immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:54 pm
https://factorioprints.com/view/-LPoh1y7GQeUgYalqLvP

compact tillable water to aromatics 1060/s out
336 fawogae plantation
70 ralesia plantation
12 gasifiers

fully beaconed up becomes :

31 fawogae plantation (can have 16 beacons around it)
7 raleasia plantation (can have 16 beacons around it)
1 gasifier (can have 20 beacons around it)

If you stop brute forcing your builds, your UPS will thank you a lot later!
or...
just beacon them and make your design produce 10k instead of 1k for the same machines!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show Me Your...

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

nagapito wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:54 pm

336 fawogae plantation
70 ralesia plantation
12 gasifiers

or...
just beacon them and make your design produce 10k instead of 1k for the same machines!
the build was made to be cheep also beacons are circuit2 that i dont have

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:54 pm

336 fawogae plantation
70 ralesia plantation
12 gasifiers

or...
also uploaded optimized beacon build

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

After much struggle I think I finally tamed the PowerHouses, at least the coal/syn gas recipe.
Doing some quick math, doesnt seem to generate more energy then steam engines (mk2 bobs engines with belts redone) but after adding the reprocessing of outputs and some extra "catalyst" to the formula, a.k.a, stone, I managed to produce 347 MW from a red belt of coal!

Under vanilla settings, a red belt of coal is 106.4 MW. With Bob's belt changes(30 u/s) and MK2 engines, its 144 MW of a red belt. 347 seems a nice improvement (241% in my case) :D

So, this takes a full red belt of coal and almost another of stone and produces 1500 combustion mixture at 600 degrees.

Math:
Each MK1 turbine consumes 60 fluid per second so, 1500/60 = 25 turbines it can power
25 mk1 turbines can theoretically produce 24.8MW = 25*24.8 = 620 MW
I said theoretically, since the mixture is at 600 degrees, the turbines work at 60% efficiency. 602 * 0.6 = 372MW
The whole system consumes 24.4 MW, so the net gain is 372 - 24.4 = 347.6

Now... lets try to build 2 or 4 of these babys since power usage also scales stupidly like the size of the base!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 pm
After much struggle I think I finally tamed the PowerHouses, at least the coal/syn gas recipe.
Doing some quick math, doesnt seem to generate more energy then steam engines (mk2 bobs engines with belts redone) but after adding the reprocessing of outputs and some extra "catalyst" to the formula, a.k.a, stone, I managed to produce 347 MW from a red belt of coal!

Under vanilla settings, a red belt of coal is 106.4 MW. With Bob's belt changes(30 u/s) and MK2 engines, its 144 MW of a red belt. 347 seems a nice improvement (241% in my case) :D

So, this takes a full red belt of coal and almost another of stone and produces 1500 combustion mixture at 600 degrees.

Math:
Each MK1 turbine consumes 60 fluid per second so, 1500/60 = 25 turbines it can power
I said theoretically, since the mixture is at 600 degrees, the turbines work at 60% efficiency. 602 * 0.6 = 372MW

Now... lets try to build 2 or 4 of these babys since power usage also scales stupidly like the size of the base!
as the hellmod displays you dont recicle the steam that is 60 (that is hot water atm) and that process takes power
also there is the flue gas that needs to be turned in ash so another 4-7MW lost there
regarding stone you an extract that localy for the input of like 7/s iron plate

and i dont get where u use bob boilers
(maybe for the hot water)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

and i cant find the building numbers

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Math:

Interesting...but the turbines doesnt always consume their maximum, only when needed. A good trick would be store the combustion mixture into tanks to ease the fluctuation. Also, this mod wont be more compatible with bobs soon (unless kingarthur do a great job). So, compared to vanilla, these turbines are very effective. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

pyanodon wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 am
Also, this mod wont be more compatible with bobs soon (unless kingarthur do a great job).
I havent been following bob's development. Is anything drastically changing in the near future?
Also, this mod wont be more compatible with bobs soon (unless kingarthur do a great job). So, compared to vanilla, these turbines are very effective. :)
Early game they can be if you reprocess the tar. Without it, they are not effective and that is something harder to understand if you are new to the mod with the risk of getting a permanent impression that they are not efficient early game and will never realise they can be good until someone points it out!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 am
Also, this mod wont be more compatible with bobs soon (unless kingarthur do a great job).
I havent been following bob's development. Is anything drastically changing in the near future?
Also, this mod wont be more compatible with bobs soon (unless kingarthur do a great job). So, compared to vanilla, these turbines are very effective. :)
Early game they can be if you reprocess the tar. Without it, they are not effective and that is something harder to understand if you are new to the mod with the risk of getting a permanent impression that they are not efficient early game and will never realise they can be good until someone points it out!
alter some tests i noticed that u directly make coke from coal and make tar from stone

but here is a better idea
distill coal and u get : coal gas tar fe2o3 and coke
then turn the tar in coalgas anf flue gas(that will become ash)
then the coal gas in syngas
then use that to generate combustion mix

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 am

alter some tests i noticed that u directly make coke from coal and make tar from stone

No, that is not better since you use more coal.
The purpose here is how much energy you can produce with the same ammount of coal, and for my case, I was using 30/s coal (bob's changed red belt)
Coal to coal gas/coke produces less coke then doing the direct conversion, so with one belt of coal you only produce 18 coke opposed to the 30 coke I was producing.

