Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm
I'm sorry for the tons of text that might offend u pynodon but what is the guilt of molybdenum plate which is requires for aramid which is requires for silicon wafer which is requires for our lovely electronic circuits which is requires for our lovely science packs? :?:
I have no idea what are you talking about...we doesnt have any "terephthaloyl chloride recipe" and liquid nitrogen is requiered only in tier 3 science. No deadlocks in pymods here.

About the aramid, we will release an update with a better yield for it since it will be very required.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

nagapito wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:24 am
pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:32 am
nagapito wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am
pyanodon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:57 pm
Dont run with Bobs. Running it with angels may cause bugs or incompatibilities. Merry Christmas!
Would be interesting if, isntead of checking for boblibrary mod, you actually checked for his individual mods and applied the changes required for each mod.

This way, we could replace bob plates and bob ores with PyRO and still have almost all Bob Suit with is advanced items while playing with the full Py suit mods

yeah..but we wont do that. waay too much work to keep updated with any change bobs may do and adapt more than 1k recipes with all pymods together. Also, retundancy...bobs have his own chains and have two or more chains for the same ore will only make the whole pyRO concept useless.
So far we have 3 possible scenarios:

1 - Full integration with bob's
2 - Partial integration with some of bob's mods
3 - No integration at all with bob's mods

Option 1, I wasn't expecting it. It would be a nightmare. Too many conflicting stuff to change, would mostly be disabling bob's stuff and only integrating some parts of Bob's, resulting in option 2 with a lot of work

Option 2, what I was suggesting, would be dropping support for full bob's suit, that is ignoring bob's ores, bob's plates and keeping only some light integration with some of his changes, like making sure rocket components respected bob's and Py changes, change recipe A if mod X is present and recipe B if mod Y is present instead of the current try change all recipes if mod Library is present. This way, we could have the best of both worlds. It would be players responsibility to not had bob's ores or bob's plates.... You dont seem to interested in this, I understand and respect which leaves us with...

Option 3, just completely remove your bob's detection system so we, players, can had mods like bob's logistics, bob's power, etc... and other bob's mods at our own risk... This one is pretty easy to do since you just need to comment 4 lines where you check if bob's library is present and load your changes.
Currently, since the mods are not even loading with bob's and you dont plan to fix the support, might as well just remove these integrations and at least allow players to add some of the bob's mods that do work fine. And if someone adds a bob mod that causes recipe conflicts or other issues, you can always keep replying Py does not support Bob's anymore!

ps: Do not forget that all of Bob's mods only have one hard dependency, Bob's library. All his mods are prepared to work without the rest of the suit, just as if they were played in vanilla. Makes them simpler without ores and plates, yes but they still work.
Also, his mods integrations are dependent on the rest of his mods being present but instead on the resources being present. So, if a mod creates the same item with the same name convention, like for example "titanium-pipe" name, is tier 3 chemical plant will still use that mod titanium pipe instead of normal pipe even if the rest of his mods are not present!
its being worked on. its going to take some time to get it done. if people really insist on wanting to play with py+bob asap go to my github and download my pymod forks

https://github.com/kingarthur91/pYCoalprocesing
https://github.com/kingarthur91/pyfusionenergy
https://github.com/kingarthur91/pYHighTech
https://github.com/kingarthur91/PyIndustry
https://github.com/kingarthur91/pyRawOres

right now it will let you at least start a map. im still working on checking to make sure there isnt any dead locks and fixing things.

so where pyanodon and nexla add my changes into pymods (which im leaning towards happening since they didnt delete all the old code) or i have to transfer everything over to pycoaltbaa its coming just give me a few days to get it delt with.

right now its no bobs, then if my changes are accepted we go to full bobs only. soonish im going to comb over everything and make sure it can be played with whatever combo of py+bobs people want to do but its a lot of shit to look over and find all of the issues when even just last week pyro wasn't complete and i had to make edits just to get it to load. so its coming just give me some time to make sure ive got it together enough to send to them and not just send them a flame turd that will cause more issues

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Kingarhtur is doing a great job. If pymods will talk again with bobs its because of him. THank you for your work my friend.
pY Coal processing mod

ulmennaleith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ulmennaleith »

I also have this recipe. I have a lot of mods installed, but no other overhauls except AAI industry. Still have to check if it comes from another mod
Attachments
py tpa.png
py tpa.png (4.26 MiB) Viewed 4652 times
Last edited by ulmennaleith on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:13 pm
aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm
I'm sorry for the tons of text that might offend u pynodon but what is the guilt of molybdenum plate which is requires for aramid which is requires for silicon wafer which is requires for our lovely electronic circuits which is requires for our lovely science packs? :?:
I have no idea what are you talking about...we doesnt have any "terephthaloyl chloride recipe" and liquid nitrogen is requiered only in tier 3 science. No deadlocks in pymods here.

