pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Malkara
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Malkara »

Just as an opposite view of the game, I'm currently running Angelbobs + Pyanodon and really really like the added complexity and cost-heavy application of the game. I've never had to make a base quite this elaborate and it's great.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Hi developer of moda! very cool mod with a mix of angels and bob mod and other .. just not real hardcore!
By the way, I have a request to make a converter from a permissible value of 268 degrees to 165. Such a filter is set to a certain degree.
but it can be difficult :) to install such settings. that would optimize everything.

привет разработчик модаа! очень классный мод с сочетанием ангелс и боб модом и другими.. просто не реальный хардкор!
кстати у меня просьба реально ли сделать преобразователь из допустим 268 градусов в 165. такой настариваемый под определенный градус.
а то бывает сложно :) ставить установки такие. что бы оптимизировать все.
Attachments
2018-07-30_19-10-39.png
2018-07-30_19-10-39.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 6173 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Airat9000 wrote:Hi developer of moda! very cool mod with a mix of angels and bob mod and other .. just not real hardcore!
By the way, I have a request to make a converter from a permissible value of 268 degrees to 165. Such a filter is set to a certain degree.
but it can be difficult :) to install such settings. that would optimize everything.

привет разработчик модаа! очень классный мод с сочетанием ангелс и боб модом и другими.. просто не реальный хардкор!
кстати у меня просьба реально ли сделать преобразователь из допустим 268 градусов в 165. такой настариваемый под определенный градус.

Hello. This problem isnt caused by my mods
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

pyanodon wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:Hi developer of moda! very cool mod with a mix of angels and bob mod and other .. just not real hardcore!

The problem is that the recipe requires steam with an exact temperature instead of a minimum temperature.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

pyanodon wrote:

no, you did not understand. I asked to make a device that would convert the temperature into the desired one for each device.

нет вы не поняли я попросил сделать такое устройство что бы конвертировало температуру в нужную под каждое уйстройство.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ahh. Well i can add recipes for that.
pY Coal processing mod

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Malkara wrote:Just as an opposite view of the game, I'm currently running Angelbobs + Pyanodon and really really like the added complexity and cost-heavy application of the game. I've never had to make a base quite this elaborate and it's great.
You know that angel and bob make pymods way way easier right? Pure pymods are most complex ones. Funny thing is that adding bob makes factorio more complex and adding angel makes way more complex bob+angel.

But there is this thing with pymods, it's so complex that adding angel+bob makes it way easier. Nobody here seems to be playing pure pymods except author himself.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

cpy wrote:
Malkara wrote:Just as an opposite view of the game, I'm currently running Angelbobs + Pyanodon and really really like the added complexity and cost-heavy application of the game. I've never had to make a base quite this elaborate and it's great.
You know that angel and bob make pymods way way easier right? Pure pymods are most complex ones. Funny thing is that adding bob makes factorio more complex and adding angel makes way more complex bob+angel.

But there is this thing with pymods, it's so complex that adding angel+bob makes it way easier. Nobody here seems to be playing pure pymods except author himself.
i play pure py with no bobs and angels but i addeaal QOL mods and some of my own and a few othere convenience ones

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
i play pure py with no bobs and angels but i addeaal QOL mods and some of my own and a few othere convenience ones
Which ones?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

cpy wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Which ones?

