pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Shorkan »

I think that the Kicalk Plantation is overpriced. Its needs too much Circuit Board 1 without bob, and with bob a mix from circuit board 1 and pcb1.

Kicalk Plantaion - 5 Circuit Board 1

1x Classifier - 10 Circuit Board 1
5x Assembling Machine 2 - 15 Circuit Board 1
5x Assembling Machine 1 - 15 Circuit Board 1

2x Botanical Nursey - 10 Circuit Board 1
2x Electric Mining Drill - 6 Circuit Board 1
2x Soil Extractor - 20 Circuit Board 1

1x Ralesia Plantation - 25 Circuit Board 1
20x Lamp - 20 Circuit Board 1

Without bob its 126 Circuit Board 1 and that is i think too much. With bob it is 20 Circuit Board 1 and 106 pcb1

For the Raw Fiber the new recipe without lamp is nice, but this makes the later recipes with lamps usless. The first recipe without lamp is too bad for the better urea recipe.

Without Raw Fiber:
100 Fawogae Plantation - 40 Auog paddock
With Raw Fiber you need:
84 Fawogae Plantation - 27 Auog paddock
29 buildings less.
But Raw Fiber with the recipe without lamp too boost this:
61 Kicalk Plantation
So you need more space when you boost the recipes, so i don't know why you should ever use the better Urea recipe.
But so we look at the best Raw Fiber recipe with lamp:
5,5 Kicalk Plantation
But this need 0,55 Circuit Board 1 per second and for this 0,55 Circuit Board 1 per second we need to run 1,65 Chipshooter. So it needs again too much space. For me the better Urea recipe benefit is, that you need less buildings and space, but as its worked out, its false. The better Urea recipe is because of this usless and the better Bone Meal and Lard recipes will have the same drawback, maybe not so bad because they give more out with the Raw Fiber. But i don't checked them so they could be ok.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Drithius wrote:Has anyone experienced issues alongside Bio Industries? Are Pymods compatible?
Always forget to ask to override fertilzer from Bio Industries to ur version of fertilizer pyanodon
Of course it can be tooooooooo cheaper to make it, but we can ask for TheSAguy author of Bio Industries to help us with balancing
Bcuz PYCP already had some support for Bio Industries when PYCP was released ;)

About balance - I propose to reduce the number of products in two for fertilizer to make it no so cheaper when Bio Industries meet PYHT
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Migodus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Migodus »

I just want to say, thank you for this awesome mod pack. You managed to make a great game even better. :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Migodus wrote:I just want to say, thank you for this awesome mod pack. You managed to make a great game even better. :D
Youre welcome. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/electricboiler
We have electric boiler yyyyeeeaahhhhhhhhh, its works its awesome - no problems with steam production :mrgreen: :D
Its epic, we just need 1 MW to heat water in Electric Boiler MK1, but it doesn't really matter, energy can be getted with another sources of energy like solar panels
I recommend to use for this great mod, it is very convenient

DeadlyWords
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeadlyWords »

What frightens me the most is the amount of materials other Endgame mods need. I mean the FTL Drive from SpaceX needs a few GigaL of FlueGas.

Dont get me wrong, I totally love the complexity of this mod. But couldnt you enable a compatibility option, for example in the Mod Settings menu, that just buffs the productivity of the buildings by a factor? Like just Buff the output and/or lower the necessary input? That would prolly incentivise players to use your mod a lot more and actually promote it as well :)

I still love it, even though im playing with Biters which makes the whole requiring space thematic a bit scary in the long run. Gotta be a little bit masochistic to do this though. :D

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

DeadlyWords wrote:What frightens me the most is the amount of materials other Endgame mods need. I mean the FTL Drive from SpaceX needs a few GigaL of FlueGas.

