pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Raphaello »

cpy wrote:Is it better to play pymods with bob mods or just play stand alone?

I tried pymods only with zombie mod, and making circuits is really pain after one update. They used to be craftable in assemblers but not anymore.
Define 'better' :)

py+bob is much more complex than AB. much much more. My last AB run took around 100h to rocket launch but with PyBobs I got to red circuits in a similar time (I had earlier experience with AB while I'm playing with py for the first time). This can give you some indication of the PyB complexity.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

AB what? Is it pure pyanodon and no bobs? Or angel bob? Angel bob seems way easier than pure Py mods. Py+bob is the question.

I played vanilla, bob, angelbob, pyanodon.
Complexity of vanilla : 100%, bob 250%, angelbob 500%, pyanodon without bob 1000-5000% , py-bob? Never played.
Bob mod makes things easier in some cases, i feel that it might make circuit fabrication way way easier than just pure PY high tech.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Raphaello wrote:I've finally reached a milestone - automation of blue science in py&bobs setup after 110 hours of play on this map!!!
The base is a mess, even though I am constantly optimizing the layout to avoid long transportation routes. The main bus is the vertical on - I'm trying to avoid having a very long factory therefore I've added the horizontal one which serves the subfactory producing level 1 and 2 electronics, chromium (this one takes a lot of space and energy and I've finally build an extendable setup), coke, glass and some other materials

I can add more screenshots if someone is interested in a specific production chain.

Some suggestions:
- simple and limited teleportation and walking speed buffs are necessity due to size of the base. I'm using console to speed up moving around the base now.
- fiber production is difficult - kicalk plantation is very expensive so making it by hand takes significant amount of preparation. More efficient recipes are somewhat pointless as they use lamps (which in turn fiber) - I have not calculated if they are worth but strongly suspect it makes much more sense to increase size than to use fiber to produce fiber faster
- pybots are usless to me. Bots and roboports are available early but chests require red circuits which are very difficult to make. I have the circuits now but at this stage normal bots are available and they are superior to pybots. Development suggestion - make logistic pybots and storage chest require circuit boards 1 instead of CB2. Additionally make self-powered pybot-only personal roboport so that they are useful but not overpowered.

EDIT: forgot to add that I enjoy the mods a lot. Great work pyanodon!

Great base you have here. Loved it. Also, thanks for the feedback, i will consider that. :) feel free to post screenshots of your base on the show off thread :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

So bob+pyanodon is less or more complex than just pure pyanodon mods?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

cpy wrote:So bob+pyanodon is less or more complex than just pure pyanodon mods?
defiantly more complex as it adds all of bobs ores and other things. while i dont have an exact break down on what changes with adding bobs to pymods i can say with a bit of certainty a py+bob game is like and angel+bob game. each one is got challenges and they build one each other to make it that much more difficult. now im not say it isn't "fun" but im also leading the crazy train that likes py+angels+bobs.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated! please grab your updated version by the game or mod portal. Info on the first page.
pY Coal processing mod

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

pyanodon wrote:Mod updated! please grab your updated version by the game or mod portal. Info on the first page.
Thanks a lot! I've just had a quick glance at the changes and they look great!
I'm redesigning my rare earth processing now but I will definitely take advantage of the changed lamp recipe for kicalk plantation. Oh, sweet fiber!!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Raphaello wrote:
pyanodon wrote:Mod updated! please grab your updated version by the game or mod portal. Info on the first page.
I'm redesigning my rare earth processing now but I will definitely take advantage of the changed lamp recipe for kicalk plantation. Oh, sweet fiber!!

Thanks...it was a request people are waiting :D
pY Coal processing mod

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

kingarthur wrote:
defiantly more complex as it adds all of bobs ores and other things. while i dont have an exact break down on what changes with adding bobs to pymods i can say with a bit of certainty a py+bob game is like and angel+bob game. each one is got challenges and they build one each other to make it that much more difficult. now im not say it isn't "fun" but im also leading the crazy train that likes py+angels+bobs.
I fear circuit making will be much easier with bob than just pure pyanodon. Since basic pyanodon high tech have such insane circuit production that i doubt it can be made even harder.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

cpy wrote:
kingarthur wrote:
I fear circuit making will be much easier with bob than just pure pyanodon. Since basic pyanodon high tech have such insane circuit production that i doubt it can be made even harder.
im not sure what you consider harder but for just circuit board 1 adding bobs mods adds in resin, glass, tin, solder(lead or silver depending on choice).

no bobs
no bobs
no bobs
20180604051335_1.jpg (391.67 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
with bobs
with bobs part 1
with bobs part 1
20180604053140_1.jpg (397.6 KiB) Viewed 5365 times
with bobs part 2
with bobs part 2
20180604053144_1.jpg (397.25 KiB) Viewed 5365 times

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Circuits on Pyanodon if you want to automate require like 16 different materials so, yeah bob makes it easier. I'll post planner screenshot, but I forgot what that mod was called. I`ll post it later today.

