you should be able to get them from the ground bore recipes. i believe its the excavation 1 and 2 techs. also from whatever rocks you can find around the map.

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:24 am
Veez wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:26 pm
Hello,

ya i got to fix the localization on that and as for the rest of the ores you should be able to get them from the ground bore recipes. i believe its the excavation 1 and 2 techs. also from whatever rocks you can find around the map.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm not that far yet and only checked with FNEI and Helmod, initially I thought Chromium for drill heads is a dead lock. Turns out there is a chromite sand recipe that should work out, but I think there might be a deadlock nevertheless:
So the rocks, require the mega mines and are locked until later, correct?
That leaves the Excavation 2 tech - for Titanium I can only find the Ground Borer recipe, sadly building the Ground Borer requires 150 Titanium, so this seems like a deadlock.
I'm sorry if I messed something up or not everything is correct in FNEI.

As lead is locked behind excavation 2 as well, that means no power house and no PyCoal Power Generation for a long time, so it is intended to stick with vanilla steam engines?

Edit: Also getting the initial lube for the Ground Borer recipes seems to be a problem:
As the desulfurization unit requires Titanium and Lead the only option would be doing Vanilla heavy oil to lube.
As the oil refinery is locked behind Stainless Steel --> Aramid --> Titanium
It seems the only options would be one of the two oleochemicals recipes, that required Nichrome, which requires Nickel, which is again locked behind Excavator 2
Seems like an unintended deadlock as well.

Thanks for your help, I'm loving the relaxing grind :)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

new update. fixed a few issues and added support for angelbob

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hi king,
i can not run pyblock for some odd reason

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

chrisdec wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm
hi king,
Same here.

Also I think as mentioned above, Titanium is still a deadlock.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Veez wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:52 pm
chrisdec wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm
hi king,
Same here.

I messed up and forgot a check for a recipe if Angel's was active. I'm fix that soon and I'll look into the titanium issue

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

another update fixed error with missing check for angels mod on a recipe. should load now. made changes to a few techs to adjust when some recipes unlocked

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Veez wrote:

i dealt with that issue. mostly by completely ignoring titanium and going a whole different(hopefully more interesting) route

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:31 am
Veez wrote:

i dealt with that issue. mostly by completely ignoring titanium and going a whole different(hopefully more interesting) route
What do you mean with ignoring Titanium? Without Titanium a lot of higher level machines and some science packs can't be build, right?

I see you fixed the Lube issue, by getting heavy oil through a nichrome recipe with making Nickel accesible, I think I like that. But the Ground Borer still requires 150 Titanium, so we can't get an initial ground borer?

Also, I see your changed ressources of the automated screener in the data-updates.lua, but they do not get updated ingame (reinstalling with new game etc. didn't work) What do I have to do to apply such changes? Were they applied in your tests?

Don't take it as criticism, just trying to help :)
Cheers!

Return to “PyMods”