pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Coffee Daemon »

I'm just wondering, as I'm in the early stages of a PY playthough. Is there any benefit in using PY's more complex design to make lvl1 boards over the basic version?

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

Coffee Daemon wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm
I'm just wondering, as I'm in the early stages of a PY playthough. Is there any benefit in using PY's more complex design to make lvl1 boards over the basic version?
You don't have to hand craft the complex boards.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

I'm getting an error when trying to load your mods.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.22.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.22.24 AM.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 5510 times

All mods are up to date and only your and optional/required Bob & Bio Industries mods are being loaded.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Pyscience arent my mods.

Its a conflict between other mods, not my fault.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bishop89 »

Can something be made about the early game? This is legit confusing what I should do at the start. Could some buildings like: washer, tar processing unit (that thing needs steel - cant make it instantly in early game), reactors, moondrop generators, pulp mills and many more be locked behind research? As I slowly made every single building to see what they do and why they are unlocked instantly (have to be essential duh!), I noticed for science pack 1 I simply need some coal+iron production with literally 2 production buildings (+ things like gas vents/pond). Also, if this mod relies heavily on wood, why I need to research steel processing + coal processing for the botanical nursery (that building should be unlocked since start imo, with logs -> raw processing in Wood Processing Unit). Love the mod tho, but playing at x13 research costs made me just chop 5200 logs by hand. Cheers and keep a good work.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Bishop89 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:38 pm
Can something be made about the early game? This is legit confusing what I should do at the start. Could some buildings like: washer, tar processing unit (that thing needs steel - cant make it instantly in early game), reactors, moondrop generators, pulp mills and many more be locked behind research? As I slowly made every single building to see what they do and why they are unlocked instantly (have to be essential duh!), I noticed for science pack 1 I simply need some coal+iron production with literally 2 production buildings (+ things like gas vents/pond). Also, if this mod relies heavily on wood, why I need to research steel processing + coal processing for the botanical nursery (that building should be unlocked since start imo, with logs -> raw processing in Wood Processing Unit). Love the mod tho, but playing at x13 research costs made me just chop 5200 logs by hand. Cheers and keep a good work.
many building are research locket since u dont need then early on and to reduce confusion
moondrop is used for CH4 u need that for circuit1 automation
regarding wood it is heavy on wood just early on
and be carefull of wasting resources

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

I have a question. Don't know if it is intentional but it doesn't make to much sense.

The need of the "Treated Wood" in the "Fiberboard" recipe make it impossible to get before "Circuit Board 1", which you need to make the assembly machine 2 that make the "Treated Wood".

So you need to handcraft the "Printed circuit substrate", which come to the question.

You can build the entire "tier 1" line for components to build "Circuit Board 1", but you can't automate the the "circuit substrate 1" only because that treated wood in the recipe. So you need to handcraft until you get the first "Circuit Board 1" to kick it on.

You have 2 options, one easy and hand craft only, so can't automate, that allow you to make the initial stuff, so far so good.
The second one, more complex require Fiberboard, which you need to automate a chain.
- Fiberboard
- Steam
- Raw Fiber
- - Raw fiber
- - - Soil + clay + water
- - - or Lamp + clay + water

which all can't be hand crafted.
So why making impossible to make the "tier 1" chain automated?

The point before, if I remember correctly, you didn't know about the hand-craft category, so the "circuit substrate 1" toke ages to build to encourage the automation, which was very boring at the start. But needed to make automation better than "hand-craft" which I agree.

Now you have the "hand-craft" that is OK for the start, and the automation one that require more stuff, more complex and it's OK too.

So my question is, why add the "Treated Wood" to the recipe in the "High Tech" addon? That only break the chain so you have to build 1 "assembly 2" and hook up to the treat wood. That is it, it doesn't add anything else. Only break the chain and make a "tier 1" chain require an item for a "tier 2" chain.

I totally agree when the ingredients on the "Tier N" get a boost if made in the "Tier N+1" or +whatever. But make a "Tier N" a requirement for the "Tier N - 1" is strange by itself.

It doesn't get to a deadlock because of the "hand-craft route", but it totally go away from the main idea, at least for me. Force to stick to hand-craft isn't encourage to automate it.

So you could remove it from the requirement, or add it to another machine that you have already in the tier one, so the "Tread Wood" can be made, even if with high loss on material like Creosote for example, that would be reduced in a "assembly machine 2" or whatever upgrade researched, like everything else.

Gladmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gladmer »

Hi. Pynodon. Can u help me with my little problem? In my assembly there is a recipe for the "basic electronic component" It is made from "carbon" and "tinned copper wire" But I can not make the carbon that is needed for crafting. All options in FNEY is on, but im cant click and check recipe for it. angels+bobs+py. If more information needed than im ready to give it.
Attachments
20181015131213_1.jpg
20181015131213_1.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5166 times
20181015123841_1.jpg
20181015123841_1.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 5166 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am
Hi. Pynodon. Can u help me with my little problem? In my assembly there is a recipe for the "basic electronic component" It is made from "carbon" and "tinned copper wire" But I can not make the carbon that is needed for crafting. All options in FNEY is on, but im cant click and check recipe for it. angels+bobs+py. If more information needed than im ready to give it.
It's an issue with compatibility between py and Angel's. Do u have the compatibility mod? It should fix that issue

Gladmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gladmer »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 am
Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 am
It's an issue with compatibility between py and Angel's. Do u have the compatibility mod? It should fix that issue
nope. dont have it. its somewhere in this post? Can u give me a link pls?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am

