pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Ersatz-Yellow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Ersatz-Yellow »

Hello Pyanodon. I was drawn to your mods by Katherine of Sky's amazing playthrough series, and was inspired to download them and start a game on my own. However, the early game difficulty added by PyHT is pretty brutal. Tier 1 circuits are needed for everything, and even once you have a chipshooter machine fully supplied, the amount of production needed to make anything close to a vanilla setup's output of circuits is... intimidating, to say the least.

I love the cyclical dependencies and balancing systems in your mods. You've done amazing work, and the building sprites look wonderful. But I fear PyHT might become a bridge too far for me, and I am beginning to consider playing with just the other ones. I know that's possible strictly from a mod dependencies standpoint, but is it advisable? How much will I be missing out on if I don't tough it out and power through the early game dearth of circuits? Or will the later stages of the game be more of the same thing driving me away from the early game, just on an even larger scale?

I suppose I'm looking for encouragement, but if I get something to the tune of, "If it's too tough for you here, turn back while you still can," that's useful to know, too.

Holy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Holy »

Thank you, Yes, if you choose a class balanced, it works

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ersatz-Yellow wrote:Hello Pyanodon. I was drawn to your mods by Katherine of Sky's amazing playthrough series, and was inspired to download them and start a game on my own. However, the early game difficulty added by PyHT is pretty brutal. Tier 1 circuits are needed for everything, and even once you have a chipshooter machine fully supplied, the amount of production needed to make anything close to a vanilla setup's output of circuits is... intimidating, to say the least.

I love the cyclical dependencies and balancing systems in your mods. You've done amazing work, and the building sprites look wonderful. But I fear PyHT might become a bridge too far for me, and I am beginning to consider playing with just the other ones. I know that's possible strictly from a mod dependencies standpoint, but is it advisable? How much will I be missing out on if I don't tough it out and power through the early game dearth of circuits? Or will the later stages of the game be more of the same thing driving me away from the early game, just on an even larger scale?

I suppose I'm looking for encouragement, but if I get something to the tune of, "If it's too tough for you here, turn back while you still can," that's useful to know, too.

Maybe you find it easier with the other pymods only as you are considering.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Handcrafting recipe/categories should be fixed in 1.0.5 when released

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

As my right hand said...it was fixed as well as several balances in the mod was done too. Please Update your mod to the new version!
pY Coal processing mod

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

pyanodon wrote:
Raphaello wrote:I am going through my first play through your mods, pyanodon. I've just automated (with a lot of manual moving items between chests) production and I've got two proposals:
- lowering time for handcrafting PCB1 (printed circuit substrate 1) would help tremendously as building Kicalk Plantation to get fibers is no fun - a ton of PCB1 is required to build it. I just got around this using console to speed up handcrafting ...
- it would be a good idea to give us possibility to inefficiently get fibers (ie 20 wood = 1 fiber) to avoid getting all PCB1 needed to build Kicalk
the new version of the mod have only 5 seconds for pcb1 and you can get fibers by only clay and water.
5 sec for pcb1 is there in 1.0.5 but making fiber still requires Kicalk Plantation which is a pain to build without having pcb1 automated (and fibers are required for automation of pcb1).
The way I understood you up there is that you'd make a new recipe for fibers which would work in i.e. assembler 1.
Oh well, I'm past this point now in my game anyway.

Great mod anyway! your hard work pyanodon and nexela is appreciated!

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

orzelek wrote:
Hellatze wrote:
factorioguy111 wrote:
Hellatze wrote:What the purpose of this mod ?

make sure you're busy for the next weeks doing what the base game allows in 5 minutes :D

i.e. make things way more interesting.
WAY better graphics on buildings, more interesting recipes, .... you really have to make use of your brain & planning skills
So they only make things hard. But didnt give any benefit ?

Why i choose this mod.
This mod like bob's and Angel's is made to make game more difficult by adding complexity (sometimes also making it a bit more realistic on recipes). If you are here for other reasons then you have chosen wrong mod.
Angel mod are difficult but we can get extra productivity and other infinite resource.

Bob mod also gives tiered machinery. So my mining machine will work faster.

I hope this mod provide something intresting like both of them.