About the aramid, we will release an update with a better yield for it since it will be very required.
Okey pls launch all py suit and try to make kevlar first pls
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:19 pm
Okey pls launch all py suit and try to make kevlar first pls
Ahhh ok...it will be fixed in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

If there're no deadlocks i must have way to make gasoline for liquid nitrogen ;)
Pls

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pm
If there're no deadlocks i must have way to make gasoline for liquid nitrogen ;)
Pls
Its fixed. Will come in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod

Serega Sunset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Serega Sunset »

Thanks for your work! Will there ever be PyLogistics?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Serega Sunset wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 pm
Early there're was chart for prospective set of py mods but i can't see them here on pyanoodon forum
As i rmember there still have:
1) PY Finances
2) PY Alternative Energy
3) PY Alien Life Processing
4) PY Petroleum Handling
And we have PY Industry - it contains some elements of logistics from pyanodon and Nexela

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Serega Sunset wrote:
Glad you´re enjoying it. I have zero knowledge in that level of coding. When you say logistics youre refering to?
pY Coal processing mod

Serega Sunset
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Serega Sunset »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 pm
Serega Sunset wrote:
Glad you´re enjoying it. I have zero knowledge in that level of coding. When you say logistics youre refering to?
Now I thought it was not very necessary. Just the first two tabs of the production look a bit empty. I want a lot of things in all tabs! Heh^^

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

i saw somebody asked orzelek to update the rso mod and he said

That will need to be with authors of Py Raw Ores. That mod is pretty big so it would be best if Pyanodon or Nexela prepared the RSO config.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Just looked aganin to iron rocessing chart
So u decided not to add phosphoric acid from iron pulp 2 + pressured air?
Looks like that the iron chain is cnanged? don't know i like or not i like

But again thanks for ur work, really big thanks :) Me and my factory will grow higher and higher

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm
Just looked aganin to iron rocessing chart
So u decided not to add phosphoric acid from iron pulp 2 + pressured air?
Looks like that the iron chain is cnanged? don't know i like or not i like

But again thanks for ur work, really big thanks :) Me and my factory will grow higher and higher

yeah, not all chains are exactly like the charts
pY Coal processing mod

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:09 pm
nagapito wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:24 am
So far we have 3 possible scenarios:

1 - Full integration with bob's
2 - Partial integration with some of bob's mods
3 - No integration at all with bob's mods

Option 1, I wasn't expecting it. It would be a nightmare. Too many conflicting stuff to change, would mostly be disabling bob's stuff and only integrating some parts of Bob's, resulting in option 2 with a lot of work

Option 2, what I was suggesting, would be dropping support for full bob's suit, that is ignoring bob's ores, bob's plates and keeping only some light integration with some of his changes, like making sure rocket components respected bob's and Py changes, change recipe A if mod X is present and recipe B if mod Y is present instead of the current try change all recipes if mod Library is present. This way, we could have the best of both worlds. It would be players responsibility to not had bob's ores or bob's plates.... You dont seem to interested in this, I understand and respect which leaves us with...

Option 3, just completely remove your bob's detection system so we, players, can had mods like bob's logistics, bob's power, etc... and other bob's mods at our own risk... This one is pretty easy to do since you just need to comment 4 lines where you check if bob's library is present and load your changes.
Currently, since the mods are not even loading with bob's and you dont plan to fix the support, might as well just remove these integrations and at least allow players to add some of the bob's mods that do work fine. And if someone adds a bob mod that causes recipe conflicts or other issues, you can always keep replying Py does not support Bob's anymore!

ps: Do not forget that all of Bob's mods only have one hard dependency, Bob's library. All his mods are prepared to work without the rest of the suit, just as if they were played in vanilla. Makes them simpler without ores and plates, yes but they still work.
Also, his mods integrations are dependent on the rest of his mods being present but instead on the resources being present. So, if a mod creates the same item with the same name convention, like for example "titanium-pipe" name, is tier 3 chemical plant will still use that mod titanium pipe instead of normal pipe even if the rest of his mods are not present!
Did you updated all pymods? Because bobs isnt requested in any of them now.
So... in latest version of PyCoal, what is this in data-updates.lua:

Code: Select all

--update recipes to use bobmods
if mods["boblibrary"] then
    require("prototypes/updates/bob-additions")
    require("prototypes/updates/bob-updates")
end
If I add bob library and boblogistics to a pack only with PyMods it tries to do the normal Bob recipe changes inside PyCoal 1.0.11 and fails to load since bob plates is not present....

That code is what I was referring when I talked about removing Bob's integration trough BobLibrary mod...

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:36 am
npuldon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:26 am
Py, what should be the starting resources for RSO when you the Raw Ores mod? Same as PyHighTech and Coal Processing or something else?
i guess its the classic ones (iron, copper, coal,stone) plus aluminium, titanium, tin and lead.
It seems like nexilit is required for the first level circuits (not playing with PyHighTech). Are you saying that nexilit would not be required in the starting area for RSO?

Also, there are now 'rocks' in addition to 'ores' in the map gen screen. Which should RSO use? Are the rocks just for mid-->late game and the ores are what are still used in the beginning? Do the new 'rocks' work like oil and deplete over time? If the answers to these questions are in a write up some where could you point me there?

Thank you

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:28 pm

It seems like nexilit is required for the first level circuits (not playing with PyHighTech). Are you saying that nexilit would not be required in the starting area for RSO?

Also, there are now 'rocks' in addition to 'ores' in the map gen screen. Which should RSO use? Are the rocks just for mid-->late game and the ores are what are still used in the beginning? Do the new 'rocks' work like oil and deplete over time? If the answers to these questions are in a write up some where could you point me there?

Thank you
Theres no nexelit ore patch. its made drying tailings, so, no need to adjust nexelit. Just the ores i said are necessary. The rocks are finite, after depletion they disapear, they carry huge amounts (around 8mi) of the refered ore.
pY Coal processing mod

ulmennaleith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ulmennaleith »

And quartz to make glass for red science, no ?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

ulmennaleith wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:33 pm
And quartz to make glass for red science, no ?
yes that is used for glass

Return to “PyMods”