Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by nagapito »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:48 pm
Solarwuff wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:30 am
Not sure if i need to report it here or to a other mod owner of the list of mods that might be the giving me this problem
For some reason i don't have a crafting machine option to auto craft Pyanodon's Advanced Electronic unit

https://imgur.com/a/XTYdutC
Well it's not on pyanodon end. Pymods doesnt directly support any mod besides Bob's. As such would need to see what combination of mods is causing it to be uncraftable. At that point either I update pycoaltbaa to patch the issue or the mod that broke it needs to update to fix it if pyht is active.

Just from the pic I would guess it's from Bob's extended adding extra items and it's more than circuit building supports
Adding to this, original Bob's Extended is included inside Momo's since it his from Momo's dev so... not only is it not that required (yes, this version has a couple new stuff but the basics are in Momo's) as it might also be causing conflicts with Momo's mod, since both do similar changes

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw as someone mentioned balancing, maybe this mod can help?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/usage-detector

it looks like it shows how much stuff is being consumed over the course of the game, (start, mid, late game) and could be useful when shown as a percentage)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:44 am
btw as someone mentioned balancing, maybe this mod can help?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/usage-detector

it looks like it shows how much stuff is being consumed over the course of the game, (start, mid, late game) and could be useful when shown as a percentage)
Also something like this:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/crafting-efficiency

Identifying the bottlenecks in the recipes and implementing a similar system to make current recipes more efficient with tech research instead of adding new more efficient recipes that force the user to rebuild their factory for the new production chain seems a nice solution

ShinoHarvest
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShinoHarvest »

is desired or misstake any usine for electronic board or electronic compound can use production module ? with bob board and compound type (resistor, transistor ...) can use it

is possible add mod setting for add this on ship shooter &/or bpc factory &/or electronic factory ?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

ShinoHarvest wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:29 am
is desired or misstake any usine for electronic board or electronic compound can use production module ? with bob board and compound type (resistor, transistor ...) can use it

is possible add mod setting for add this on ship shooter &/or bpc factory &/or electronic factory ?
keep in ming that productivity ones slow down the circuit maker a lot

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

pyHT updated! Go and grab a copy IF YOU DARE!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyhightech

Another great work with the help of my friend Nexela.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

IpsumEstPan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IpsumEstPan »

Once again, there's a bug in hand crafting printed circuit substrate 1. Instead, it produces circuit 1.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

IpsumEstPan wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 am
Once again, there's a bug in hand crafting printed circuit substrate 1. Instead, it produces circuit 1.
Printed circuit boards cant be crafted by hand.
pY Coal processing mod

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 am
pyHT updated! Go and grab a copy IF YOU DARE!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/pyhightech

Another great work with the help of my friend Nexela.
Is there any plans for (in a very near future...) changing HT to also have multiple tiers of machines like Coal and RO has?
Unless something changed in the chains with the add of RO, Py suit mods seem to still suffer from HT recipes for things like Urea, Methane and other HT resources being a pain in the ....
Multiple tiers of machines might help a lot with this issue!

Another suggestion, not that urgent but would be an huge QoL improvement, would be a redesign of the categories and ordering of the recipes in the crafting menu.
They are already a mess, with no proper context to help finding the item we want in the middle of a lot of items. With more tiers we end up with even more items making the category even more cluttered (bonus side, with more tiers they become slightly easier to find since they are in groups of 4...). Coal and HT suffer a lot with this. RO is actually kinda organized.
Maybe creating a couple more categories instead of trying to jam everything in one category per mod would help with the organization!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thank you for the suggestions. MK1-4 versions of pyHT and pyFE are planned (IF i go on in the mods hehehe). Each new mod i glue more and more the suit. pyCP only get that updates because pyRO was choosen. pyHT will have when and if pyAE(alternative energy), pyFE may get in pyOP(Oil processing).

All organic based resources (the ones that come from living things, such urea, ralesia, fawogae, lard etc) will get their tier versions in pyAL(Alien life) if chosen.

The organization of the items in the menu may come, but not our priority since we are focused on pyRO optimization now.
pY Coal processing mod

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 am
Thank you for the suggestions. MK1-4 versions of pyHT and pyFE are planned (IF i go on in the mods hehehe). Each new mod i glue more and more the suit. pyCP only get that updates because pyRO was choosen. pyHT will have when and if pyAE(alternative energy), pyFE may get in pyOP(Oil processing).

