pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Zoetropes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Zoetropes »

Like some others - i am stuck at Molybdebite ore or whatever. I need it in order to make science pack 3 - but also need to research with science pack 3 to access the ore. I think. I have the most up to date versions and i'm playing with Bobs. Anyone care to help me out or clarify?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Zoetropes wrote:Like some others - i am stuck at Molybdebite ore or whatever. I need it in order to make science pack 3 - but also need to research with science pack 3 to access the ore. I think. I have the most up to date versions and i'm playing with Bobs. Anyone care to help me out or clarify?
U need this ore to make cermet? U need molydenum mine which requires common drill heads and molydenum deposite
May be u can show here screenshot with recipe where stucked?
Cermet is required for diodes, resistors and microchips in circuit 3, and that's all for science pack 3
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

live22morrow
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by live22morrow »

Zoetropes wrote:Like some others - i am stuck at Molybdebite ore or whatever. I need it in order to make science pack 3 - but also need to research with science pack 3 to access the ore. I think. I have the most up to date versions and i'm playing with Bobs. Anyone care to help me out or clarify?
You're thinking of the ground borer recipe from Excavation 2. The other way is to use a molybdenum mine to extract it from a molybdenum patch (using drill head as fuel). The tech is Rare Earth Technology, a green tech. The patch itself is somewhat rare so you might need to search a bit.
molybdenum.jpg
molybdenum.jpg (366.04 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

Zoetropes
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zoetropes »

live22morrow wrote:
You're thinking of the ground borer recipe from Excavation 2. The other way is to use a molybdenum mine to extract it from a molybdenum patch (using drill head as fuel). The tech is Rare Earth Technology, a green tech. The patch itself is somewhat rare so you might need to search a bit.
molybdenum.jpg
Got it thanks!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

i find power not to be a problem (besides when i acidentaly disconnect something ) so the 107MW of the fe to chrome isnt a problem

also i just realised how much uranium u generate thru the rare earth oxides process
any ideea of what to use it for besides nuclear sample?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:i find power not to be a problem (besides when i acidentaly disconnect something ) so the 107MW of the fe to chrome isnt a problem

also i just realised how much uranium u generate thru the rare earth oxides process
any ideea of what to use it for besides nuclear sample?

Heavy fermion material. Also... burn it xD
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

arik123max
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arik123max »

Is this how the texture should be placed ?
I think that the texture should be 2 blocks up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

arik123max wrote:Is this how the texture should be placed ?
I think that the texture should be 2 blocks up.

Use high res graphics
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

https://imgur.com/a/3NMErsa only direct insertion component build (for the other the numbers are so off i cant make one)

also why now eneble production modules for electronic componett factories since they produce intermediaries for circuit boards that are also and intermediary
same aplies to battery u need it for pcb mk3 and laserboureths that are used for molibium mines they should also have productivity modules enabled

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

initial
RECIPE {
type = "recipe",
name = "nas-battery",
category = "advanced-crafting",
enabled = false,
energy_required = 5,
ingredients = {
{type = "item", name = "sulfur", amount = 20},
{type = "item", name = "copper-ore", amount = 60}, --bobs sodium-hydroxide
{type = "item", name = "steel-plate", amount = 1},
{type = "item", name = "chromium", amount = 1}
},
results = {
{type = "item", name = "battery", amount = 6}
},
main_product = "battery",
icon = "__pycoalprocessing__/graphics/icons/nas-battery.png",
icon_size = 32,
subgroup = "py-items",
order = "y"
}:add_unlock("fine-electronics")

lines 400

i propose :
RECIPE {
type = "recipe",
name = "nas-battery",
category = "advanced-crafting",
enabled = false,
energy_required = 5,
ingredients = {
{type = "item", name = "sulfur", amount = 19},
{type = "item", name = "copper-ore", amount = 56}, --bobs sodium-hydroxide
{type = "item", name = "steel-plate", amount = 1},
{type = "item", name = "chromium", amount = 1}
},
results = {
{type = "item", name = "battery", amount = 6}
},
main_product = "battery",
icon = "__pycoalprocessing__/graphics/icons/nas-battery.png",
icon_size = 32,
subgroup = "py-items",
order = "y"
}:add_unlock("fine-electronics")

this makes the cu ore usage 1,5 red belts and the S usage 1 yellow belt per automated factory

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Hi, i added pyHighTech to my existing PyMods and didnt realise that it also changed the Red Circuits recipe. (i thought it added extra things but should have read the info first) :)

however, ive been building some of the new processes chains, and its fun, but am wondering if there is any way for me to (cough cough) cheat in a couple of logistics chests (provider/requester?

my existing game is fairly old, and some of the oldstyle mining machines stopped working, so just wanted to try out new things from the mod before starting a fresh game, but dont have any red circuits to make logistic chests lol, and have some pyNo cargo bots not able to go and move things around lol :)

i tried converting the save using Map Editor, but it failed to load the game again.

edit: i found this mod, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BasicBotCheats but dont really want to cheat too much, just to be able to use the bots i have)
+ thanks i saw the logistic warehouses sheds but the main ones i can build with the right ingredients.
Last edited by foodfactorio on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:Hi, i added pyHighTech to my existing PyMods and didnt realise that it also changed the Red Circuits recipe. (i thought it added extra things but should have read the info first) :)

however, ive been building some of the new processes chains, and its fun, but am wondering if there is any way for me to (cough cough) cheat in a couple of logistics chests (provider/requester?

my existing game is fairly old, and some of the oldstyle mining machines stopped working, so just wanted to try out new things from the mod before starting a fresh game, but dont have any red circuits to make logistic chests lol, and have some pyNo cargo bots not able to go and move things around lol :)

i tried converting the save using Map Editor, but it failed to load the game again.

edit: i found this mod, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BasicBotCheats but dont really want to cheat too much, just to be able to use the bots i have)
The logistic system is available with only science 1 and 2. Good you solved it
pY Coal processing mod

mill_yama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mill_yama »

bug?
Automatic assembly machine can not make some God module.
mod:bob+angel+py
ImageImage
I using Google translation. my english is bad

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

mill_yama wrote:bug?
ImageImage

Not my fault ehehe. using too many mods will make some incompatibilities sooner or later.
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mill_yama wrote:bug?
ImageImage
Its possibly related to py+angel compatibility should post a save / mod list to the pymods compatibility page and I'll look into it.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

This looks to me like it's Py+Bob-related, not Py+Angel. I'm pretty sure the "problem" (such as it is) is that god modules 4 and 5 require twelve ingredients each, but Py's Automated Factory is limited to ten ingredients.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

can that module be made in any other assembler? if so, maybe you can use that type of assembler in the meantime.
but if another assember also has a problem, then maybe its due to the recipe compatibility or like you said dale for too many requirements?
(edit: all this talk of 12 ingredients is making me hungry lol :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

DaleStan wrote:This looks to me like it's Py+Bob-related, not Py+Angel. I'm pretty sure the "problem" (such as it is) is that god modules 4 and 5 require twelve ingredients each, but Py's Automated Factory is limited to ten ingredients.

Nailed it
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

Very big wish for next PYHT update, i sure it will be - pls add recipe to getting methanol from methane ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Very big wish for next PYHT update, i sure it will be - pls add recipe to getting methanol from methane ;)

Dont it have already? O.o if not, it will happens only in pyPH since it will deal with fuels and derivates.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”