pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

subie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by subie »

Soooo how do you actually make acetylene?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

al 0 = 6000 ores
al1 = 5000 ores.

al2 ok, use more, but what about the higher levels?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

NexZone30 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:10 am
Okay, I installed Helmod and went through the numbers. Yeah, aluminum definitely appears to get worse as you progress from Aluminum 0 to Aluminum 2. No real speed increase, more power (even if you use foundries instead of steel furnaces), more of a foot print, more inputs, and technically less efficient. I used 1000 plates per minute to see if there was an economy of scale, there really isn't.
the same thing happens in the case of gless too tech1-2 are ok but tech 3 is not nomatter how you look at it its larger worse ratio and huge bp not ro mention the outer inputs

ulmennaleith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ulmennaleith »

The 2nd aluminium plates recipe is kind of interesting if you don't value your borax, but it's not a no brainer like other level 2 smelting/processing recipes. The 3rd one I don't understand (a bit more ore + lots of other inputs, only some gravel as byproduct output). Recipes from higher grade al pulp are harder to analyze because they have lots of inputs and several byproducts. All I can say is from my "py mod's noob" eye, they don't seem all that interesting. Recipe 1 has the best aluminium ore to plates ratio (I know there are lots of other things to consider. space efficiency and power consumption are good for the 1st recipe if you use electric furnaces, but maybe it doesn't compare to tier 1 py machines). Only exception is the recipe from silicon and proton receiver, which doesn't seem to use aluminium ore. Maybe it's a good one I dont know.

Glass is also weird I agree. Recipe 2 looks good, recipe 3 uses more ore but less coal gas. Recipes 4 and 5 use tons of ore. Recipe 6 uses a bit more ore than recipe 2 + lots of byproducts for what seems to be (?) low value byproducts.

I made a dirty ( :D ) picture to show the recipes.

Glass recipes from 1 to 6 and Aluminium recipes 1 and "3" (the one from sintereted aluminium > molten aluminium)
picture

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

ulmennaleith wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:02 am
The 2nd aluminium plates recipe is kind of interesting if you don't value your borax, but it's not a no brainer like other level 2 smelting/processing recipes. The 3rd one I don't understand (a bit more ore + lots of other inputs, only some gravel as byproduct output). Recipes from higher grade al pulp are harder to analyze because they have lots of inputs and several byproducts. All I can say is from my "py mod's noob" eye, they don't seem all that interesting. Recipe 1 has the best aluminium ore to plates ratio (I know there are lots of other things to consider. space efficiency and power consumption are good for the 1st recipe if you use electric furnaces, but maybe it doesn't compare to tier 1 py machines). Only exception is the recipe from silicon and proton receiver, which doesn't seem to use aluminium ore. Maybe it's a good one I dont know.

Glass is also weird I agree. Recipe 2 looks good, recipe 3 uses more ore but less coal gas. Recipes 4 and 5 use tons of ore. Recipe 6 uses a bit more ore than recipe 2 + lots of byproducts for what seems to be (?) low value byproducts.

I made a dirty ( :D ) picture to show the recipes.

Glass recipes from 1 to 6 and Aluminium recipes 1 and "3" (the one from sintereted aluminium > molten aluminium)
picture
contact me on discord immortal_sniper1
in the case of some recipes all the byproduct is looped as input

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

subie wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:02 am
i know why. because we have researched coal processing 1 before the update, so the recipe for acetylene and calcium carbide is not unlocked properly after the update. i use this command to unlock it

/c game.player.force.recipes["calcium-carbide"].enabled=true
/c game.player.force.recipes.acetylene.enabled=true

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

mxpal wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:23 am
subie wrote:
i know why. because we have researched coal processing 1 before the update, so the recipe for acetylene and calcium carbide is not unlocked properly after the update. i use this command to unlock it

While you can do that you should actually do (if I remember correctly):

/c game.player.forceforce.reset_technology_effects()

This forces the system to recheck all researched technologies and enable all recipes that should and aren't enabled.
Much easier instead of going one by one....