{
"mods": [
{
"name": "base",
"enabled": true
},
{
"name": "Advanced-Solar",
},
{
"name": "Advanced_Radar",
},
{
"name": "AfraidOfTheDark",
},
{
"name": "angelspetrochem",
},
{
"name": "attach-notes",
},
{
"name": "AutoDeconstruct",
},
{
"name": "AutomaticTrainBuilder",
},
{
"name": "AutomaticTrainBuilder_FixForModdedTrains",
},
{
"name": "AutomaticTrainDeconstructionUpdated",
},
{
"name": "better_icon",
},
{
"name": "BigStorageTank",
},
{
"name": "Blueprint_Flip_Turn",
},
{
"name": "bobvehicleequipment",
},
{
"name": "BulletWillTrain",
},
{
"name": "DeadlockLoaders",
},
{
"name": "EarlyAccumulator",
},
{
"name": "easy-button",
},
{
"name": "electricboiler",
},
{
"name": "ElectricVehicles3",
},
{
"name": "fast_trans",
},
{
"name": "FNEI",
},
{
"name": "giga_power",
},
{
"name": "HeavyTank",
},
{
"name": "helmod",
},
{
"name": "Induction Charging",
},
{
"name": "InductionChargingMk",
"enabled": false
},
{
"name": "InkQuill",
},
{
"name": "LJD_Vehicles_A16",
},
{
"name": "LogisticTrainNetwork",
},
{
"name": "LTN-easier",
},
{
"name": "Map Ping",
},
{
"name": "miniloader",
},
{
"name": "Modular-Armor",
},
{
"name": "Nanobots",
},
{
"name": "NapalmArtillery",
},
{
"name": "Nuclear_Artillery_Shell",
},
{
"name": "plc",
},
{
"name": "pushbutton",
},
{
"name": "pycoalprocessing",
},
{
"name": "PyFNEIPatch",
},
{
"name": "pyfusionenergy",
},
{
"name": "pyhightech",
},
{
"name": "pyindustry",
},
{
"name": "qol_research",
},
{
"name": "railloader",
},
{
"name": "rso-mod",
},
{
"name": "SC_camera",
},
{
"name": "SmallInlineStorageTank",
},
{
"name": "Squeak Through",
},
{
"name": "Texugo_TA-miners",
},
{
"name": "Texugo_windgenerator",
},
{
"name": "Tiny_Start",
},
{
"name": "Todo-List",
},
{
"name": "train-scaling",
},
{
"name": "train_tech",
},
{
"name": "upgrade-planner",
},
{
"name": "Vehicle Wagon",
},
{
"name": "Waterfill_v15",
}
]
}

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Anyone knows that if those charts for production require bob mods or not? I've seen some bobs icons and material i know are from bob, or have they been ported to be in pymods pure pack?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

cpy wrote:Anyone knows that if those charts for production require bob mods or not? I've seen some bobs icons and material i know are from bob, or have they been ported to be in pymods pure pack?
The mod works with or without bobs
pY Coal processing mod

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

pyanodon wrote:
The mod works with or without bobs
So those charts are for pymods without bobs mods?

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:Image

https://imgur.com/a/keW2HBz

what would the best path be??
I've noticed with every chain in Pyanodon's mods that if there are multiple paths, the 'best' path will depend on your excess productions, power needs, building space, technologies, etc. And even then, it can be a bit tricky.

MakeB
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MakeB »

What drill apparatus we're suppose to use on Molybdenite (or however that is been written)?

And i agree, 2nd gen circuit board is just not doable... Bob's Angles is easy peasy compared to this horror...anyway, mod looks nice and feels very realistic.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

auog1.png
auog1.png (537.28 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
auog2.png
auog2.png (333.05 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
kicalk.png
kicalk.png (617.93 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
Not sure has someone raised this before, some of the agricultural alternative recipes arent better than the simple ones. Since niobium requires ammonia now, i need to build a huge auog paddock plant, with 21 of them if i use the recipe with kicalk, and 42 without. But 16 kicalk plantations are so expensive to build, and it requires additional resources to run when compared to only water in the simple recipe. I usually end up just using the simpler recipe. The added complexity of the recipe with kicalk isnt worth it at all. Same goes for the fawogae recipe with fertilizer; the resources and time needed to build the fertilizer plant is way higher than mass building plantations.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

mxpal wrote:
auog1.png
auog2.png
kicalk.png
Not sure has someone raised this before, some of the agricultural alternative recipes arent better than the simple ones. Since niobium requires ammonia now, i need to build a huge auog paddock plant, with 21 of them if i use the recipe with kicalk, and 42 without. But 16 kicalk plantations are so expensive to build, and it requires additional resources to run when compared to only water in the simple recipe. I usually end up just using the simpler recipe. The added complexity of the recipe with kicalk isnt worth it at all. Same goes for the fawogae recipe with fertilizer; the resources and time needed to build the fertilizer plant is way higher than mass building plantations.
i noticed too that fertilizer isnt worht it
but methane with co2 is worth it
same for wood with co2 and tailings
regarding fiber i use the lamp recipe with sand

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Each game is different and people can use the recipes that fit more in their setup.
pY Coal processing mod

Catbert
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Catbert »

I like the mod, especially the cool looking buildings and overall feeling.

But i can't get over the circuit board 1 substrate handcrafting thing. I think it is ok to provide a simple means to craft by hand but why is the industrial process slower and has less yield?
The current recipe encourages handcrafting which is totally un-factorio-wise. How about making the industrial process faster or at least throw out more boards for each craft (like 5 boards)?
The guy you are playing must be some kind of board substrate handcrafting genius that he can beat an industrial process in such a way...

Return to “PyMods”