Hammatime
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Hammatime »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:11 am
New trains look awesome!
One possible issue is, the alignment between the wagons is different from vanilla trains. There's no 1 tile gap between wagons. I don't know if this is intentional (it does look pretty good), but this means we can't use these and regular trains on the same stations.
20201030170026_1.jpg
Is this intended? The new fluid wagons line up correctly. So it seems odd that the cargo wagons would require either separate stations or a complete revamp of all stations.

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

I saw, that I can charge the used nexelit batteries now. But how do I get them? The train doesn´t give used-nexelit-batteries back. It consumes the batteries.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Firemonkey1412 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:10 pm
I saw, that I can charge the used nexelit batteries now. But how do I get them? The train doesn´t give used-nexelit-batteries back. It consumes the batteries.
Its not working just yet ive got to tweak the loco to actually return them. Theyll be an update soonish to fix it.

snakeru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snakeru »

Hi. I'm trying to set up the "Simple Circuit Board" chain (the one depicted in the very first post of this thread). However over the years the process had changed slightly, the Formica now requires "fiber board" instead of paper. And here hides the problem: fiber board requires sodium hydroxide, which is not yet unlocked at this tier.

List of my mods: "factorio standard library" + Pyanodon's mods. I also had a couple others installed (RSO and dark night) but I have disabled them now and the problem is still there.

Researched nodes: automation, optics, turrets, stone walls, military, coal processing 1, storage tanks, steel processing, steel axe. Nothing else.

Am I missing something? For example, "clay" or "iron ore" aren't in the list of recipes either, yet could be obtained.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

snakeru wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:51 am
Hi. I'm trying to set up the "Simple Circuit Board" chain (the one depicted in the very first post of this thread). However over the years the process had changed slightly, the Formica now requires "fiber board" instead of paper. And here hides the problem: fiber board requires sodium hydroxide, which is not yet unlocked at this tier.

List of my mods: "factorio standard library" + Pyanodon's mods. I also had a couple others installed (RSO and dark night) but I have disabled them now and the problem is still there.

Researched nodes: automation, optics, turrets, stone walls, military, coal processing 1, storage tanks, steel processing, steel axe. Nothing else.

Am I missing something? For example, "clay" or "iron ore" aren't in the list of recipes either, yet could be obtained.
need to be slightly more specific with with pyanodons mods your using as itll tweak the answer of what you need. sounds like your just not far enough into the tech tree yet to automate circuits.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

theres no paper in any of my mods.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

yes what paper ??
do you have any BOB angel or omny mods in there?
or doe u have pyVeganism in there?

snakeru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snakeru »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:00 am
Well, I don't know for sure, if paper was ever actually involved. The word "paper" is on the flow chart that starts this thread, that's why I guessed so. May be it was in initial plans, but was never implemented, I don't know.
kingarthur wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am
need to be slightly more specific with with pyanodons mods your using as itll tweak the answer of what you need. sounds like your just not far enough into the tech tree yet to automate circuits.
That's exactly my point! I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to set up this chain once I research more, my problem is that the recipe is already available, but is currently unusable. I expected that the recipes would be only unlocked, once all intermediate products for them become available. Is that a wrong expectation?

About the mods I have installed, here is the full list:
pycoalprocessing_1.8.6.zip
pycoalprocessinggraphics_1.0.8.zip
pyfusionenergy_1.6.5.zip
pyfusionenergygraphics_1.0.6.zip
pyhightech_1.6.9.zip
pyhightechgraphics_1.1.1.zip
pyindustry_1.4.9.zip
pypetroleumhandling_1.9.7.zip
pypetroleumhandlinggraphics_1.0.8.zip
pyrawores_2.1.8.zip
pyraworesgraphics_1.0.5.zip
rso-mod_6.1.2
stdlib_1.4.5.zip

For the reference, here is where the word "paper" came from:
pyanodon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 pm
And of course, we couldn't start without the first chain :D . This chain will be available right off the start to make you all have small nightmares. But dont worry, the other ones wont be bigger than that.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

snakeru wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:19 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:00 am
Well, I don't know for sure, if paper was ever actually involved. The word "paper" is on the flow chart that starts this thread, that's why I guessed so. May be it was in initial plans, but was never implemented, I don't know.
kingarthur wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am
That's exactly my point! I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to set up this chain once I research more, my problem is that the recipe is already available, but is currently unusable. I expected that the recipes would be only unlocked, once all intermediate products for them become available. Is that a wrong expectation?