If simply adding more production chain. I just go to expensive mode.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hellatze wrote: Angel mod are difficult but we can get extra productivity and other infinite resource.
So go for it.
pY Coal processing mod

xaero15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaero15 »

Raphaello wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Raphaello wrote:I am going through my first play through your mods, pyanodon. I've just automated (with a lot of manual moving items between chests) production and I've got two proposals:
- lowering time for handcrafting PCB1 (printed circuit substrate 1) would help tremendously as building Kicalk Plantation to get fibers is no fun - a ton of PCB1 is required to build it. I just got around this using console to speed up handcrafting ...
- it would be a good idea to give us possibility to inefficiently get fibers (ie 20 wood = 1 fiber) to avoid getting all PCB1 needed to build Kicalk
the new version of the mod have only 5 seconds for pcb1 and you can get fibers by only clay and water.
5 sec for pcb1 is there in 1.0.5 but making fiber still requires Kicalk Plantation which is a pain to build without having pcb1 automated (and fibers are required for automation of pcb1).
The way I understood you up there is that you'd make a new recipe for fibers which would work in i.e. assembler 1.
Oh well, I'm past this point now in my game anyway.

Great mod anyway! your hard work pyanodon and nexela is appreciated!
I think that what Raphaello says is the key. I undestand your mod is not angels or bobs, so you go for entrincated chains that will give you the same or less in more time. I'm fine with that but, the fact that you have to hand craft every.damn.circuit till you get to the pcb1 is too much for a game that should go arround automation. The amount of time it takes hand crafting eveything till you get to the circuits is excesive from my point of veiw.

Anyway, i like a lot the amount of work you put on the addons and all the lines the addons add, making you struggle about what to do with every secondary item you get.

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

I hope this mod give a buff. Like creating a lots of item what we want when we made that complex chain.

Or simply give infinite resource. In hard way.

That will make mod more balanced.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

The longer I play with the PYHT, the longer I make sure we need an electric boiler.
We need many steam for different processes
I don't want to spent tons of fuel? for example i can produce coke from oil - that's called petroleum coke - already exists in angel petrochem u know ;)
I really want to heat water with electricity like in kettle on my kitchen - there is such a thing as heating coil
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Arvannies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arvannies »

I think what some of you need to do is gift yourself a few dozen LTN Depot's. We're basically playing on SUPER hard mode here (assuming AAIngel Bob Clown pY or some variation of the like), so don't feel bad. You can use those to help sort the mess and cycle up to the massive back end production needed to run these things.

Anyway, on that note: Py, I was wondering if you could look at the ceramic production? I think I've got a pretty good handle on the amount/size of things you like to chain together at this point and this one seems a little... extreme, even for you. :P
I looked through helmod to see if I was getting the ratios right since my ceramic seemed way too low given what I've made for it (28 clay pits feeding 10 furnaces).
It looks like to run a full bob's yellow belt (20/sec) you need 134 furnaces and 400 (!) clay pits. I dunno if you meant to have giant harvesting fields of clay or not but... yeah. :lol:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Arvannies wrote:I think what some of you need to do is gift yourself a few dozen LTN Depot's. We're basically playing on SUPER hard mode here (assuming AAIngel Bob Clown pY or some variation of the like), so don't feel bad. You can use those to help sort the mess and cycle up to the massive back end production needed to run these things.

Anyway, on that note: Py, I was wondering if you could look at the ceramic production? I think I've got a pretty good handle on the amount/size of things you like to chain together at this point and this one seems a little... extreme, even for you. :P
I looked through helmod to see if I was getting the ratios right since my ceramic seemed way too low given what I've made for it (28 clay pits feeding 10 furnaces).
It looks like to run a full bob's yellow belt (20/sec) you need 134 furnaces and 400 (!) clay pits. I dunno if you meant to have giant harvesting fields of clay or not but... yeah. :lol:
I nevwr understood why people wanna get their belts full. But i might take a look at it. But if i need to balance this mod to allow people belt-full all ingredients it have, i will need to redo the entire mod which i wont hehehe
pY Coal processing mod

Arvannies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arvannies »

pyanodon wrote:
Arvannies wrote:I think what some of you need to do is gift yourself a few dozen LTN Depot's. We're basically playing on SUPER hard mode here (assuming AAIngel Bob Clown pY or some variation of the like), so don't feel bad. You can use those to help sort the mess and cycle up to the massive back end production needed to run these things.

I nevwr understood why people wanna get their belts full. But i might take a look at it. But if i need to balance this mod to allow people belt-full all ingredients it have, i will need to redo the entire mod which i wont hehehe
Ehhh, it's less about a full belt and more about a production shortfall/inconsistency. My 10/30ish setup can't quite keep up with 4 chip shooters running at full blast. I've no idea what will happen further in when there's more ceramic usage.

xaero15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaero15 »

pyanodon wrote:

Well, some people will say that a not full belt is not use all the belt potential, which is true, but for me is more about the fun of make things work faster and faster and the troubles it make on other parts when you change something. That plus your addons plus bobs plus angels... well, it's really funny and fustrating on 50/50, ut i like to make a bunch of things. And in the end, it makes the game more dinamic, don't have you waiting doing nothing or wasting your time till you have X number or things that take too much time, at least for me.