And that is the limiting factor since coal gas and tar can easily be produced with other resources that have no energy value. Remember, its all about taking the most out of the 8 MJ of energy that coal has and output the maximum energy value possible (and with early tech)

So, instead of 1500 combustion mix per second you will only get 900

Yes, it uses less energy, 13.5MW instead of 24.4 but it only outputs 223.2 MW with a positive net value of 209.7 when the stone system has a positive net value of 347.6.
A belt of stone and you increase your power output by 66%!!!

And, on top of that, you have a small waste of tar, since if you try to convert that tar to coal gas and use it in the chain, you will need more coke and more coal to actually be able to convert it to combustion mixture...

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:44 am
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 am

No, that is not better since you use more coal.
The purpose here is how much energy you can produce with the same ammount of coal, and for my case, I was using 30/s coal (bob's changed red belt)
Coal to coal gas/coke produces less coke then doing the direct conversion, so with one belt of coal you only produce 18 coke opposed to the 30 coke I was producing.

And that is the limiting factor since coal gas and tar can easily be produced with other resources that have no energy value. Remember, its all about taking the most out of the 8 MJ of energy that coal has and output the maximum energy value possible (and with early tech)

So, instead of 1500 combustion mix per second you will only get 900

Yes, it uses less energy, 13.5MW instead of 24.4 but it only outputs 223.2 MW with a positive net value of 209.7 when the stone system has a positive net value of 347.6.
A belt of stone and you increase your power output by 66%!!!

And, on top of that, you have a small waste of tar, since if you try to convert that tar to coal gas and use it in the chain, you will need more coke and more coal to actually be able to convert it to combustion mixture...
ok but what are those blue line that are horizontal?
also u can get the stone like this
https://factorioprints.com/view/-LNzLZuJGqQGhaJTBjhW locally with a very low input

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Its compressed air. Bob's integration maybe...

And that way of creating stone requires blue science.... I was aiming for early game, red/green science.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:20 pm

And that way of creating stone requires blue science.... I was aiming for early game, red/green science.
its water in pure py so its ok for early
also i forgot that exractors were science 3 i coded in some science to get them since crushing stone to sand required obscene quantities of stone
not to menstion the amounts required for my tar and landfill (as of now 75M stone and 92M sand )
and i also think that sand extractors should be tech-2 the other one that gives milibeum and nexelite can be 3 but u need tons of stone and
mining is impractical
you need like 1 red bet of stone just for the waffres neded to make 1 circuit-2 /s

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

490MW from 2 red belts coal in pure py theoretical power gain in my setup
including the water cooling process all early tech

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:50 pm

490MW from 2 red belts coal in pure py theoretical power gain in my setup
including the water cooling process all early tech
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

only rare earth mud and tailings are liquids outputs and solids is tailings and ash

soupdragongames
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by soupdragongames »

Been working on this for ~10 hours on stream, rather than spam with pictures, imgur album :arrow: https://imgur.com/a/glB7Fr9

Hoping to get an early start on modules via Yuoki's basic modules, eventually intending to move to a LTN sub-factory design.
Not designed to be at all ratio-balanced, I err on the side of producing slightly too much rather than too little though. I had intended to stuff things into Factorissimo buildings but Py's is just too large to fit into buildings for most stuff without recursion.

One thing I will comment about the mod in general is it forces you to build large, this is probably the longest main bus I've had in quite some time while only being at science pack 2. I do like that in general the mod isn't as bewildering as Bob-Angel's tends to be where there are just so many outputs and inputs to common items it's hard to line everything up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ohhh i saw your stream! Cant wait to see if you will reach the end of the game one day :D I will stay tunned. Thank you for sharing.
pY Coal processing mod

host65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by host65 »

I completed the last sience pack in PyHightech. Screenshots, blueprints and save here https://imgur.com/a/BqrnsLy#dtl4wFn

Someone has comments or some hints how to improve UPS let me know. Currently at 35 ups@2GW

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

remember people, you can reuse that 60 steam to power vanilla steam turbines using the pyFRlE heat exchanger.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

host65 wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:03 pm
I completed the last sience pack in PyHightech. Screenshots, blueprints and save here https://imgur.com/a/BqrnsLy#dtl4wFn

Someone has comments or some hints how to improve UPS let me know. Currently at 35 ups@2GW
Wow...is always very satisfying see someone reach that level with pymods. O-o Love how organized you were with the trains and such...the whole base is made in blocks. Amazing what you did with the fluids and LTN.

Did you used the hightech bots or wasnt needed?
pY Coal processing mod

Return to β€œPyMods”