About the mods I have installed, here is the full list:
pycoalprocessing_1.8.6.zip
pycoalprocessinggraphics_1.0.8.zip
pyfusionenergy_1.6.5.zip
pyfusionenergygraphics_1.0.6.zip
pyhightech_1.6.9.zip
pyhightechgraphics_1.1.1.zip
pyindustry_1.4.9.zip
pypetroleumhandling_1.9.7.zip
pypetroleumhandlinggraphics_1.0.8.zip
pyrawores_2.1.8.zip
pyraworesgraphics_1.0.5.zip
rso-mod_6.1.2
stdlib_1.4.5.zip

For the reference, here is where the word "paper" came from:
pyanodon wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:41 pm
And of course, we couldn't start without the first chain :D . This chain will be available right off the start to make you all have small nightmares. But dont worry, the other ones wont be bigger than that.

paper was replaced by treated wood

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

snakeru wrote:

Is that a wrong expectation?
yup. its unlocked but not everything you need is unlocked at the start.

snakeru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snakeru »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 am
snakeru wrote:

What's the benefit of having it unlocked? Should I try locking it until everything else is available and prepare a patch?

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

snakeru wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:39 am
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 am
snakeru wrote:

What's the benefit of having it unlocked? Should I try locking it until everything else is available and prepare a patch?
there is a post/thread about this kind of issues
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=87222

i think it is best to park it there - the mod did update a lot of dependencies within the tech tree already, but still many topics might be still open
one reason, py suite can be played with different 'level' of difficulties (different combination of py mods) resulting in not every product and tech level is in line in each combination
you may want to accept this as part of the experience to find big production chains just when you did think you are only one or two ingredients away from a finished product ; )

Corvenus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvenus »

So we have a full set of PY mods, we recently have been looking to upgrade our trains to the new high tech ones however the fluid wagons no longer appear to connect to the pumps for the existing stations, do we have to rebuild the station and rework them or is there another fix?
Attachments
mod issue.odt
(3.9 MiB) Downloaded 102 times

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Will you attach the image directly, rather than saving it into an ODT first, please?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Corvenus wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:32 pm
So we have a full set of PY mods, we recently have been looking to upgrade our trains to the new high tech ones however the fluid wagons no longer appear to connect to the pumps for the existing stations, do we have to rebuild the station and rework them or is there another fix?
i dont think so :/
pY Coal processing mod

ecuzzillo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ecuzzillo »

FWIW, I kind of like the fact that a recipe being unlocked doesn't necessarily mean you can actually use it, because you've not unlocked some precursors and/or the buildings for it. It makes it feel less like the game is taking care of you, and more like you have to make discoveries. I do recognize the base game and all other mods don't do that, though.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Is it possible to make formaldehyde from methanol and not only from methane

Just look info about processes in real life and catalysts could be Ag, Or FeO & Mo and/or V - so it could be Ag plates, Nexelit plates, Mo ore or plate, iron oxide and Vanadium

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

thanks
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can agree with her and whant mean "thanks"? U can think about balancing formaldehyde production???
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Who like idea to get urea from ammonia + carbon dioxide?
The industrial method is 2 ammonia + 1 carbon dioxode + high pressure = 1 urea + 10 water - this is an approximate scheme of recipe

Sometimes i hvae tons of ammonia and many carbon dioxide
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Return to “PyMods”