pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Mella »

Have you any plans for using benzene? When i'm separating tall oil sometimes i have tons of benzene - most often I have to separate tall oil to get fiberboards
I'm using benzene to get cumene but for cumene i need many propene
I can say that the cumene is good source of acetone which can be used for organic solvent
Cumene also producing phenol but I have a clogged phenol in my crates for sometimes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:Have you any plans for using benzene? When i'm separating tall oil sometimes i have tons of benzene - most often I have to separate tall oil to get fiberboards
I'm using benzene to get cumene but for cumene i need many propene
I can say that the cumene is good source of acetone which can be used for organic solvent
Cumene also producing phenol but I have a clogged phenol in my crates for sometimes
Benzene will get more uses as well as phenol. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

And phenol more needed for nylon :)
Its so sad to watch how slowly blood meal is producing for nylon :(
Yeah for most part i agree with her
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

When we'll be able to upgrade pynobots MK01 to HighTech pynobots??? I'm asking bcuz we can upgrade to HighTech pynobots only from drones mk4 and simple pynodots from early game can't be upgraded

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:When we'll be able to upgrade pynobots MK01 to HighTech pynobots??? I'm asking bcuz we can upgrade to HighTech pynobots only from drones mk4 and simple pynodots from early game can't be upgraded
if you are playing with bobs, no.
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

I suggest making cermet and etching acid cheaper, and adding a recipe for converting benzene into aromatics.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kinnom wrote:I suggest making cermet and etching acid cheaper, and adding a recipe for converting benzene into aromatics.

Several balances will come in the next update in that mod. :)
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

pyanodon wrote:
kinnom wrote:I suggest making cermet and etching acid cheaper, and adding a recipe for converting benzene into aromatics.

ETA?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kinnom wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

ETA?

Soon.
pY Coal processing mod

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

pyanodon wrote:
kinnom wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

ETA?

Soon.
Before the weekend soon :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I don't see serious problems with getting etching solution, and its okey to me with getting cermet
Describe in detail what u don't like :?:
I think if we'll be able to convert benzene to aromatics there're will method with nexelit using like vice versa now - we can convert aromatics to benzene with nexelit using
Nexela wrote: Before the weekend soon :)
Thanks guys i'm waiting for neylon getting improvements... ;) and yeah may be converting benzene to aromatics can be good addition, bcuz sometimes i have really many tall oil :mrgreen:

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

nice i cant wait fir nylon changes as i remember py said something about ammonia too
i think ceramics are way to slow 10 clay per ceramic is a bit much but it works for now
maybe introduce a rich clay to ceramics recipe that is lets say 1:2 or 1:3 with fast craft

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
kinnom wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

ETA?

Soon.
great
a small ideea its halt highrech halt raw ores
at the end of cu production when its 99% pure the
rest is gold i know u eont be doing a gold mine
but maybe make a electrolisis process that intakes 100 cu and outputs 99 cu and one gold
it would be energy expensive with avg speed
u can ise this gold for your initial plans ( when u planed to do gold)
or maybe use gold for some high end alternative recipe
only if u want to i gust gave an ideea

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

I did nothing with gold until now. I dont know what youre talking about.
pY Coal processing mod

Haxxibal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Haxxibal »

