Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 pm
it's mainly just setting up the resource config files. syntax is not too bad but it will take some time with 37 ores... a few are already in vanilla at least... haha
You can copy the settings of you used in bobs to use in py ores.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

for all the similar ones I would think yes, but I'm not sure if that would apply to the news rock type ores

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm
for all the similar ones I would think yes, but I'm not sure if that would apply to the news rock type ores
Ahhh that ones you doesnt need to change anything. They are working and spread as i wanted. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

just not how RSO intends them to be. aka placed after water is placed, and not before like in vanilla (which is horrid for aesthetics and predictability IMO)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:23 pm
just not how RSO intends them to be. aka placed after water is placed, and not before like in vanilla (which is horrid for aesthetics and predictability IMO)
I dont know how RSO works...but the intent of the ore-rocks are to be rare and spread.
pY Coal processing mod

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:30 pm
yes...it was detected before and already fixed. Now acetylene can be made in the early game.
Where? Or coal proxessing 2 is "the early game"?
Only five pY modes and "What is it really used for?" installed.
Sorry if my english is poor.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

dvalitov wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Where? Or coal proxessing 2 is "the early game"?
I said it was fixed, not released.
pY Coal processing mod

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:28 pm
I said it was fixed, not released.
Okay. Thanks. Will wait for fixes and RSO.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm
npuldon wrote:
I dont know how RSO works...but the intent of the ore-rocks are to be rare and spread.
When I started up game with all Py mods and looked at the map they don't seem to be rare. Map looks like a christmas tree in places. There is simply to many resources :D I'm not sure how it will work with RSO too - total amount of resources exceeds all that I tested till now.
And the rocks seemed to have quite a lot of material in them - about 8m near start. Is that how they should work?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 am
pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm
npuldon wrote:
When I started up game with all Py mods and looked at the map they don't seem to be rare. Map looks like a christmas tree in places. There is simply to many resources :D I'm not sure how it will work with RSO too - total amount of resources exceeds all that I tested till now.
And the rocks seemed to have quite a lot of material in them - about 8m near start. Is that how they should work?

no, the should be more rare and the amount increases with distance.
pY Coal processing mod

SuperCoder79
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SuperCoder79 »

You should really add RSO configs for your new ores, it won't spawn when rso is active in a world. This will affect a lot of players, so please try and get this done quickly :)
Attachments
Factorio 0.16.51 12_9_2018 10_36_15 PM.png
Factorio 0.16.51 12_9_2018 10_36_15 PM.png (4.09 MiB) Viewed 5299 times

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I'm waiting here for bugfixes :)
Half year project probably won't hurt if you wait few days for bugfixes and some tune up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

thats the spirit.
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

The recipe for making coal gas from tar, which is unlocked with coal processing 1, requires pressured air, which is only unlocked well into green science.
Also the pressure pumps are way too slow.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:41 am
thats the spirit.
PY i cant find the ore to iron ration in the case of the molten way

NexZone30
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NexZone30 »

Hi Py, a few friends and I have been playing through with only the five pY mods and I thought I'd give some feedback regarding our experience so far (especially since Ores just released).

1. As someone already mentioned, lead is shelved into the early-mid game and the ratios for producing the Acetylene seem a bit low. Overall, we were just barely able to get lead in time, and a subsequent amount of ammo, to save ourselves from the biter onslaught. I've never melee'd so much in my life. :P
2. Borax seems to be a bit of a bottleneck, the crystal miners are simply too slow to really do anything with it besides minimal green science and being barely able to sustain the first real boost to iron production.
3. The only other real bottleneck is glass production as the crystal miners are again, too slow. You need a lot of glass for red and green science. However, unlike the borax, there is an early game boost method to glass production which helps.

Anyway, those are the three main things we've discovered so far that may need a balance tune up and more infrastructure behind them. Overall, we haven't found any bugs and are enjoying the experience. :D

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

NexZone30 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:32 pm
the crystal miners are simply too slow
I agree. They are too big so i can place only four miners on one field and it really toooo slow.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

NexZone30 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:32 pm
Hi Py, a few friends and I have been playing through with only the five pY mods and I thought I'd give some feedback regarding our experience so far (especially since Ores just released).

1. As someone already mentioned, lead is shelved into the early-mid game and the ratios for producing the Acetylene seem a bit low. Overall, we were just barely able to get lead in time, and a subsequent amount of ammo, to save ourselves from the biter onslaught. I've never melee'd so much in my life. :P
2. Borax seems to be a bit of a bottleneck, the crystal miners are simply too slow to really do anything with it besides minimal green science and being barely able to sustain the first real boost to iron production.
3. The only other real bottleneck is glass production as the crystal miners are again, too slow. You need a lot of glass for red and green science. However, unlike the borax, there is an early game boost method to glass production which helps.

Anyway, those are the three main things we've discovered so far that may need a balance tune up and more infrastructure behind them. Overall, we haven't found any bugs and are enjoying the experience. :D

Thank you for the feedback. Theres a major.bug discovered here that may prevent you from progressing soon. But it was fixed and will be available a new version very soon. I took your suggestion on crystal mine and will increase the mining speed. ;) That will sve both problems at the same time. Even i thinking late game iron production will be huge, since each cycle of molten iron makes 25 plates and mk04 iron will be able to produce 1:1

the lead was a semi deadlock here and we changed the acetylene chain to be unlocked at red science. Also will be available in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod

NexZone30
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NexZone30 »

Thanks so much! :)

ulmennaleith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ulmennaleith »

I think you need green science to automate basic electronic circuits production with pyro + pyht. Sodium hydroxide becomes an ingredient for fiberboard (needed for pcb1), and the 2 recipes for sodium hydroxide are locked behind green science. Is it intended ? Or am I missing something ?

Return to “PyMods”