VOTE VOTE VOTE

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

What the next path Py mods should try to make?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:59 am

Py Alternative Energy
16%
Py Alien Life
12%
Py Petroleum Handling
16%
Py Raw Ores Digging
34%
Py Financial
22%

Total votes: 58

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

VOTE VOTE VOTE

Post by pyanodon »

Now that we are slowly stabilizing and improving the recent mod. It´s a good idea to start (like staaaaaaaaart) to imagine and concept what we should do next. So, please, vote and the winner will be the next mod of Pysuite we will work on. The poll will be automatically closed in 15 days.

pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: VOTE VOTE VOTE

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon, can ask u what we can we can except from py raw ores digging? what the goal of this mod? How big in its design it can be compared to previous mods
Its looks like PYHT turned out very grandiose and tremendous
And about py petroleum handling - maybe you'll try to touch on natural gas processing
What we can do in py alien life processing?

I sure u'll not change any science packs, so there're'll be another interesting goal ;)

Donno what to choose :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Pyanodon, can ask u what we can we can except from py raw ores digging? what the goal of this mod? How big in its design it can be compared to previous mods
Its looks like PYHT turned out very grandiose and tremendous
And about py petroleum handling - maybe you'll try to touch on natural gas processing
What we can do in py alien life processing?

I sure u'll not change any science packs, so there're'll be another interesting goal ;)

Donno what to choose :D

Cant do much spoilers but yeah..PyHT was a big mod...similar do the base mod (pYcoal). The raw ores will override all bobs ores, each one with his own particular realistic-based (focus on BASED), not a real chain. It would go from extraction to refinement. With Raw ores, we can be 100% independent of bobs as well as i can add or remove some ores and resources in the game. New forms to get ores, mega structures and such. It would be a big one.
The petroleum handling will do the same as raw ores, but with oil and their products. New oil related products, some unconventional oils and all the chain from extract to refinement. Alien life you will basically research, grow and breed alien plants, microorganisms, fungi and animals, keep and improve food chains and such to extract valuable organic materials to your factory. All that are just a very very very resumee of the ideas.
pY Coal processing mod

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I vote Financial or Alien Life. There's already enough "different ore processing" or "more solar panels" mods, need something new and original! :P

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

eradicator wrote:I vote Financial or Alien Life. There's already enough "different ore processing" or "more solar panels" mods, need something new and original! :P

It seems one of these you dont want, might win.
pY Coal processing mod

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

eradicator wrote:I vote Financial or Alien Life. There's already enough "different ore processing" or "more solar panels" mods, need something new and original! :P
I agree.

I am curious though what "alternative energy" might involve - Fusion Energy already provided a ton of alternatives to vanilla power generation.

I would love "different ore processing" most likely, but because I'm already attached to Angel's refining mechanics, and it seems unlikely that these two wouldn't walk all over each other, I went elsewhere.

flat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flat »

Pyanodon - you are the rare combination of both a very prolific and incredibly creative modder; and it shows, your mods are extremely fun to play through. I implore you to do something truly unique that Factorio has not seen before and take this "pY Financial" mod to fruition. There could be a whole new light to this game not yet seen before, and I think there's some fun and strikingly different gameplay to be had from a mod that may factor in a miniature economic system based around financial supply/demand rather than just supply/demand of commodities. Anyways, made this account to show my appreciation and give my input. I absolutely love your mods, and it gives me something to do after hours at the lab when I need to stay late.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

pyanodon wrote:
The graphic implies that you're going to do the others anyway and we're just voting on the order. I can wait :P.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

eradicator wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
The graphic implies that you're going to do the others anyway and we're just voting on the order. I can wait :P.

hahaha dunno if factorio will endure that much time needed to add all that and if i or nexela will be around for that long. But we keep going.
pY Coal processing mod

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Well. It's ultimately your choice what you're gonna do. Personally i wouldn't rely on non-representive forum polls with this few votes. I mod the stuff i like most ;p.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

eradicator wrote:Well. It's ultimately your choice what you're gonna do. Personally i wouldn't rely on non-representive forum polls with this few votes. I mod the stuff i like most ;p.

was always like that. And im ok in do whatever mod is picked. All of them i have ideas to :D
pY Coal processing mod

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetrosian »

I'm going to say either Ores or Alien Life seem the most interesting, and financial the least (mostly as I don't feel it really fits the game, but feel free to prove me wrong)

As for why the Ores appeals, I'm hoping it'll kind expand on the idea of: More complex process = greater returns, like how your power houses aren't just like plopping down more boilers but instead generate a lot of power if the work's put into them.
The Alien Life one, I'm kind of interested in, although as the game is now, I feel like a lot of space is already taken up with pastures and animal pens.

Petrochem I'm interested but wary, as I found Angels could be quite a chore at times (although part of that is my insistence on voiding as little as possible :D)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Vetrosian wrote:I'm going to say either Ores or Alien Life seem the most interesting, and financial the least (mostly as I don't feel it really fits the game, but feel free to prove me wrong)

As for why the Ores appeals, I'm hoping it'll kind expand on the idea of: More complex process = greater returns, like how your power houses aren't just like plopping down more boilers but instead generate a lot of power if the work's put into them.
The Alien Life one, I'm kind of interested in, although as the game is now, I feel like a lot of space is already taken up with pastures and animal pens.

Petrochem I'm interested but wary, as I found Angels could be quite a chore at times (although part of that is my insistence on voiding as little as possible :D)

when playing with pYmods, void and destroy stuff must be part of your schedule xD but thanks for the vote. and yes, you´re right.
pY Coal processing mod

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

Pyanodon, what will Alternative Energy mod do?
Solar? Hydro? Other things?
Will it be big?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

HammerPiano wrote:Pyanodon, what will Alternative Energy mod do?
Solar? Hydro? Other things?
Will it be big?
all of them. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

betrok
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by betrok »

pyanodon wrote:all of them. ;)
Hamster whells?
Attachments
wheel.png
wheel.png (73.22 KiB) Viewed 6282 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

PY Raw Ores Digging - is suppose it can be some analog of angel's refining? - if it so then there's little chance of compatibility, bcuz the primary mechanisms of extraction and processing simply will not work with each other
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

aklesey1 wrote:PY Raw Ores Digging - is suppose it can be some analog of angel's refining? - if it so then there's little chance of compatibility, bcuz the primary mechanisms of extraction and processing simply will not work with each other
Unless "Raw Ores Digging" just changes the way that the ores are extracted from the ground and leaves the refining alone. But I suppose there's little chance of that given how broadly the other mods spread their tendrils into all parts of the game. :)

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

Oh My! I am really excited to play with all this mods together :!: (maybe after some YEARS lol )
Raw Ore Digging looks nice, but Petroleum Handling makes me scare because looks really complex,more than the usual PY complexibility (if it can be more complex :( )

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kaueNP wrote:Oh My! I am really excited to play with all this mods together :!: (maybe after some YEARS lol )
Raw Ore Digging looks nice, but Petroleum Handling makes me scare because looks really complex,more than the usual PY complexibility (if it can be more complex :( )

I think nothing can be more complex than the actual pyHighTech mod :D
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”