pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Questions
1) Could we have some another ways to use blood meal from Zipirs Blood? Blood meal can be used as feed additive - u'll ask for whom? I think it can be our Knauts
2) Why not to replace with bone meal in recipe for fertiilizer?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:57 pm
Questions
1) Could we have some another ways to use blood meal from Zipirs Blood? Blood meal can be used as feed additive - u'll ask for whom? I think it can be our Knauts
2) Why not to replace with bone meal in recipe for fertiilizer?
English?
2) are you referring to replacing bone with bone-meal in fertilizer recipe?
AND YES ALL FERTILIZER RECIPES REQUIRE ZIPIR I DON'T LIKE IT BUT THIS IS HOW PY WANTS IT

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Hydrochinon wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:39 am
MonsterTalker wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:48 am
So I've been trying to do a pyanodon's mods only 0.17 playthrough, and hit a snag on the t1 circuits...

The circuits definitely require fiberboard, and the only way to get fiberboard is from raw fibers. The only way to get raw fibers is from a kicalk plantation, but for some weird reason kicalk plantations require 5000L tanks? But Kicalk plantations are unlocked from Coal Processing 1, while 5000L tanks require the Storage Tanks tech. Which is a tier 2 tech that takes green science.

So it seems like you have to finish green science before you can automate t1 circuits? This just seems really bizarre, since literally every other building in the t1 circuits chain that I can find can be built with only red science techs. I turned off every mod that's not pyanodon's and it still happens. I also looked through this thread, and it seems like others are seeing different recipes, at least with bobs mods on, and those recipes seem to be all t1 stuff.

Is this a bug? Is the recipe just messed up?
i checked pY-Mods for the first time (pY only, without Bob/Angel), tried to automate t1 circuits, but couldnt figure out how to get fiberboards with red science as well. Every reactant is possible with red science except raw fiber. Kicalk plantation needs 5000l tanks as well as classifier which needs 5x assembly machine 2, both green science buildings (automation 2 for t2 assembly machine/liquid handling & storage tanks for 5000l tank). The flow chart says organic matter + steam -(pulp mill)-> paper but cant find anything related. I found organic matter as a byproduct from sand but can only make CO2 from it? I'm confused how to make fiberboards. i could be blind.

And i can craft Construction Pynobot and Roboport Lvl1 with red science, but there isnt a logistic network chest yet?
Greetings
Storage Tanks and Automation 2 should both definitely be moved to sp1. As it stands you need to make an Automated Factory in order to make treated wood to make your first Ralesia Plantation. Also, having some flavor of storage tank before you've even done some sp1 would be a nice QoL change, because your initial coke production before reaching Coal Processing 1 is very annoying.

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Blokus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 pm
Also, having some flavor of storage tank before you've even done some sp1 would be a nice QoL change, because your initial coke production before reaching Coal Processing 1 is very annoying.
This is what tailings ponds are for actually

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:10 pm
Blokus wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 pm
Also, having some flavor of storage tank before you've even done some sp1 would be a nice QoL change, because your initial coke production before reaching Coal Processing 1 is very annoying.
This is what tailings ponds are for actually
I still don't entirely understand how those work, which I guess is its own problem.

Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bishop89 »

Hi pyanodon,
can I have a small request - can we get red/yellow bot's chests earlier (or meaby internal storage for items in pyroboports)? There is no point at all to unlock bots and placing roboports in your base as soon as you unlock engine technology if the chests itself are much later on.
I was so disappointed with unlocking those bots just to see them hop in roboport and afk... also, please make botanical nursery available from the start - chopping tons of wood, if you are playing with tech costs multiplayer, is boring, takes a ton of time and can be fixed just by unlocking that building instantly.

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Why doesn't quantum computer produce yellow science? It produces red, green, blue, black, production (also green) with 30% probability, and has a separate recipe for space science, but doesn't make yellow science. Why, how come?

Also, there are two almost identical recipes for circuit 3 (processing units), which are unlocked by advanced electronics and advanced electronics 2, which differ only by presence of gold plate and solder, and nothing else. Looks like a bug. I'm playing with PyCoalTBaA though, maybe the problem is there.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

YunoAloe wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:12 pm
Why doesn't quantum computer produce yellow science? It produces red, green, blue, black, production (also green) with 30% probability, and has a separate recipe for space science, but doesn't make yellow science. Why, how come?

Also, there are two almost identical recipes for circuit 3 (processing units), which are unlocked by advanced electronics and advanced electronics 2, which differ only by presence of gold plate and solder, and nothing else. Looks like a bug. I'm playing with PyCoalTBaA though, maybe the problem is there.

1- because i wanted that way.

2- probay pycoaltbaa, but i will check it out anyway, thanks.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

YunoAloe wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 8:12 pm

as py said at 1
its because getting high tech science is hard and it would be a bit to easy to simply upscale a simulation build

lux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lux »

The latest 0.17.35 broke pY HighTech. I am getting a "failed to load mods __pyhightech__/data-update.lua:114: source missing" error. Attached is a save with the mods I have enabled. Using factorio 0.17.35.

Save was too big to attach, but it is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_WPiw ... Evd4ErT7jN
Attachments
20190502165440_1.jpg
20190502165440_1.jpg (122.32 KiB) Viewed 5907 times

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

That's to be expected re: 17.35. Most large mods will break until edited to take the new changes into account.

rocfeather
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rocfeather »

Seems like simple fix, they changed "player" to "character".

So in data-updates.lua replace line

Code: Select all

for _, player in DATA:pairs('player') do
to

for _, player in DATA:pairs('character') do

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

WHY DONT PEOPLE WAIT FOR THE MODS TO BE FIXED AD JUST AFTER THAT UPDATE ?????

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

rocfeather wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:56 am
Seems like simple fix, they changed "player" to "character".

So in data-updates.lua replace line

for _, player in DATA:pairs('player') do
to

for _, player in DATA:pairs('character') do
Did you actually even read that error message or just guess that was the problem. That's just a text string could be any word there. The devs changed the actual api call of player to character. As such stdlib is broke as it's the one with the actual code that needs updated.

Stdlib is nexela mod and as such near pyanodon or I can release an update for something that's not ours

lux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lux »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 am
I can obviously downgrade to 0.17.34 as a workaround, however reporting issues seems helpful and appropriate.

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

lux wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:20 am
I can obviously downgrade to 0.17.34 as a workaround, however reporting issues seems helpful and appropriate.
Reporting the issue is helpful, though this particular one was anticipated before the update even dropped. Suggesting a fix is rude, because it's probably not going to be as simple as suggested above.

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zx64 »

I've locally done the search/replace of player to character on pyRO's and pyHT's data-updates.lua and have been able to run on 0.17.35 just fine, didn't have to touch stdlib.

rocfeather
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rocfeather »

Thanks for the quick turn around in getting the mod updated. Hopefully wasn't too difficult to get it up and running again.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Сan acrolein to be used somewhere else?
Can be getted from propene and from glycerol
Now using only for sub-denier microfiber
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

thomasdh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thomasdh »

Hello, just got into pY after completing most other mode.
So i taught i would do a pure PY mod run.

Now i've hit into this massive wall of making 1st gen PCB. From the (outdated?) info charts on imgur it looks rather simple, but to make the formica, things get abit insane.

So i've postponed this production, as i can handcraft them fast and easy. But you gotta, at some point.
However according to the lib mod, i need about 5-7 stages of industries (as in process line) to make a Formica.

This seems like a rather overkill and a massive wall to the starter PCB.

Return to “PyMods”