All organic based resources (the ones that come from living things, such urea, ralesia, fawogae, lard etc) will get their tier versions in pyAL(Alien life) if chosen.

The organization of the items in the menu may come, but not our priority since we are focused on pyRO optimization now.
I understand your roadmap but I do not totally agree with it...
pyFE is kinda of an "on the side" mod, that is, brings new content but doesnt affect main game progression. (At least that is my impression, wasnt able to progress that far to find out, mainly due to this issue)
Your other existing mods to affect main progression. Once you had HT, every single bit of the game becomes tied to organic based resources. And this is causing an huge issue for all main progression due to some balancing issues. pyAL will solve them but that might take a very long time or might even never happen! We dont know tomorrows day...

My opinion is that you have a very important tackling issue that might actually be quite simple and easy to solve, when compared to releasing a full mod.
So, if it was me, I would do a "quick" pass on HT to solve balance issues so they become more reasonable and then, when AL is developed, do a major balance revision on all organic based resources.
This way you will not have people constantly complaining how awesome your mods and how worthy would it be to play them if it wasnt for these bottlenecks that cause massive grind, frustration, bring UPS to low numbers and make the gameplay less enjoyable!

But this is me :P

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

nagapito wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:13 pm

I understand your roadmap but I do not totally agree with it...
pyFE is kinda of an "on the side" mod, that is, brings new content but doesnt affect main game progression. (At least that is my impression, wasnt able to progress that far to find out, mainly due to this issue)
Not if you ahve pyFE AND pyRO together...so it will use a lot of ptFE machinery.
nagapito wrote:
Your other existing mods to affect main progression. Once you had HT, every single bit of the game becomes tied to organic based resources. And this is causing an huge issue for all main progression due to some balancing issues. pyAL will solve them but that might take a very long time or might even never happen! We dont know tomorrows day...
Yeap..a appreciate your feedback, but i will follow the roadmap. So choose wisely the next mod when the poll opens!
nagapito wrote:
This way you will not have people constantly complaining how awesome your mods and how worthy would it be to play them if it wasnt for these bottlenecks that cause massive grind, frustration, bring UPS to low numbers and make the gameplay less enjoyable!
People will always complain, they will never be happy or satisfied whatever me and nexela do in our mods. That when they dont think we work for them.
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:

py ht buildings of a higher tier wont help as much as the mk4 ones atm

organics are the bottleneck in the case of HT modules can solve many problems but for organics because of the low module count its not that effective unless beacons are used

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:49 pm
pyanodon wrote:

organics are the bottleneck in the case of HT modules can solve many problems but for organics because of the low module count its not that effective unless beacons are used
Low module count is not the issue. If you use modules, you are supposed to use beacons!
But... if you want to use modules effectively, you will need to produce modules at a reasonable pace requiring thousands and thousands of organic resource production factories causing UPS to halt, unless you want to produce 1 module every 10 mins...
As the resources go down the resource tree (from module->circuit 2->circuit 1->organic resources) the cost grows exponentially at each level...

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

nagapito wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:49 pm
pyanodon wrote:

Low module count is not the issue. If you use modules, you are supposed to use beacons!
But... if you want to use modules effectively, you will need to produce modules at a reasonable pace requiring thousands and thousands of organic resource production factories causing UPS to halt, unless you want to produce 1 module every 10 mins...
As the resources go down the resource tree (from module->circuit 2->circuit 1->organic resources) the cost grows exponentially at each level...
black market mod i buy modules and sell wast quantities of power and all other stuff

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

just wanted to let everybody know im working on bobs compatibility for pymods. after speaking with pyanodon ive decided that instead of re-adding bobs compatibility to pymods ill be transferring it to pycoaltbaa. ill get a the first of probably several updates out ether Friday or Saturday.

the first update will be a quick patch mostly reusing the previous work for the full bobs suit. after that im going to rebuild everything to properly allow usage of the different mods from the bobs set without needing the full suit.

i apologize for the delay this will cause in getting py+bobs working again

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated! please update your mods to have access to several fixes.
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

hello find bug!!

yaiom_1.4.2
2019-01-02_8-42-44.jpg
2019-01-02_8-42-44.jpg (25.88 KiB) Viewed 5333 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon why u not decided to add plastis in the some of battery recipes? To keep game balance?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:00 pm
Pyanodon why u not decided to add plastis in the some of battery recipes? To keep game balance?
too much ingredients already. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”