Dont get me wrong, I totally love the complexity of this mod. But couldnt you enable a compatibility option, for example in the Mod Settings menu, that just buffs the productivity of the buildings by a factor? Like just Buff the output and/or lower the necessary input? That would prolly incentivise players to use your mod a lot more and actually promote it as well :)

I still love it, even though im playing with Biters which makes the whole requiring space thematic a bit scary in the long run. Gotta be a little bit masochistic to do this though. :D
I dont know if pyanodon will do that. If he doesn't when I finish rewriting the pymods compatibility patch to not hard require Angel's mods I can look into adding options to adjust values for other mods

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:I dont know if pyanodon will do that. If he doesn't when I finish rewriting the pymods compatibility patch to not hard require Angel's mods I can look into adding options to adjust values for other mods
marry me :D
pY Coal processing mod

misho104
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

pY HighTech debug on replace_ingredients

Post by misho104 »

Hi pyanodon,

I would like to report a debug report regarding replace_ingredients.
Currently, Recipe:replace_ingredients fails to replace "expensive" recipes; e.g., for "electric-mining-drill":

Code: Select all

{
  expensive = {
    ingredients = {
      { "iron-gear-wheel", 10 },
      { "iron-plate", 20 },
      { amount = 5, name = "basic-circuit-board", type = "item"}
    },
    result = "electric-mining-drill"
  },
  normal = {
    ingredients = {
      { "iron-gear-wheel", 5 },
      { "iron-plate", 10 },
      { amount = 3, name = "basic-circuit-board", type = "item"}
    },
  },
}
where both appearances of basic-circuit-board should be replaced by "pcb1".

So I suppose the function should be modified as, e.g.,

if self.normal then
  if normal then
    replace_ingredient(self.normal.ingredients, replace, normal, n_string)
  end
  if expensive then
    replace_ingredient(self.expensive.ingredients, replace, expensive, e_string)
  else
    replace_ingredient(self.expensive.ingredients, replace, normal, n_string)
  end
elseif normal then
I am afraid some modification might be required for other functions, which I have not checked.
Thanks a lot.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thx pal
pY Coal processing mod

DeadlyWords
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeadlyWords »

Is it supposed that this only produces 0.5 T1 Circuits per second? :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

DeadlyWords wrote:Is it supposed that this only produces 0.5 T1 Circuits per second? :D

Thanks for the ss. It will produce more with modules
pY Coal processing mod

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

I"ve noticed a peculiarity with the recipes. Zipir recipe is defined as follows:

RECIPE {
    type = 'recipe',
    name = 'zipir-carcass',
    category = 'zipir',
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 60,
    ingredients = {
        {type = 'item', name = 'stone-wool', amount = 5},
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'water', amount = 200},
        {type = 'item', name = 'fawogae-substrate', amount = 10},
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'pressured-water', amount = 300}
    },
    results = {
        {type = 'item', name = 'zipir-carcass', amount = 1},
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'waste-water', amount = 200}
    },
    main_product = 'zipir-carcass'
}:add_unlock('basic-electronics'):replace_ingredient('water', 'water-saline')
And waste water filtering as follows:

RECIPE {
    type = 'recipe',
    name = 'waste-water-recycle',
    category = 'carbonfilter',
    enabled = false,
    energy_required = 5,
    ingredients = {
        {type = 'item', name = 'filtration-media', amount = 1},
        {type = 'item', name = 'biofilm', amount = 1},
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'waste-water', amount = 200}
    },
    results = {
        {type = 'fluid', name = 'water', amount = 200}
    }
}:add_unlock('basic-electronics'):replace_result('water', 'water-saline')
What I observe with all of PyMods and no Bobs is that Zipir farming seems to want saline water, so replace_ingredient is applied, but the filtering seems to give back regular water, so replace_result doesn't work. I looked, and replace_result is only used very rarely, and in all other cases to replace Py or vanilla things with Bob things it seems. Can it be that it's not applied properly in this case? Here are all the occurences of replace_result I found:

pyhightech_1.0.5/prototypes/recipes/recipes.lua:52:}:add_unlock('rare-earth-tech'):replace_result('iron-ore', 'zinc-plate')
pyhightech_1.0.5/prototypes/recipes/recipes.lua:103:}:add_unlock('rare-earth-tech'):replace_result('copper-plate', 'nickel-plate')
pyhightech_1.0.5/prototypes/recipes/recipes.lua:2535:}:add_unlock('basic-electronics'):replace_result('water', 'water-saline')
pyhightech_1.0.5/prototypes/recipes/recipes.lua:2700:}:add_unlock('coal-processing-3'):replace_ingredient('niobium-plate', 'nickel-plate'):replace_result('flue-gas', 'oxygen')

