pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Don't call me crazy, u took that question literally, chill :lol:
Forgot to ask - chomite will have its own ore patch? I agree with chromite mine adding it'll be interesting to watch for chromite mine
I asked about new building bcuz i thought u don't want to complicate this mod - i can understand that u're doing buildings for ores mines, but another buildings doing tons of functions - if ur mod system going to be super realistic of course I welcome it - I have no intention of insulting u or disrespecting ur opinion and opinion of Nexela ur coauthor, chill man. ;)

And a separate thanks for something that one takes a separate branch with production gold :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thats why i add very few buildings in this mod. pyHT is complex enough to people who likes it, pyRO is being made to make all others pymods be easier since all of them are resource´s consuming.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ok i understood
Will leaching plant have many applications?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Ok i understood
Will leaching plant have many applications?

probably if i enter into the smelting area.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

May i ask u about hydrogen peroxide?
There only 1 way to get it and its require nickel, do u planning to add another side recipe to get hydrogen peroxide
There're many application for hydrogen peroxide but only 1 way to get it, some inconveniently

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

aklesey1 wrote:May i ask u about hydrogen peroxide?
There only 1 way to get it and its require nickel, do u planning to add another side recipe to get hydrogen peroxide
There're many application for hydrogen peroxide but only 1 way to get it, some inconveniently
My bigger objection with the current method is that the Anthraquinone process isn't actually supposed to use up the Anthraquinone or catalyst. If it's a simplified processed, the actual inputs should be hydrogen, air, and water, with the palladium (nickel) and anthraquinone just being used as catalysts. Current recipe doesn't use hydrogen at all.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:May i ask u about hydrogen peroxide?
no plans to have another recipe for h2o2
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

live22morrow wrote:My bigger objection with the current method is that the Anthraquinone process isn't actually supposed to use up the Anthraquinone or catalyst. If it's a simplified processed, the actual inputs should be hydrogen, air, and water, with the palladium (nickel) and anthraquinone just being used as catalysts. Current recipe doesn't use hydrogen at all.
i prefer follow the oxygen reduction instead. There´s no hydrogen in my mods, so it uses air to make it. Also...if we are going to follow the realistic process, give up the game and play some lab simulator. Understood that people want to play a game, not have a chemistry class. ALSO, there´s no other use for 2-alkyl-anthraquinone aside making H2O2. But there´s other uses for anthraquinone. So i prefer that "fantasy" recipe and have a more useful fluid than add another useless fluid in the mod.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'll wait patiently for nickel chain, and i hope I think we can get rid of the sulfur dioxide and the sulfur waste that's always haunting us in the nickel plate mining process
About H2O2 - why we need so many nickel?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Aren't they adding support for catalysts in vanilla Factorio? It was mentioned in FFF-256.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Conception of catalysts is interesting but why u writing about it here?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Because catalysts are being used here too?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

U talking about chromium? Or Nexelit?

Zoetropes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zoetropes »

is it safe to assume we wont get a release candidate till you've burned through the poll options? my body is so ready for this mod. <3

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Zoetropes wrote:is it safe to assume we wont get a release candidate till you've burned through the poll options? my body is so ready for this mod. <3

yes...and even more than that, since it´s all need to be coded.
pY Coal processing mod

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

pyanodon wrote:
Zoetropes wrote:is it safe to assume we wont get a release candidate till you've burned through the poll options? my body is so ready for this mod. <3

yes...and even more than that, since it´s all need to be coded.
Then I'm starting to question the usefulness of having the poll options at all ;) . I want to be able to play this as soon as I can, and if that means not getting to choose what ore gets worked on next, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I'm also wondering if you hinted at a possible Py Smelting mod in the future. :D

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

He needs helpers probably. One guy can't possibly make mod this big and even think about pysmelting or pyoil or whatever. I wonder how many people work on this.

Pymods should be standalone game :D
Or maybe Factorio DLC.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

cpy wrote:He needs helpers probably. One guy can't possibly make mod this big and even think about pysmelting or pyoil or whatever. I wonder how many people work on this.
PY Smelting is PYRO for now - take a look at this exuberant variety of opportunities ahead
PY Oil will be PY Petroleum Handling in future when we'll choose it for development
I hope PY Petroleum Handling (PYPH) will be worthy irresistible rival for Angel's Petrochem - and there're many elements from oil chemistry from Petrochem, just look for PYFE and for some part of PYHT

My base for now begins to look like some industrial megapolis and i think its not 50% of my future base :D

GustavoBorela
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GustavoBorela »

Hello Pyannodon do you already have a date for the release of the mod? I'm just curious because the ideia of this work is really nice.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

GustavoBorela wrote:Hello Pyannodon do you already have a date for the release of the mod? I'm just curious because the ideia of this work is really nice.
My guess is 2-4weeks for each ore that needs to be done. 9 more ores to go so 4.5-9 months?

Probably would go faster if someone did helped him with research on how stuff is done if he wants realism then it's just as easy as reading wiki and making charts from it and linking it to stuff we already have.

Then you need graphics which takes a lot of time.

Return to “PyMods”