Here it is, so yeah about 2-3x more complex than pybobs:
circuit 1.jpg
circuit 1.jpg (364.04 KiB) Viewed 5347 times
Not to mention you actually have to produce extra steam, farm wheat, farm wood (more complex than bob), make coke and you have to create creosote from that process. Also too much creosote clogs system, syngas power juggling and many many more fun stuff.
In bob you shove copper and iron and be happy. In pure Pymadness copper plates are used in components. Basically circuit 1 is more complex than whole vanilla rocket launch. Bonus points: almost every process have its own building type.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Raphaello wrote:
Sorry where u found any changes with rare earth resources processing? :?:
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

aklesey1 wrote:
Raphaello wrote:
Sorry where u found any changes with rare earth resources processing? :?:
I have not. My base simply starves for RE oxide (I'm writing from memory so it might have a slightly different name - I mean white RE stuff that's necessary to make diodes and one of the types of doped silicon) and I want to use recipe that I've just unlocked - the one that requires cyanid acid and gives 2x yield.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

cpy wrote: Not to mention you actually have to produce extra steam, farm wheat, farm wood (more complex than bob), make coke and you have to create creosote from that process. Also too much creosote clogs system, syngas power juggling and many many more fun stuff.
In bob you shove copper and iron and be happy. In pure Pymadness copper plates are used in components. Basically circuit 1 is more complex than whole vanilla rocket launch. Bonus points: almost every process have its own building type.
Ya other than Bob's somewhat cheat greenhouses. Non of that is made easier. On top of all that in normal py. It requires more items to be made. Going from 16 to like 21

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

kingarthur wrote:
cpy wrote: Not to mention you actually have to produce extra steam, farm wheat, farm wood (more complex than bob), make coke and you have to create creosote from that process. Also too much creosote clogs system, syngas power juggling and many many more fun stuff.
Ya other than Bob's somewhat cheat greenhouses. Non of that is made easier. On top of all that in normal py. It requires more items to be made. Going from 16 to like 21
What? You shove 2 iron plates and 1 copper and you are 50% done! High tech pure py required so many different inputs, just look at the damn screenshot and try to build it! Production line for automated circuits is insane compared to pybob. You linked easy circuit that can be only crafted in hand! That one is easy, try harder next time. One that is autocrafted have way way more components than bob.

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

Raphaello wrote:I'm redesigning my rare earth processing now ..
Transistors use a lot of RE oxide (>7 per one heavy p-doped silicon, isnt it too much?) so I am currently trying to ramp up production of this material.

I want to use the recipe for getting RE concentrate from RE solution which uses cyanic acid as it is twice as efficient as the two others. For some reason though centrifugal pan does not have this recipe available.
The recipe is visible in handcraft menu and 'made in' is empty now. Based on FNEI and my limited understanding of lua definitions it should work there.

What am I missing?

peaSea
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by peaSea »

I'm having the same problem as Raphaello. I can't seem to make this recipe to make rare earth concentrate, guessing it is a bug.
Attachments
bug
bug
bug.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 5167 times

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

Raphaello wrote:For some reason though centrifugal pan does not have this recipe available.
I have looked into the files more carefully and the issue is clear - recipe has 3 fluid inputs but centrifugal pan has only 2 input fluid boxes. After removing water from the recipe, it becomes visible in the machine and works as it should.
2018-05-31_104645_cr.png
2018-05-31_104645_cr.png (197.21 KiB) Viewed 5150 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

True! it was a bug...will be fixed in the next release.

:)
pY Coal processing mod

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

pyanodon wrote:True! it was a bug...will be fixed in the next release.

:)
Would you mind posting a simple explanation on how you plan to fix it?
I don't know how long it will take to release the next version so I would be glad to patch it myself (depending on complexity of the patch, obviously).

Thanks for the fix!!!!!

Return to “PyMods”