DeadlyWords
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DeadlyWords »

Sorry for an incomplete thing. Will prolly post some more Screenshots when im getting a bit better at your mod. If it's wanted.

Btw. you are a cruel cruel man!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

What I observe with all of PyMods and no Bobs is that Zipir farming seems to want saline water, so replace_ingredient is applied, but the filtering seems to give back regular water, so replace_result doesn't work. I looked, and replace_result is only used very rarely, and in all other cases to replace Py or vanilla things with Bob things it seems. Can it be that it's not applied properly in this case? Here are all the occurences of replace_result I found:

Hmmm, oh yeah, replace_result stuff doesn't work (yet)

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

Nexela wrote: Hmmm, oh yeah, replace_result stuff doesn't work (yet)
Thanks for the confirmation, I'll make a local edit for waste water filtering to force make it produce saline water.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

kingarthur wrote:
DeadlyWords wrote:What frightens me the most is the amount of materials other Endgame mods need. I mean the FTL Drive from SpaceX needs a few GigaL of FlueGas.

I dont know if pyanodon will do that. If he doesn't when I finish rewriting the pymods compatibility patch to not hard require Angel's mods I can look into adding options to adjust values for other mods
well i got the rewrite done to remove the hard dependency on angels mods and i made to get a script set up to modify the output values of recipes by set factor that can be changed in the mod settings menu. starts with a multiplier of one and each bump up is effectively adding 100% productivity to every output. just got to finish adding all of pymods recipes to the adjustment list before i upload an update to pycoaltbaa.

i set it up to only be available for spacex. does anybody think there are other mods it might be useful for?

garson111
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by garson111 »

Hello, I have a problem with bob's modules mod. In the recipes speed circuit board requires transistor and basic electronic components(their recipes are replaced). Can anybody help with this, please.

Raphaello
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Raphaello »

I've finally reached a milestone - automation of blue science in py&bobs setup after 110 hours of play on this map!!!
The base is a mess, even though I am constantly optimizing the layout to avoid long transportation routes. The main bus is the vertical on - I'm trying to avoid having a very long factory therefore I've added the horizontal one which serves the subfactory producing level 1 and 2 electronics, chromium (this one takes a lot of space and energy and I've finally build an extendable setup), coke, glass and some other materials
some screenshots
I can add more screenshots if someone is interested in a specific production chain.

Some suggestions:
- simple and limited teleportation and walking speed buffs are necessity due to size of the base. I'm using console to speed up moving around the base now.
- fiber production is difficult - kicalk plantation is very expensive so making it by hand takes significant amount of preparation. More efficient recipes are somewhat pointless as they use lamps (which in turn fiber) - I have not calculated if they are worth but strongly suspect it makes much more sense to increase size than to use fiber to produce fiber faster
- pybots are usless to me. Bots and roboports are available early but chests require red circuits which are very difficult to make. I have the circuits now but at this stage normal bots are available and they are superior to pybots. Development suggestion - make logistic pybots and storage chest require circuit boards 1 instead of CB2. Additionally make self-powered pybot-only personal roboport so that they are useful but not overpowered.

EDIT: forgot to add that I enjoy the mods a lot. Great work pyanodon!
Last edited by Raphaello on Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Is it better to play pymods with bob mods or just play stand alone?

I tried pymods only with zombie mod, and making circuits is really pain after one update. They used to be craftable in assemblers but not anymore.

Return to “PyMods”