Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 am
am i the only one that finds aramic to be very expensive ??
also optical fiber is now way to expensive because of the aramic and the niobium
note niobium is now very heavy on nitrogen
I'm still perplexing why pyanodon decided not boost niobium production in PYRO
But there exist recipe in PYFE when we can get 3500 nitrogen from gas + small count carbon dioxide
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:53 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
also optical fiber is now way to expensive because of the aramic and the niobium
I'm still perplexing why pyanodon decided not boost niobium production in PYRO
But there exist recipe in PYFE when we can get 3500 nitrogen from gas + small count carbon dioxide
he added lots of nitrogen to nibium also a large amount of salt and HCl 1 plate was like 1000-600 nitrogen
and regarding nitrogen that 3500 nitrogen recipe that requires cold clean air and you cool the air with liquid nitrogen and that requires sitrogen ( i think it was 10 ) so -500 from end product to begin with now the filtration media needs nitrogen too there was something eles offputing about that way that i dont remember now

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
you find everything very expensive if that dont fit in your plans.

also, nitrogen is a positive loop, figure it out.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:20 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
you find everything very expensive if that dont fit in your plans.

also, nitrogen is a positive loop, figure it out.
ill word it another way :
since py raw ores came out for optical fiber now you need in addition to the niobium ALSO molybdenum plates ( that are slow to make) and aramic also require stainless steel ,as i remember with all mods you didnt need molybdenum while at tech 2 before

regarding nitrogen i feel that now its used in similar amounts like the syngas
and the loop is heavy in coke and pure sand and glass and gravel ( since washing soil to get sand is very slow) i guess 1/3 or 1/4 of my base will be dedicated to make nitrogen and its main ingredients( coke and iron ( for the sand extractors )
line 55 ```RECIPE("niobium-oxide"):replace_ingredient("water", "nitrogen")``` replacing water with nitrogen is ok if you reduce the quantity
line 33 ```RECIPE("niobium-plate"):replace_ingredient("coal", "salt"):change_category('electrolyzer')``` both the old one and the new one are nined so im on the fence with this but it feels a bit expensive in the context of other salt usages BUT not as expensive as the nitrogen
line 61 ```RECIPE("molybdenum-concentrate"):replace_ingredient("water", "nitrogen")``` again the same problem as 55

and regarding the cold air or cold clean air you use liquid nitrogen too cool the air but that nitrogen disappears maybe add as an result nitrogen maybe with a little loss ( liquid nitrogen in this case it more like a cooling agent that vaporizes in order to absorb heat)

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swift15431 »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 pm
This mod have no migration, so if you apply an update on a running game, this can happens.
so your saying we have to start new game, its corrupt

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Isn't gravel/sand basically free if you process the raw ores? They all produce stone, gravel, and sometimes sand

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

swift15431 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 am
pyanodon wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 pm
This mod have no migration, so if you apply an update on a running game, this can happens.
so your saying we have to start new game, its corrupt
Or you can check previous page to read how you can unlearn a research and then just re-do it?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

new release is out!!!!

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mrbaggins »

Arfarazon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm

t1 - Ore > processed > molten > plates
t2 - Same as t1 because it just unlocks steel and few recipes for graded iron which are unusable at this point.
t3 - Ore > processed > graded iron > iron dust > slime + useless pulp at this point which is burned away > unslimed > plates (with some byproducts than can be refined back to graded iron or iron dust)
OR
t3 - same as t1, because you need steel anyway.
t4 - Ore > processed > graded iron > iron dust > pulp way to high grade etc + slime > unslimed as byproducts
I feel like I'm mssing something....

T1, yep, ore, processed - molten - plates.
T2 makes no sense though for half of it. It opens the steel improvment, but all the iron grading crap is completely useless until you get to T3.

Either some stuff from T3 needs to come back to T2 so that grade 1/2/3 is useful, or the grade stuff in T2 needs to push back to T3.

key_gun
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by key_gun »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:10 pm
new release is out!!!!
wich recipes should have changed? i can see that cladded core takes now 1 aramaid less. maybe i am blind, but i dont see any changes with the nitrogen recipes.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
new release is out!!!!
Yeah new changes is good but may be this recipe for getting salt from common water will be useful -
PY_500_water_for_1_salt.png
PY_500_water_for_1_salt.png (81.84 KiB) Viewed 6732 times
- i think here's the most fair variant :)
Pyanodon pls add it - if we can get salt from common water in Bob's mods why we can't do it in py mods? ;)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:14 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
new release is out!!!!
Yeah new changes is good but may be this recipe for getting salt from common water will be useful - PY_500_water_for_1_salt.png - i think here's the most fair variant :)
Pyanodon pls add it - if we can get salt from common water in Bob's mods why we can't do it in py mods? ;)
did you add that?
regarding salt yes i noticed its very used
py i think wants us to focus on mining it rather then using infinite methids tho i can see the point ( i use sand extractors a lot and regenerative methods when i think its worth it)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:23 am
aklesey1 wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
new release is out!!!!
Yeah new changes is good but may be this recipe for getting salt from common water will be useful - PY_500_water_for_1_salt.png - i think here's the most fair variant :)
did you add that?
regarding salt yes i noticed its very used
py i think wants us to focus on mining it rather then using infinite methids tho i can see the point ( i use sand extractors a lot and regenerative methods when i think its worth it)
Here's only 1 examplar which i added by my self for my needs - as i said before immortal_sniper1 i just wanted recipe like in bob's mods to get salt from common water
:!: I didn't share this recipe with anyone so for now pyanodon may not worry :)

These rock salt contains halite mineral which can mine
I prefer to have ocean with ocean water to get salt from ocean, why not - this alien planet can have oceans
Or may be we can extract water from underground by mining water wells - that was in bob's mods before

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
if we can get salt from common water in Bob's mods why we can't do it in py mods? ;)
Because im not bobs.

Also, theres a lot of ways to generate saline water, you can always evaporate them.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

But we need tons of stones that's problem

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm
But we need tons of stones that's problem
Stone is soooooo abundant in my mods, every crush recipe have it as a by product..you also have stone patches in the map and can extract it from sand extractors and ground borers.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Oh okey i can agree with stone production but why salt getting with %%% chance?
I'll need that stone to make tar and make creosote from tar - with PYRO i need many creosote for sand casting

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Are you using syngas for power generation? I am overflowing with tar from that process even after splitting it into more coal gas. I need to split it into borax and niobium just to get rid of it (which also gives saline water)

spitfire_23
Inserter
Inserter

Post by spitfire_23 »

Is it just me or is the early game with PyRO pretty brutal? Having power poles take 16 seconds each to craft is a real drag, and the 10 iron ore -> 1 plate over 15 seconds ratio is pretty rough also. I feel like I'm never going to make it to the fun stuff at this rate.

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Start buffering tin and glass and soil. You can automate wood boards pretty early. Also automate tinned wire ASAP. The beginning is slog but it's a drop in the bucket. You can do red science by like 8 hours and blue is like...80? IDK lol

Return to “PyMods”