What am I missing...

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

What am I missing...

Post by Mr. Tact »

Okay, trying to play in 0.16.36 with Py Coal Processing, Py Fusion Energy, and Py Industry. And I seem to have run into a problem... I'm trying to build green science which requires Raw Borox. And in the crafting window it indicates I can make it from Syn Gas but the "Made in" line has no building shown. I watched a Let's Play where the person used the Syn Gas recipe in a Borox Mine, but I'm unable to even place that building down.

Py Coal Processing 1.0.8
Py Fusion Energey 1.0.5
Py Industry 1.0.9
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: What am I missing...

Post by kingarthur »

The borax mine has to be placed on borax ore patches and syngas is made in a gasifirer from coal gas. The borax mine operates just like a regular miner and will output material from the building onto the ground

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

kingarthur wrote:The borax mine has to be placed on borax ore patches and syngas is made in a gasifirer from coal gas.
I thought maybe the Borax Mine worked like that, but the only Borax Ore on my map is a LONG way away, so I hadn't checked that. As far as the SynGas, right. I have it and I made it in a Gasifier. But the crafting menu indicates I can make Raw Borax from SynGas, but does not indicate a building. And as I said, I'd seen a Let's Player do that. So, is the SynGas to Raw Borax recipe still valid? If so, what machine? If it isn't -- man do I have a HORRID map. The nearest Borax Ore field is definitely train distance away, but I have no trains without green science...

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

The Let's Player played a older version of the mod, in the new version you can't make borax ore from syngas. So you need too use the borax ore patches. I don't know how this is when you start the game normal, i play with resource overhaul mod and with that mod i have the borax ore in the starting area like iron and copper.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Well, that is a bummer. Okay, thanks for the info.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Hmm, okay -- walked out to my Borax ore and apparently the mines need "Mining Fluid" which I can not find in the crafting or technology menus....

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mr. Tact wrote:Hmm, okay -- walked out to my Borax ore and apparently the mines need "Mining Fluid" which I can not find in the crafting or technology menus....
thats not at all right. do you have any other mods active that could be affecting it? maybe try a new game and see if it still says it needs mining fluid

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Hmm, can't easily tell since I can't build a Borax Mine at the very start of a game. I did get Borax ore in the starting area. Guessing my current distribution was a function of the earlier version I started the game under. *blort*

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mr. Tact wrote:Hmm, can't easily tell since I can't build a Borax Mine at the very start of a game. I did get Borax ore in the starting area. Guessing my current distribution was a function of the earlier version I started the game under. *blort*
oh ya if you had updated from the version before that change it will cause problems like that.
it should say in the little item panel below the minimap what the ore requires to mine it if in needs fluids.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Ah... wasn't aware of that. Yeah, it says in will need SynGas. So, sounds like my save got screwed by updating the mod. I only have 20 hours in it but I really don't feel like starting over... *sigh*

Thanks again for the assist.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Oh wait. The ore says the same thing in my save, it is just the Borax Mine description saying it needs Mining Fluid... maybe I can do this. It is so far away it's going to be a pain, but better than starting over... :mrgreen:

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mr. Tact wrote:Oh wait. The ore says the same thing in my save, it is just the Borax Mine description saying it needs Mining Fluid... maybe I can do this. It is so far away it's going to be a pain, but better than starting over... :mrgreen:
if you willing to use console commands this page has one you could use to spawn some borax closer to your base to get you through to trains. https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Add_n ... urce_patch

replace name=stone with name = "borax"

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Hmm, the SynGas is built up in the Borax Mine but the progress bar is not advancing...
borax mine.jpg
borax mine.jpg (33.36 KiB) Viewed 5822 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Mr. Tact wrote:Hmm, the SynGas is built up in the Borax Mine but the progress bar is not advancing...
borax mine.jpg
damn. if you'd like post a copy of the save file and i can take a look at it and see what i can do to try and fix that. if it ca be fixed

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Here ya' go.
Attachments
Pyanodons 012.zip
(11.12 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

its not broke. the borax mine doesn't need inserter anymore. it out puts just like a normal miner. just turn on the alt view and place belt in front of the output arrow

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

kingarthur wrote:its not broke. the borax mine doesn't need inserter anymore. it out puts just like a normal miner. just turn on the alt view and place belt in front of the output arrow
Ah, okay. News to me. Thanks.

Return to “PyMods”