pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Ronin »

Hey guys,

I am having some issues with Fawogae in these releases. Specifically, I cannot make enough of it.

I had the recipe in the Fawogae Plantation set to the recipe of water and fertilizer for 20x Fawogae. Now it is reset to just 8x with water recipe and the buttons are gone where I cannot choose the higher recipe. Recipes are also saying there are higher tiers of the Fawogae Plantations that should be selectable but do not show as available in the Crafting menu.

I have already tried the console force reset to see if it would show:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
When that did not work, I went nuclear and set all tech back to zero.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.reset()
Neither of these solutions worked, so I am reporting back to the developers as a bug.

I am on the latest mods:
pycoalprocessing 1.2.1
pyfusionenergy 1.2.4
pyhightech 1.2.0
pyindustry 1.2.2
pypetroleumhandling 1.1.7
pyrawores 1.3.4

I hope this is the right forum because Fawogae is part of Py Coal, the water/fertilizer is part of Py Hitech, and the missing entries for the new plantations is part of Py Ores with the research entries missing in the Mining Machines 02/03/04, which I am very interested in making.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks!

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Ha, i just asked the same thing here: viewtopic.php?p=431879#p431879

And i can confirm that the upper levels of the plantation aren't attached to any technology.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mithaldu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:48 pm
Ha, i just asked the same thing here: viewtopic.php?p=431879#p431879

And i can confirm that the upper levels of the plantation aren't attached to any technology.
The upper levels of plantation dont even have a recipe. They seem to be still an work in progress and if it wasnt for FNEI or HelMod you would not know they existed.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

nagapito wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:22 pm
The upper levels of plantation dont even have a recipe. They seem to be still an work in progress and if it wasnt for FNEI or HelMod you would not know they existed.
Whereever you're looking at, you got the wrong mod. They do have recipes: https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... ua#L16-L31

And those recipes have also received numerous edits in past months, and they are modified by other pymods.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Mithaldu wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:32 pm
nagapito wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:22 pm
Whereever you're looking at, you got the wrong mod. They do have recipes: https://github.com/pyanodon/pycoalproce ... ua#L16-L31

And those recipes have also received numerous edits in past months, and they are modified by other pymods.
I have latest versions of all the pymods except Industry which updated in the last day. In my pack you cannot access the recipes for the higher tier fawogae plantations in FNEI. I see that the pycoal mod has the recipes in the prototypes folder, but you can't view them in-game, much less unlock them.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

people... if something isnt unlocked for that much time is because i dont want to. It will come in time...
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Cool, that's all i wanted to know. Given that there were no comments in the code it was hard to know.

Ronin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ronin »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm
people... if something isnt unlocked for that much time is because i dont want to. It will come in time...
Thank you for acknowledging the issue and letting us know it is in progress.

Will wait and watch for the content in upcoming releases.

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Hi, I just ran into a strange quirk; not sure whether it is intended or just a bug, so I though to report it in here.

As I have just set up some proper incipient Cu processing, I found out that Grade 1 Cu is Jaw Crushed into Stone and Grade 2 Cu. Grade 2 Cu is then sent to the Casting Unit Mk01 to make some nice Cu. All is fine.

As I was aiming to set up the corresponding Sn (Tin) process, I found out that with Sn the outputs are swapped. It is Grade 1 Sn that goes to the smelter and the Grade 2 Sn is Jaw Crushed into Stone and Grade 1 Sn, which goes to the smelter. Which is exactly opposite to Cu.

Is this normal or is it just a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

the_ave wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:32 pm
Hi, I just ran into a strange quirk; not sure whether it is intended or just a bug, so I though to report it in here.

As I have just set up some proper incipient Cu processing, I found out that Grade 1 Cu is Jaw Crushed into Stone and Grade 2 Cu. Grade 2 Cu is then sent to the Casting Unit Mk01 to make some nice Cu. All is fine.

As I was aiming to set up the corresponding Sn (Tin) process, I found out that with Sn the outputs are swapped. It is Grade 1 Sn that goes to the smelter and the Grade 2 Sn is Jaw Crushed into Stone and Grade 1 Sn, which goes to the smelter. Which is exactly opposite to Cu.

Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure this is intentional, quirks like this with PyRO are all over the place, which means you generally can't just stamp down a layout you used for another ore and shift the recipes around to make it work.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Blokus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:43 pm
the_ave wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure this is intentional, quirks like this with PyRO are all over the place, which means you generally can't just stamp down a layout you used for another ore and shift the recipes around to make it work.
besides basic hot air and maybe the first crushing it is unicue for every chain

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

its intentional. In some ore processind the grade is descendent
pY Coal processing mod

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Many thanks for the clarification!

Now, not sure whether it belongs here, but I found a minor issue with the naming of one of the processes. Here's the screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1767037170.

I think it should be "Convert Petroleum Gas..." instead of "Convert Heavy Oil...". The Heavy Oil process name is ok. :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

i will take a look.
pY Coal processing mod

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

the_ave wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:55 am
Many thanks for the clarification!

Now, not sure whether it belongs here, but I found a minor issue with the naming of one of the processes. Here's the screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1767037170.

I think it should be "Convert Petroleum Gas..." instead of "Convert Heavy Oil...". The Heavy Oil process name is ok. :)
There are a few such glitches with the names of the combustion mixture recipes. IIRC there is one that doesn't have a name at all.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm

There are a few such glitches with the names of the combustion mixture recipes. IIRC there is one that doesn't have a name at all.
no, it doesnt, or you are playing with an outdated version
pY Coal processing mod

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Blokus wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:45 pm

no, it doesnt, or you are playing with an outdated version
As usual I should have clarified with "last I checked" or just not said anything until I had checked again.

eor38
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eor38 »

When i start new game, resources list doesn't come out. I mean, can't edit at all.

After creating map I found that all ores are placed square shape and all resource chunks have the same reserves.

same thing also occure at py petroleum handling

eor38
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eor38 »

i cant find any resources when i start new game at resources list. Same thing occurs at petroleum handling

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Can confirm.

The not so bad news is that this can easly be circunvented by adding the RSO mod.

Yes, not a fix, but still a solution until it gets fixed.

Return to “PyMods”