Link for the mod
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA

Links to compatibility mod pages for bugs and things
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=59268
Or
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967

Gladmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gladmer »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:28 am
Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am

Link for the mod
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PyCoalTBaA

Links to compatibility mod pages for bugs and things
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=59268
Or
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=51967
Im having this mod already. Just dont know name when u asked. Now im download it and replace old version PyCoalTBaA_0.0.23 with new PyCoalTBaA_0.0.26 and this is dont help. Steel have same problem.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am

Im having this mod already. Just dont know name when u asked. Now im download it and replace old version PyCoalTBaA_0.0.23 with new PyCoalTBaA_0.0.26 and this is dont help. Steel have same problem.
Well that's not good. If u can upload a copy of a save with the carbon issue. A save file is the easiest way for me to check for any mod conflicts, migration issue or other problems and test any changes to make sure the problem gets fixed. I can look into why it's not merged right and get it fixed later today

Gladmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Gladmer »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 am
Gladmer wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am

Well that's not good. If u can upload a copy of a save with the carbon issue. A save file is the easiest way for me to check for any mod conflicts, migration issue or other problems and test any changes to make sure the problem gets fixed. I can look into why it's not merged right and get it fixed later today
Here is save. Hope im doing all right. If u help than im be werry grateful to u. but I warn you, I have a lot of mods :D So if u look for my problem tommorow or in the other day. its be ok too.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(14.66 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

So, here I was planning my fertilizer factory on Helmod...
Just a shy 24.7 per second factory required for another shy 10 circuit 2 per second plus extra components for bots...
Just a red belt. Not much...
and then...

I need 178 Zipir Artificial Reef!!!!
For a couple fertilizer.... And it takes 106 MW to power them!!!

Pyanodon... you really know how to make someone close the game and go to bed!!!!

Really?!
And, if I avoid the fertilizer, I am forced to build hundreds of other buildings instead of dozens...
166 vs 40 fawogae plantations
177 vs 48 Kicalk plantations (and these are so awesome and cheap to build...)
137 vs 46 Moondrop Greenhouse

I am loving your mods and the complexity/realism they bring but, you really need to balance some of the recipes. Specially farming ones!!! The buildings take a lot of space for recipes that take too much time and return too few items forcing us to having to place hundreds of same building.
If to produce a yellow/red belt of an item you require more then dozens of the same building, you should re-think the recipe requirements or at least, provide a better/more efficient (and I mean really more efficient, not going down from 500 to 200 buildings but to 10-20) alternative later after some research...

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

nagapito wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:29 am
Just a shy 24.7 per second factory required for another shy 10 circuit 2 per second plus extra components for bots...
and then...

Pyanodon... you really know how to make someone close the game and go to bed!!!!

Really?!
And, if I avoid the fertilizer, I am forced to build hundreds of other buildings instead of dozens...

I am loving your mods and the complexity/realism they bring but, you really need to balance some of the recipes. Specially farming ones!!! The buildings take a lot of space for recipes that take too much time and return too few items forcing us to having to place hundreds of same building.
If to produce a yellow/red belt of an item you require more then dozens of the same building, you should re-think the recipe requirements or at least, provide a better/more efficient (and I mean really more efficient, not going down from 500 to 200 buildings but to 10-20) alternative later after some research...
use beacons and speed modules
organic changes will come in pyalien life mod
and i know zipir is slow as fuck
and zipir free fertilizer is needed to a fast zipir recipe (or greater yeals like 3-4 cycle)

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 am
nagapito wrote:
and then...

Really?!

and zipir free fertilizer is needed to a fast zipir recipe (or greater yeals like 3-4 cycle)
Speed modules is supposed to be a solution when you want to push your couple dozens per second factory to produce couple thousands per second and not have to build hundreds of buildings. Not when you just want to produce reasonable quantities...

Having to deploy hundreds of buildings to produce reasonable quantities of one resource, specially in early/mid-game when there is no access to beacons/speed modules... its a sign of a balance issue!

Worst part is, if even we go with the "realism thing"... we are farming this from huge structures with huge animals... Why the produce resources quantity looks like it was produced by a small rabbit then a huge fish?

I dont mind 60 second type of recipes but then, they should produce 6-10x more resources!
It doesnt feel like you are teching for better/more efficient/powerful technics of producing resources. Its more like teching to obtain slight sub-par normal recipes while using pre-historic technics to tech up!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

nagapito wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 am
nagapito wrote:
and then...

Really?!

Speed modules is supposed to be a solution when you want to push your couple dozens per second factory to produce couple thousands per second and not have to build hundreds of buildings. Not when you just want to produce reasonable quantities...

Having to deploy hundreds of buildings to produce reasonable quantities of one resource, specially in early/mid-game when there is no access to beacons/speed modules... its a sign of a balance issue!

Worst part is, if even we go with the "realism thing"... we are farming this from huge structures with huge animals... Why the produce resources quantity looks like it was produced by a small rabbit then a huge fish?

I dont mind 60 second type of recipes but then, they should produce 6-10x more resources!
It doesnt feel like you are teching for better/more efficient/powerful technics of producing resources. Its more like teching to obtain slight sub-par normal recipes while using pre-historic technics to tech up!

I dont disagree. Its slow. Like immortal said, organic updates will come in pyAL. But i will take a look in the fertilizer thing for the next release.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Is there anything I can do to help, besides going the drastic way and making a separate mod to tweak your recipes?

Return to “PyMods”