pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Raphaello wrote:
pyanodon wrote:True! it was a bug...will be fixed in the next release.

:)
Would you mind posting a simple explanation on how you plan to fix it?
I don't know how long it will take to release the next version so I would be glad to patch it myself (depending on complexity of the patch, obviously).

Thanks for the fix!!!!!
probably u will need to edit a few lines of txt or copy an replace 1-2 .lua files

BUT
I noticed another problem this is another recepy that uses cyanic acid and since there is just 1 way to make it you end up with tons of ammonia as waste
since melamine uses cyanic and a little ammonia u also get a lot af waste ammonia
as of now i have like 2 full warehouses full of bareled ammonia and like 6 80k tanks full
ammonia can be broduces from ureea in chem plant tseparately (if needed) by cyanic is locket with ammonia
and as of now there isnt a major ammonia consummer for the piled ammonia to be used on and since ammonia is made from ureea that is produced slowly
i feel that it would be a huge waste to eternal sink it

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Sink it
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

Somehow this got proken for me today after updating mods:

I have Bobs, pymods and angels mods installed.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

May be angel mods can cause some errors
I updated my mod pack with bob's + py and no problems
I just have only 1 problem after updating with this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Coppermin ... ebalancing but i deleted it bcuz no electrum alloy for now in bob's mods
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Nummy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nummy »

So suggesting to post this into angel's mod section?

veitfighter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by veitfighter »

Nummy wrote:Somehow this got proken for me today after updating mods:

I have Bobs, pymods and angels mods installed.
Got the same Error, help please? :)

Rue99
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rue99 »

The error is due to Bobingabout removing electrum alloy from his base mods.

host65
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by host65 »

Go into the pyscience mod files - recipes.lua
Edit line 650 and replace electrum with something else. I chose silver-plates. Works like a charm

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

host65 wrote:Go into the pyscience mod files - recipes.lua
Edit line 650 and replace electrum with something else. I chose silver-plates. Works like a charm
Bob actually used gold instead of it but it's close enough I think ;)

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

Hi, one more (possible) bug. The recipe below does not work in py+bobs as HPF has only one fluid input. HPF cannot take oxygen so I've change the category to 'chemistry'.

Code: Select all

RECIPE {
    type = 'recipe',
    name = 'phosphoric-acid2',
    category = 'hpf',
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 5,
    ingredients = {
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'phosphine-gas', amount = 50}
    },
    results = {
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'phosphoric-acid', amount = 40}
    }
}:add_unlock('basic-electronics'):add_ingredient({type = 'fluid', name = 'oxygen', amount = 30})

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

host65 wrote:Go into the pyscience mod files - recipes.lua
I've just updated bob's and I received no errors related to electrum :?
Interesting!

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

I have reached circuit board 2 quite some time ago and now I am working to scale up my base to produce these in bigger quantities. Now I produce as little as 4.6/min. The problem traces back to RE oxides which I currently produce 127/min. This in turn limits my production of transistors significantly. The problem with RE oxide production is that I've got too little sulfuric acid which in turn blocks my RE oxide production.

How to get sulphuric acid? The only sensible way to produce it is to use sulphur. I get it primarily in two ways:
1. as byproduct of converting coal gas into refined gas (I don't need that much refined gas and I'm trying to avoid voiding as much as possible; coal gas is also a byproduct from other processes too)
2. by converting oil into refined gas (again!) with sulphur and ash as byproducts. Oil however is pretty rare on my map. I also find it ridiculous to convert vast majority of oil into sulphur :?

I either am missing a great way to produce sulphuric acid in bigger quantities or there is a major imbalance here due to high RE oxides requirements for transistor production.

Any suggestions?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Raphaello wrote:I have reached circuit board 2 quite some time ago and now I am working to scale up my base to produce these in bigger quantities. Now I produce as little as 4.6/min. The problem traces back to RE oxides which I currently produce 127/min. This in turn limits my production of transistors significantly. The problem with RE oxide production is that I've got too little sulfuric acid which in turn blocks my RE oxide production.

