pY HighTech Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

Shorkan wrote:Okey. I only made some lists in excel too know how too build the chain, so i'm not near the deadlocks yet. So i have plenty things too build befor i reach them. :D I give you on last information about it, molybdenite ore need science pack 3 too. So zinc acetate and molybden ore, are so far i see, the only things on the circuit board 2 chain that needs science pack 3.

Usually take a week to release a new version to fix that
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

i think i found a few bugs. phosphorous acid is a dead end. and phosphine-gas doesn't seem to have a recipe to make it. i even checked the phosphine file to make sure it was some disable by another mod but i cant find a recipe anywhere

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kingarthur wrote:i think i found a few bugs. phosphorous acid is a dead end. and phosphine-gas doesn't seem to have a recipe to make it. i even checked the phosphine file to make sure it was some disable by another mod but i cant find a recipe anywhere

No, you can make it. All in ddc buildings...
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

pyanodon wrote:
kingarthur wrote:i think i found a few bugs. phosphorous acid is a dead end. and phosphine-gas doesn't seem to have a recipe to make it. i even checked the phosphine file to make sure it was some disable by another mod but i cant find a recipe anywhere

No, you can make it. All in ddc buildings...
ok. its a bug on my end then. some merging madclowns phosphoric acid with your just completely broke that recipe.

factorioguy111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factorioguy111 »

I'm getting this error when trying to install
Attachments
py mod error.PNG
py mod error.PNG (43.22 KiB) Viewed 4990 times

factorioguy111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factorioguy111 »

factorioguy111 wrote:I'm getting this error when trying to install

it is colloding with "more Bob's" mod.

worked after I toggled more Bob's off

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

factorioguy111 wrote:
factorioguy111 wrote:I'm getting this error when trying to install

it is colloding with "more Bob's" mod.

worked after I toggled more Bob's off
There's a small code change that you can do to make it work again. I posted it earlier in the thread.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

It is really intended, to manually craft all "Printed Board Subtract 1" which take 25 sec each until you be able to make your first assembly machine 2?
You spend more time waiting for those printed circuits than making any thing, and you cannot automate it without assembly 2.
Cause the lamp require now 3 recipes, so first level of assembly can't make it.

I like when it become more harder, more things to do, more materials, more complex routes, but forcing hand-craft at insane slow speed isn't "hard", just make it tedious, better to have a bigger and complex chain than wait 2minutes to craft a single splitter (that take 5x Printed Board Subtract 1 at 25sec each).

Would be nice to remove the lamp of the Fiber recipe or make the lamp 2 slots, or allow it to be build in some "special machine" that you can make at the early game. The lamp itself require the Printed Subtract 1 to be able to make Printed Subtract 1. Sure it will feed it self but still. Until you be able to craft some assembly 2, your stuck with hand-craft. Better to not be able to hand-craft and only factory chain, than be forced to hand-craft and be blocked of build a proper factory.

What you did with wood board is nice, it is slow by hand but you can make it faster in a machine, nice, you don't need to build 300x of it by hand before be able to build the machine, some itens 5, 10, 20 are OK, but the amount needed to build a proper factory to be able to hand-craft the Assembly machine 2, that use a next version of circuits to just to be able to make the first level? No, it not looking good.

I'm considering a fresh base, with even more harder stuff, the hard steel recipe, only angel smelting path. Those things make it harder, not tedious.

IF possible, please take this point at consideration.

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

The raw fiber recipe is really bad, because the lamp costs a circuit board 1 ( without bob ) or a printed circuit substrate 1 ( with bob ).

When you think that it would be nice too boost the urea production with raw fiber in the printed circuit substrate 1 chain. Then with bob you can't run it and without bob you will lose too much from your production. One pcb factory makes 0,2s printed circuit substrate 1, but with the boosted urea production you need 0,33s printed circuit substrate 1. Without bob it works, but from 0,4s circuit board 1 you lose 0,33s from your production.

So raw fiber as it is yet, should only be used when its really needed. The better raw fiber recipes change nothing on this, because they may produce faster, but they need more lamps in the same amount of time. Its always 1 lamp = 10 raw fiber and 10 raw fiber = 5 printed circuit substrate 1 = 10 circuit board 1. This is in the normal chain a 20% lose with bob and a 10% lose without bob.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Got what you said, gonna look into it.

The hand craft recipe could cost like 5x mores, instead of taking 25sec to make. At the raise of new base, you don't have nearly as everything you need to make all the Printed chain, and wait 2minutes for each splitter is a pain in the ....

I'm not saying that it should be simpler, I was just saying that at the start you should be allowed to make a factory to create the printed board without waiting ages for it. You gonna need some splitters to move things around, you gonna need some turrets, and other stuff that is just to boring cause you are always just waiting for 5x Printed board, 15x Printed board (2minutes and 5sec each).

If it cost like 5x more, 6x, and take like 2sec. Greate, you won't take forever to build things, and you will feel the need of automating cause of the high cost of hand craft.
Or complete remove the hand craft, and make a proper craft chain.

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Or make the starter circuit recipe handcraft only and remove the 25 second limit. That way, if you want to automate circuits you HAVE to use the proper chain.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Patrick wrote:Or make the starter circuit recipe handcraft only and remove the 25 second limit. That way, if you want to automate circuits you HAVE to use the proper chain.

Hows that?
pY Coal processing mod

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Make a recipe category called "handcraft", add the recipe to that category. So long as the recipe's category isn't available to any buildings you have now have a hand-craft only recipe.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Patrick wrote:Make a recipe category called "handcraft", add the recipe to that category. So long as the recipe's category isn't available to any buildings you have now have a hand-craft only recipe.
This category are no longer present in the base game list of categories
pY Coal processing mod

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

You can create your own handcraft category. I tried it just now for PyHighTech, it works. It disappeared from the assemblers and was only in my hand crafting menu.

recipe-categories.lua

Code: Select all

{
        type = "recipe-category",
        name = "handcraft"
    }
recipes.lua

RECIPE {
    type = 'recipe',
    name = 'electronic-circuit-initial',
    category = 'handcraft',
    enabled = true,
    energy_required = 0.5,
    ingredients = {
        {type = 'item', name = 'copper-plate', amount = 12},
        {type = 'item', name = 'copper-cable', amount = 12},
        {type = 'item', name = 'wood', amount = 2},
    },
    results = {
        {type = 'item', name = 'electronic-circuit', amount = 1}
    },
    main_product = 'electronic-circuit'
}
Edit:
Also need data.lua

table.insert(data.raw.player.player.crafting_categories, "handcraft")
Last edited by Patrick on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Patrick wrote:You can create your own handcraft category. I tried it just now for PyHighTech, it works. It disappeared from the assemblers and was only in my hand crafting menu.
That´s interesting and should work. Thanks, i think i will implement it in the next release
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Also...not working..i did it and the "recipe cant be crafted by hand"
pY Coal processing mod

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Sad :(

Patrick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Patrick »

Apologies, I forgot to list the change to data.lua:

At the end add

data.lua

table.insert(data.raw.player.player.crafting_categories, "handcraft")
That will give the player's crafting menu the category.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Worked...thank you!
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”