Raphaello wrote: - use pynobots instead of lvl1 bobs bots - they are available earlier and almost exactly the same
- meat is not that bad - I've got 6 warehouses full of skin by now and I almost got through all my backlog of meat
- invest in modules!!! level 5 modules are relatively easy to get and they help tremendously
I didn't realize cargo pynobots existed until I wrote my message. Compared to regular logistic bots they are dirt cheap, but still not too cheap. I really like their design.
With almost 800 blood per logistic bot it's fair to assume anyone attempting to build a relevant number of those will stockpile over a million blood instead.
I've played with bob's modules before and it always felt like cheating. Once you got to level 5 modules the pace of the game quickened too much. I assume having raw productivity modules in a world where beacons are locked behind yellow science would be even worse, so vanilla it is.
Raphaello wrote: I still recognize a lot of good ideas in HT - I fear however that very few people will actually play it.
Just what I thought. And judging from what I've read in this thread so far most people are interested in how this mod is supposed to work, not how it actually plays out.
pyanodon wrote: I think your some of your points are valid. I disagree with arbitrary ingredients...all recipes are based on real stuff in SOME level to not destroy the game.
It's not about what is used in those recipes, it's about the quantity of the materials and being forced to use them as they are the only option. Very often you added catalysts and that's fine as long as they won't make up over 80% of the cost of said process.
Take the cumene process for example. You opted for using propene, benzene and phosphoric acid. That alone would be fine. But it's also the only recipe and it requires FIFTY phosphoric acid, which is rather hard to acquire and demands a decent amount wood and pure sand. It completely dwarfes the actual hydrocarbon part of cumene. Benzene is a waste product, you get it from two different coal processing recipes and end up dumping it most of the time. Propene is also weird because you only got the syngas/lead and nucleosynthesis routes. The first needs eight lead plates per 100 cumene and the other one 0.5 proton donors. In the end it seemed to me it all depended on my ability to ramp up my lead, sand and wood production. When I look back and try to figure out how much of that ended up in the final product I feel like I've done something very wrong here, but in reality I'm just following the intended path. Also, the propene needed for 100 cumene is made from 333 steam and 100 syngas. Of course that is easy to come by, but at the same time you also need 240 steam and 156 syngas to get the phosphoric acid portion of your cumene process. For all its emulated realism it feels like I'm playing the MacGyver of chemical engineering, mass producing an important base chemical out of everything but what you would expect to be involved. Luckily cumene is only used for phenol and that you can also gain from coal and renewable materials(unlike phosphate) later on.

It's a problem with a few production chains:
- Blood meal needs (too much) fiber board to make any sense gamplay-wise.
- Tall oil can only be used in fluid separators and the recipe is hilariously slow. Ten seconds of 300kW to get ten light oil and aromatics. You can achieve so much more by just dumping it and create the products from other materials. The base line of this recipe should be compared to a fictional 7x7 300kW pumpjack with 1/s output of aromatics/light oil that can't be improved by any means. It's a trap.
- Plastic from nylon is expensive as hell, especially when you consider there are at least two more efficient ways to generate plastic out of what's needed for the refsyngas and nylon.
pyanodon wrote: Lots of materials, like you mentioned "meat" and "cyanic acid" have planned other recipes, but for pyAL for example or even pyAE. The idea is with each mod of this suite, we can get more ways to get materials important in other mod. For example, we are currently working on pyRO which will bring a lot of other ways to get the basic metals and mineral resources.
Since it's going to be a part of the upcoming rebalancing anyways, I'd like to suggest making a few of the existing pyHT recipes viable on their own as well. Right now it's so baffling how certain important parts of the mod's balancing feel so unpolished compared to the rest of it and the other py-mods. After calculating several pyHT production chains I came to the conclusion this mod is heavily UPS-capped for the wrong reasons. And it's brought up so rarely here I can only assume very few people played it as it is supposed to be played. Because right now you'll face a few problems that have no reasonable solutions outside of cheating. It really says something about the player base, not just the mod itself.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

thanks for your feedback.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated! Please update your mod by mod portal or in the game.
pY Coal processing mod

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Did Pyanodon actually played PURE Pyanodon modpack? Last time I tried with only pymods and no bob it felt like complete insanity when it came to circuit production, even with bob mods you get easy pass. But with puritan approach of pyonly it felt like it wasn't done or something. It may have changed since then but damn farming wheat for circuits 2 was madness.

It was few months ago so correct me if something changed. Because production line of py+bob is like 2-5x shorter than pure pyanodon.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

how people expect me to make a mod without playing it? Sorry if my mods arent for you. I cant please everyone. Im perfectly fine playing with only py suite and dont have rush to finish the game.
pY Coal processing mod

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So what kind of biter settings you use? Because it takes lot of time to get anything done. Peaceful?

Return to “PyMods”