How to get sulphuric acid? The only sensible way to produce it is to use sulphur. I get it primarily in two ways:
1. as byproduct of converting coal gas into refined gas (I don't need that much refined gas and I'm trying to avoid voiding as much as possible; coal gas is also a byproduct from other processes too)
2. by converting oil into refined gas (again!) with sulphur and ash as byproducts. Oil however is pretty rare on my map. I also find it ridiculous to convert vast majority of oil into sulphur :?

I either am missing a great way to produce sulphuric acid in bigger quantities or there is a major imbalance here due to high RE oxides requirements for transistor production.

Any suggestions?

Theres more recipes for that in the FTS-reactor. Also...you can generate crude oil from tailings to break into other oils and gets lots of sulfur too.
pY Coal processing mod

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

pyanodon wrote:Theres more recipes for that in the FTS-reactor. Also...you can generate crude oil from tailings to break into other oils and gets lots of sulfur too.
OK, I'll give it a go.

However, I dealt with another shortage in the meantime: zinc acetate (I was missing methanol). After fixing it, I got a shortage of zinc plates which require... sulphuric acid to make!

Anyway, I'm off to check these FTS recipes.

EDIT: Indeed FTS opens a lot of options there. There's the recipe you've mentioned but there's also one to produce sulphuric acid from petroleum, and also some more that might be useful. This is getting complex - a task for another day.

However, all these recipes will make oil the primary source of sulphur and other uses of oil are marginal. Sulphur should be a byproduct of oil processing and not the main one :o

EDIT2: I use oil to produce suplhur (vast majority of usage) and smaller amounths of plastic and lubricant. Maybe pyHT would benefit from sulphur as a minable resource?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Don't played with py suite for some time.
Few days ago my friend and me played in multiplayer and we found deadlock with zinc acetate processing:
1) To get zinc acetate we need mixer
2) Mixer requires titanium plate
3) Titanium plate requires its research which can be unlocked with science pack 3
4) Science pack 3 requires third circuit (forgot how it calling)
5) Third curcuit requires diode
6) Diode requires zinc acetate
So we can't get zinc acetate bcuz we can't craft mixer :mrgreen:

Hey people who meet similar problem with titanium, I can't remeber exactly but there're must be bugged recipe with crushed rutile which must get 4 titanium plates but not 1, this recipe is unlocked with crushing technology before main common recipe for titanium - this technology unlocks may recipe for metals from crushed ores even if the main technologies for metals aren't open, strange its not logical :|

Thanks for mod pyanodon no matter what, your mod is still amazing in its elaboration-the bugs that we find could have been killed before, but it's good that we see them now need to polish to shine this hi-tech project 8-) ;)

Soon today i'll go back home and i'll look closer for titanium chain
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

aklesey1 wrote:i'll look closer for titanium chain
Titanium plate is also enabled by Crusher technology which does not require SP3. Titanium tech unlocks more efficient recipe and some more titanium stuff
Last edited by Raphaello on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

Raphaello wrote:Indeed FTS opens a lot of options there. There's the recipe you've mentioned but there's also one to produce sulphuric acid from petroleum, and also some more that might be useful. This is getting complex - a task for another day.
OK, done this and sulphur production is much better now. I am storing insane amounts of olefins though. I'll need to deal with this stockpile shortly.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Raphaello wrote: OK, done this and sulphur production is much better now. I am storing insane amounts of olefins though. I'll need to deal with this stockpile shortly.
Convert it into energy or diesel or oils.
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Raphaello wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:i'll look closer for titanium chain
Titanium plate is also enabled by Crusher technology which does not require SP3. Titanium tech unlocks more efficient recipe and some more titanium stuff
I thought the main idea was to make the crushed ores give more profit, and now it's just an additional source of stone :(

Rothguard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rothguard »

can we all agree that we are replacing electurm with silver-plates ?????? :lol: :lol:

Return to “PyMods”