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

plop all chains levels independent side by side and see which one will produce more. I always remember, you dont have to progress in all chains if you think the basic one is better.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

I hope next update for all py suite will polish our py system to playable brilliant condition :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:22 pm
I hope next update for all py suite will polish our py system to playable brilliant condition :D
should come this weekend
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

A few points of attention:
  • Coke via Red hot coke is unlocked with red science, but requires a quenching tower (green science).
  • Coke oven gas (same process) is worthless.
  • Several recipes from the raw coal line require the same ingredient multiple times.
  • Firearm magazines are too expensive.
  • Borax consumption is too high.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kinnom wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:11 pm
A few points of attention:
  • Coke via Red hot coke is unlocked with red science, but requires a quenching tower (green science).
  • Several recipes from the raw coal line require the same ingredient multiple times.
  • Firearm magazines are too expensive.
  • Borax consumption is too high.
1 - Yes
2 - That´s because we still having trouble to code a script to add results into a recipe, it may be good when we are able to.
3 - Thats intentional
4 - Thats intentional
5 - Thats intentional
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 pm
3 - Thats intentional
Why? What's the point of having listed water twice in a recipe?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:15 pm
subie wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 am
Any reason why pressurized air is locked behind silicon doping? Its needed for the tar->coal-gas recipe, and coal-gas is super needed early game now since its required for aluminium mining and and the better glass recipes among other things.
Tar will be used more in pyRO than was before. So we put that recipe later. Since it´s a side recipe, you can still get your things until unlock it.
You want to say that the tar will have more ways to be used? You have new plans for it? But how about creosote from tar? Creosote very important for tar in PYRO because sand casting is involved in many processes
kinnom wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:11 pm
Why you think its worthless? What you don't like? This resourse has way to be used - you can get outlet gas and then get some sulfur and from outlet gas you can get some aromatics

Another question
I saw beutiful magic recipe for getting crude oil - 60 aromatics + 40 syngas = 100 crude oil :mrgreen: , looks at least curious, but it's more like magic :? . Previously, this recipe meant getting bob's rubber, please tell me why decided to add oil instead of rubber? After all, you could remove this recipe so as not to introduce an imbalance
Last edited by Mella on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:36 pm

You want to say that the tar will have more ways to be used? You have new plans for it? But how about creosote from tar? Creosote very important for tar in PYRO because sand casting is involved in many processes
Yes...by tar itself of in creosote form. Solder use tar now. And creosote is used in every casting unit´s recipe.
Mella wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:36 pm
Why you think its worthless? What you don't like? This resourse has way to be used - you can get outlet gas and then get some sulfur and from outlet gas you can get some aromatics
That because we didnt added the others products yet.
pY Coal processing mod

subie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by subie »

nagapito wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:40 am
mxpal wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:23 am
subie wrote:

While you can do that you should actually do (if I remember correctly):

/c game.player.forceforce.reset_technology_effects()

This forces the system to recheck all researched technologies and enable all recipes that should and aren't enabled.
Much easier instead of going one by one....
Holy balls thank you! was going nuts looking for acetylene, and lime recipes..

dvalitov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dvalitov »

I think something broken with this drill. Because it is not working. Or incorrect display amount of acetylene.
qqq
Think i write something wrong. Sorry.
---------------------------------------
Answer: Drill using 100 acetylene per 10 lead ore. Not exactly 10 acetylene per 1 lead ore.
Last edited by dvalitov on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if my english is poor.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

new version released! Several bug fixes, specially nitrogen, glass and others.
pY Coal processing mod

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

sand excavator Mk01 and other similar machines are locked behind excavating 1 (blue science), but mk02 is locked behind coal processing 2 (green sci)? feels like should be the other way around

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

https://yadi.sk/i/qgoq0Qgk13PHzw
Is this corerct values? 5 phoshine gas not 50?
https://yadi.sk/i/dA1iPtgcWsQ0RA
Is this corerct values? 50 Nitrobenzene not 500? Or may be 50 ammonia + 50 nitrobenzene + 40 chlorine?

I'm asking bcuz in the one factorio updates was change with multipling on x10 for fluids
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “PyMods”