pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Pls i don't want to offend u, just watching for this interesting mod and trying to understand its life-way, willing to wait as necessary
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Greetings.... iron ore won! Thanks for your vote!

Well...it´s a complicated thing because the game and lots of mods already have alternative ways to process iron ore. Well lucky for me, i know a friend which works into a ore processing plant and he gave me a nice and detailed description of the process...and you have no idea how complex it is. But to not make it into a nightmare, i reduced several process and cut off side process too to compact and turn the iron ore chain complex, but still playable in the same level of other ores here. So here the iron-ore flow.

Image

Also...new poll open to be voted while im working over that new buildings. The mod testing is stopped waiting some master code nexela (damn this guy is good) is doing to allow it possible again...so in the meantime i will be doing my part. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

Well that looks interesting. I think I see like 3 different resource loops in the iron processing chain.

So are all 18 ores going to eventually have a processing chain?

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:Well that looks interesting. I think I see like 3 different resource loops in the iron processing chain.

So are all 18 ores going to eventually have a processing chain?

Thank you. Yes, they will. Its what this mod is for :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote: Thank you. Yes, they will. Its what this mod is for :)
Alright thought so but wasnt totally sure

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow new way to use jig :)
New resource - petroleum sulfonate - small reference to py petroleum handling? :?:
New way to get phosphoric acid - perhaps there still visible forced work with pyht i think ;) but that's great :)
And so may ways to get dirt water

New strong crusher called impact crusher!! Will be interesting to watch for it
How do u like machines from angel smelting? Like inducting furnace or blast furnace?

Can ask what will become of the way where we use the nexelit fuel cell? It'l still exist? :?:
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Can ask what will become of the way where we use the nexelit fuel cell? It'l still exist? :?:
All smelting recipes used on the advanced foundry uses it
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:36 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by HammerPiano »

pyanodon wrote: Image
Oh boy, will all ores have such complex chain?
I hope they will!

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1878
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

HammerPiano wrote: Oh boy, will all ores have such complex chain?
I hope they will!
They all will have. BUT, people please keep in mind you dont need all chains. Traditional/vanilla ways are still active. Invest in a chain when the map youre playing have small amounts of one or other resource. The chains that mod will provide wont be requiered or forced to build, each map will tell you if you need a better yield or not in certain ores. ;)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Okey if have new iron processing chain let;s wait for steel
Cleverly invented that you're not going to change the production chain for niobium, molybdenum and vanadium - these chains are good

Pls answer will we have any applications for phosphoric acid if this mod? May be some more applications for acetic acid?
And it will be interesting too see fluoric acid using, why not?

Xilenol is some related with benzene or aromatics right?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

User avatar
Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Hellatze »

this mod with angel mod will scream with each other.

angel mod have dedicated ore making and processing.

this mod will have dedicated ore making and processing too.

its a choice to choose this mod, or angel mod.

unless this mod provide special ore / metal for special building.

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by gosensgo86 »

No way I'm using this with angels :lol:

I really like the idea of having complex chains for each ore to increase yield. Anything to stretch how much you can get from your outposts is a good thing. :)

I really wasn't sure what I wanted the next ore to be, but I voted for Steel because it's the natural progression of the iron processing chain. I'm really looking forward to seeing if it will come from iron plates like in vanilla or from the new intermediate from iron processing. Uranium was my second choice, but I feel like that could be part of a separate PyNuclear mod, depending on the complexity and how nuclear waste would be handled.

I'm really looking forward to playing a different take on ore processing than Angels, so as much as I want to try out the PySuite, I think I'll be patient and wait until this one is done.

Good job on making such extensive and detailed mods. :D

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by eformo »

Hellatze wrote:this mod with angel mod will scream with each other.

angel mod have dedicated ore making and processing.

this mod will have dedicated ore making and processing too.

its a choice to choose this mod, or angel mod.

unless this mod provide special ore / metal for special building.
I thought that too - in fact, it's why I voted against Raw Ores in the votes. But now that I see it, you could run this with Angel's potentially. The ore processing here gives enough returns that it will beat the higher-tier Angels smelting methods in the long run. But Angel's smelting will still be needed for lots of alloys. In fact, my current factory uses Py crushed ores for many elemental plates, while also using Angel's smelting for many alloys and it makes a great factory. The processing lines are all unique and stuff!

Would be a bit complex, but I like that. :)

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by gosensgo86 »

Actually, now that I think about it, it should be fairly simple to run this with angels if you have the end product be ingots instead of plates. That way you still get to use angel's smelting and alloys.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

eformo wrote: I thought that too - in fact, it's why I voted against Raw Ores in the votes. But now that I see it, you could run this with Angel's potentially. The ore processing here gives enough returns that it will beat the higher-tier Angels smelting methods in the long run. But Angel's smelting will still be needed for lots of alloys. In fact, my current factory uses Py crushed ores for many elemental plates, while also using Angel's smelting for many alloys and it makes a great factory. The processing lines are all unique and stuff!

Would be a bit complex, but I like that. :)
gosensgo86 wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, it should be fairly simple to run this with angels if you have the end product be ingots instead of plates. That way you still get to use angel's smelting and alloys.
my thinking is since the process only gives out different grades of ore just add recipes to angels smelting to accept the different ore grades in place of the unprocessed ore it takes now

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by gosensgo86 »

That would work too, but then you have to add so much more recipes for the Angel's chains. That's a lot of work, good thing I'm not the one modding it :lol:.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by chrisdec »

hm it seems that copper ore,uranium and platinum have 3 votes
so i wonder witch one will be the next ore

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:27 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Vetrosian »

I'm convinced people running Angels with pymods are insane, py-bob is complex enough, and then you add Angels? Madness!

Seriously though, I like the developing levels of output with more investment into the process.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

Vetrosian wrote:I'm convinced people running Angels with pymods are insane, py-bob is complex enough, and then you add Angels? Madness!

Seriously though, I like the developing levels of output with more investment into the process.
im not crazy the voice in my head said so and he should know hes a doctor

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by gosensgo86 »

Vetrosian wrote:I'm convinced people running Angels with pymods are insane, py-bob is complex enough, and then you add Angels? Madness!

Seriously though, I like the developing levels of output with more investment into the process.
Agreed! I can't understand why some people want to play with every mod ever made. There's nothing wrong with that play style, but I'd rather be building my factory than fixing compatibility issues. Not everything has to work with bob and angels. It's nice if it does, but I prefer mods that go in a different direction, to keep things fresh.

This mod is shaping up to be something really nice, and I really like the level of detail that goes into each process. Having the charts as a sort of guide also helps keep players like me from being overwhelmed by the complexity, so I really appreciate that :) .

Post Reply

Return to “PyMods”