pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by TwentyEighty »

Looks like pyanodon just added a new way to get sodium sulfate from way more sodium hydroxide. This results in a new way to use sodium hydroxide and replaces some salt consumption, so exactly what we asked for but in a more interesting way.

Thanks!

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

@pyanodon, i saw that you and nexella added a tech migrations in newest version, but for some reason it did not work for me after i updated your mods today, i still had to manually unlearn and then relearn all the mk3 recipes and machines mk3 to get all the stuff that ended up on tier3 which was already researched for me before the update, so there might be a bug somewhere

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm
Looks like pyanodon just added a new way to get sodium sulfate from way more sodium hydroxide. This results in a new way to use sodium hydroxide and replaces some salt consumption, so exactly what we asked for but in a more interesting way.

Thanks!
Yeah i like to use sodiim hydroxide instead of salt to get sodium sulfate too :)
Thanks pyanodon :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

Arfarazon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 pm
@pyanodon, i saw that you and nexella added a tech migrations in newest version, but for some reason it did not work for me after i updated your mods today, i still had to manually unlearn and then relearn all the mk3 recipes and machines mk3 to get all the stuff that ended up on tier3 which was already researched for me before the update, so there might be a bug somewhere
try /c game.player.force.reset_technology_effects()
it will recheck the recipes unlocked by techs already researched
may be pyanodon should put this command somewhere in mod description or faq? many people should face this problem every time you update the mod

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

I dont understand... suddenly my niobium factory stopped working, it turns out niobium oxide does not need nitrogen now at all, instead it needs ammonia??? i could not find this change in any of the latest git commits even...

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

how do you get red science?

It requires glass which requires excavation (green science) to obtain quartz ore. doesn't seem possible with the current dependency configuration

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 pm

It requires glass which requires excavation (green science) to obtain quartz ore. doesn't seem possible with the current dependency configuration
to get quartz ore you make a crystal mine building and place it on quartz ore..

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Arfarazon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:52 pm
npuldon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 pm

to get quartz ore you make a crystal mine building and place it on quartz ore..
That looks to be working. Thank you. It's really odd that the "what's it really used for' mod only finds excavation as a way of gathering quartz ore. it is usually spot on. any ideas on why this is? I'm thinking that it has to do with the way the py ore recipes are setup in the background perhaps?

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:57 pm
That looks to be working. Thank you. It's really odd that the "what's it really used for' mod only finds excavation as a way of gathering quartz ore. it is usually spot on. any ideas on why this is? I'm thinking that it has to do with the way the py ore recipes are setup in the background perhaps?
Dont really know that one, i use FNEI and it does show this direct way from ore correctly

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

interesting

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:57 pm

I think it does sort of tell you where to get it from, in the very left hand column there is a "Mined from". Quartz shows Quartz ore and Quartz big ore vein(dosn't tell you the building tho you need like FNEI does)

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

How are people coping with fluid wagons requiring Stainless Steel, part of the chain looks like this

Raw fiber->Fiber->Rayon->Batteries->Laser turret->Molybdenum Mine->Molybdenum Plates->Aramids->Stainless Steel

So a lot of infrastructure without the ability to transport liquids

I dont really want to use barrels, as just adds another layer of logistics. I guess my only other choice is to just do a bootstrap hack for a few bars

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

Cardoyle wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:48 pm
How are people coping with fluid wagons requiring Stainless Steel, part of the chain looks like this

Raw fiber->Fiber->Rayon->Batteries->Laser turret->Molybdenum Mine->Molybdenum Plates->Aramids->Stainless Steel

So a lot of infrastructure without the ability to transport liquids

I dont really want to use barrels, as just adds another layer of logistics. I guess my only other choice is to just do a bootstrap hack for a few bars
i personally did exactly this - hack.
i made my "starter base" up till circuit 2 and super steel (with super horrible mess of belt-pasta and logi robots), after that i began constructing huge train network with dedicated stations, so i had ltn stations and liquid wagons from the getgo (in fact i am still in the process of making ltn-based circuit 2)

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

May i ask why zinc requires so many iron to refine? for 1 zinc/s it needs 7.5 iron plates/s and no other basic ore need so much resources....and its not used scarcely either. methanol(then refined syngas), zinc acetate and ferrite all require a sizable amount of it while other basic metal like aluminium or even copper isnt used much in circuit 2. is it intended? my iron supply is strained hard due to zinc alone when i expand into blue sci

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

mxpal wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:30 am
May i ask why zinc requires so many iron to refine? for 1 zinc/s it needs 7.5 iron plates/s and no other basic ore need so much resources....and its not used scarcely either. methanol(then refined syngas), zinc acetate and ferrite all require a sizable amount of it while other basic metal like aluminium or even copper isnt used much in circuit 2. is it intended? my iron supply is strained hard due to zinc alone when i expand into blue sci
But it is 3.5 iron plates per second for 1 zinc plate per second (at least if you go powdered zinc > zinc plate) which is sizable but not extreme as for me

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Arfarazon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am
mxpal wrote:
But it is 3.5 iron plates per second for 1 zinc plate per second (at least if you go powdered zinc > zinc plate) which is sizable but not extreme as for me
its 3.47 iron for each 5 Zn ore with max productivity and that is enormous its on the line of needing a iron smelting onsite just to keep up
also in nikel chain the step that requires methanolt 200 is expensive because you need nikel to make methanol and in the best case you lose like 60% of total yeald to pay for the methanol maybe reduce it to 100?

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

Arfarazon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:05 am
mxpal wrote:
because you have researched zinc processing 3 already? I am still struggling for blue sci so i am at processing 2 only

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

mxpal wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:13 pm
because you have researched zinc processing 3 already? I am still struggling for blue sci so i am at processing 2 only
ah sry, yeah i didnt think of that, on t2 zinc i just had 1-2 foundries smelting grade 3 zinc into molten, iirc it was about 0.5 - 1 plate per sec overall with not that huge iron consumption, still was enough to get at least some red circuits and blue packs

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Problem with the uranium chain:
One recipe uses 50 of 25% Uranium and creates 50 of 33% Uranium.
The second uses 50 of 33% Uranium and creates 50 of 25% Uranium.
A third recipe creates 50 of 25% Uranium.
(Other concentrations are left out).
You inevitably end up with an excess of either 25% or 33% Uranium.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

thx.. fixed
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to “PyMods”