pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

mrbaggins
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by mrbaggins »

Does anyone else have issues with PyRawOres recipes crashing FNEI?

EG: with everything up to date as of last night, If I search for niobium ore, the first recipe (I assume niobium mine one) will case FNEI to disappear. Ctrl+E once does nothing, and a second time brings it back to the screen where I can click Niobium ore again.

It's always particular recipes. I've hit others in the past. One in particular is odd, you can looks at recipes 1,2,3 out of (I think it was) 13 without a problem. But #4 crashes it. Or you can cycle backwards through 13,12,11 etc but again, once you hit 4, the FNEI window closes.

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Yeah happens to me also on certain recipes, like when you see the list for what synth gas can be used for the 13/49 one closes FNEI like you said. I have "Helmod" and "What is it really used for" to help out in these situations tho

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

FNEI does not like having both a resource_category and crafting_category with the same name. "borax" and "niobium" being the ones in question. What happens is it collects all recipes into its own table, indexed on the category, and when it loops through the buildings for a recipe, sees them buildable in the borax or niobium mine, and looks for a mining_time on the recipe. The crafting recipe doesn't have a mining time, and lua promptly explodes.

A workaround is to open up the FNEI options page, and disable the borax and niobium crafting categories in the middle tab

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Not only FNEI, but also happens in helmod and Recipe Explorer..

It's odd, the other recipes don't have any problems, only some particular recipes, for example, Tin Concentrate, Pyrite, Coarse Coal, Coal pulp-03..

Kitty reported to the authors of these two mods, however, nothing changes..

What I can do is avoid those recipes whom will crash the game.. :oops:

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

So the recipe to turn raw coal into coal is unlocked with red science but the machine to actually perform this recipe (secondary crusher) is locked behind blue science. Is this intended? If so, could we get some insight into why?

Thank you

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

npuldon wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:36 pm
So the recipe to turn raw coal into coal is unlocked with red science but the machine to actually perform this recipe (secondary crusher) is locked behind blue science. Is this intended? If so, could we get some insight into why?

Thank you
no...its unlocked in red science.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

what is this then? A bug?

https://i.imgur.com/YZ5cMxR.png

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Check under Mining machines 01 (Red science), it is also unlocked there.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

why would a building be unlocked by do different techs at difference levels? I don't see how that makes any sense. Welcoming some enlightenment on this one

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Anyone know how to get nitrogen/pressurized air for blue science in Py mods? It seems to be locked behind blue science recipes (the pressure pump).

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Are your mods updated? Pressured air is unlocked by Coal Processing 1, at least for PYRO

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Last edited by npuldon on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:49 pm
Are your mods updated? Pressured air is unlocked by Coal Processing 1, at least for PYRO
yes, my mods are updated.

the recipe is unlocked at red science but the actual machine which uses that recipe, the pressure pump, is not until blue science. please confirm

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

The building is unlocked from the start. You can find it under the Py Fusion Energy tab. It can only make vacuum recipe to begin with, but Coal Processing 1 unlocks making pressured air.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

zizzleswomp wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 am
The building is unlocked from the start. You can find it under the Py Fusion Energy tab. It can only make vacuum recipe to begin with, but Coal Processing 1 unlocks making pressured air.
when you search the tech tree, the pressure pump is unlocked from diamond mining, (blue science).

Are you saying this is a bug?

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

I think this usually happens as a result of being able to pick and choose which mods you play with. So if you were only playing with Py Fusion Energy, you might not need the pressure pump until you get to diamond mining, but when you play with Py High Tech, it gives it to you at the start of the game. That leaves the redundant unlock still listed with diamond mining even though you won't need it. Removing all redundant research items reliably for every combo of enabled mods is probably just tricky / time-consuming to get right. I'm not sure I'd call it a bug, since it isn't really breaking anything. More like a lack-of-polish.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

zizzleswomp wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 am
I think this usually happens as a result of being able to pick and choose which mods you play with. So if you were only playing with Py Fusion Energy, you might not need the pressure pump until you get to diamond mining, but when you play with Py High Tech, it gives it to you at the start of the game. That leaves the redundant unlock still listed with diamond mining even though you won't need it. Removing all redundant research items reliably for every combo of enabled mods is probably just tricky / time-consuming to get right. I'm not sure I'd call it a bug, since it isn't really breaking anything. More like a lack-of-polish.
I'm playing with all of Py minus Py HighTech.

zizzleswomp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zizzleswomp »

Oh, I didn't realize you chose not to use PyHT. It may indeed be a deadlock then with your particular combo of py mods.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

zizzleswomp wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:56 am
Oh, I didn't realize you chose not to use PyHT. It may indeed be a deadlock then with your particular combo of py mods.
Yeah, Py RO, Fusion energy, and high tech are all optional dependencies. Coal processing is the only required mod AFAIK.

High Tech is too crazy in terms of energy use, footprint, and capital costs for so little throughput + all the annoying required early handcrafting so I don't play with it.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Pyanodon,

did you mean to lock pressure pumps with blue science when not playing with PyHighTech (as PyRO is not a dependency)? If so, how do I get nitrogen?

If not, is an update coming or do I need to console command a few pumps into my game?

Thanks for your help

Return to “PyMods”