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

Hellatze wrote: Angel mod are difficult but we can get extra productivity and other infinite resource.
Hm know you not that bobs mod is like pymods build of different mods. You must see py hIghttech like bobs electronics mod part. Bobelectronics make the game only harder, the better mining machines are only in bobmining. So when you don't like py highttech then you play pymods without highttech, as you play bob without electronics, when you don't like the harder electronics from bob.

xaero15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaero15 »

Shorkan wrote:
Hm know you not that bobs mod is like pymods build of different mods. You must see py hIghttech like bobs electronics mod part. Bobelectronics make the game only harder, the better mining machines are only in bobmining. So when you don't like py highttech then you play pymods without highttech, as you play bob without electronics, when you don't like the harder electronics from bob.
I think is a bit different. You're right saying that bob electornic is only more mess for nothing more than that, but it mess that you can do at a relative good speed. you don't need to wait for every circuit you craft tons of time, neither for the components. I like the messy lines on the game that add complexity and make you deal with tons of subproducts, but i think it should be dinamic, with a speed that doesn't have you seeing other thinks than the game because you need 5 minuts to craft a specific item, or a group of them.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

New update will come soon to increase the production and decrease some times due lots of requests around here.
pY Coal processing mod

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

xaero15 wrote: I think is a bit different. You're right saying that bob electornic is only more mess for nothing more than that, but it mess that you can do at a relative good speed. you don't need to wait for every circuit you craft tons of time, neither for the components. I like the messy lines on the game that add complexity and make you deal with tons of subproducts, but i think it should be dinamic, with a speed that doesn't have you seeing other thinks than the game because you need 5 minuts to craft a specific item, or a group of them.
I know that is different but in the main theme its the same, it change the electronics und it only here too make the game harder. But py highttech is too slow for me too. So after two games where i tried it too run it normal, i started a third game where i changed the mod too be faster. Even with 0.5s for a circuit board 1 it was a slow start, i think the change to 5s and only handcraft makes the start even harder then befor. Because befor you need only red science and research automation 2 and then you could automate it and even it was slow, you could build enough buildings too compensate it. Yet you need too build the whole chain, and even with 0.5s it was really long time until it was running.

Then there are many buildings where you need so many of them, that i changed them too. Some of them a 10 times faster then befor, but need the same amount of energy as 10 buildings. I get every time bored when i need too build too big, because then i start with trains and for me are trains so a great waste of time because they cost me so much time too build. I want a challenge and i see the challenge more yet, because the buildings are faster and i don't spread them over the whole map in long lines with the same buildings. Yet i puzzle them together what is much more fun for me, but its a thing of taste, some people will love that they need 100 of one building, but for me its boring. I think the best would be when someone makes a mod too make the mod faster, i don't know how too change that all in a separate mod, i only dig in the mod itself and change its code too match that what i want and each time pyanodon updates the mod, i change it again. Not the best way but it works for me. :D

But i thinks even when its faster, Hellatze will not find what he seeks, because he seeks a benefit and that would mean that the circuit board chains build maybe 5x more times of circuit boards. Because i think this is something he seeks, he want something harder but the result of this harder should be that he gets more out of something then he could get befor. Maybe i'm false, but for me it sounds so.
pyanodon wrote:New update will come soon to increase the production and decrease some times due lots of requests around here.
Ahh took me to long too write my post. Will be interesting too see how fast it will be then and if i stay with my changes or if i use the original. :D

Edit:
And a question is it itended that modules and stack inserter are behind advanced electronics? Because both of them are red green science. I changed them too behind basic electronics for me. I did it because with stack inserter and the red green research too buff him, you double the normal inserter, because instead of 1 they then can pick up 2 items. Wich is nice too have and with py highttech you could only get it when you have the circuit board 2 chain running and science pack 3, what for my taste is too late.

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

pyanodon wrote:New update will come soon to increase the production and decrease some times due lots of requests around here.
Please do not go too far in this. I began to play with your mods and find slow pace very entertaining. It took 7 hours to get first level electronics automated. It is very boring to build base to (almost) megabase scale from beginning if everything is cheap and fast to make. It give more to work hard for first tiny production and then slowly increase it when higher tech needs more resources.

Return to “PyMods”