Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by magals »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm
magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 pm
magals wrote: these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.
They do in fact add something new. There was a change to how hot air works and among other things added recipes for solder from molten metals. To make it work i need to add some extra pipe connections. I put them all specifically where I did to do as minimal damage as possible. Factorio shouldn't have shifted the oxygen around like it did but it did.

We have never made any change any these mods without thier being some kind of reason for it.
and what gives a change in the location of the pipe inlet into several squares for a recipe that has not changed at all?
Becuase the entity was modified so the game automatically picked several pipe connections for it. Has nothing to do with that specific recipe. I dont know why it went with only those 2 and not all 4
the missing pipes were added only in the last patch that came out yesterday-today, maybe just after I wrote a comment

onk140
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by onk140 »

magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:52 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm
magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 pm
magals wrote: these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.
They do in fact add something new. There was a change to how hot air works and among other things added recipes for solder from molten metals. To make it work i need to add some extra pipe connections. I put them all specifically where I did to do as minimal damage as possible. Factorio shouldn't have shifted the oxygen around like it did but it did.

We have never made any change any these mods without thier being some kind of reason for it.
and what gives a change in the location of the pipe inlet into several squares for a recipe that has not changed at all?
Becuase the entity was modified so the game automatically picked several pipe connections for it. Has nothing to do with that specific recipe. I dont know why it went with only those 2 and not all 4
the missing pipes were added only in the last patch that came out yesterday-today, maybe just after I wrote a comment
Please stop playing in PY, it's not for you. Or stop whining

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

onk140 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 am

please use the brain.
I just made a remark on which I had the right and which had the place to be.
slightly less aggression

Damage
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Damage »

magals wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:37 pm
onk140 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:24 am

please use the brain.
I just made a remark on which I had the right and which had the place to be.
slightly less aggression
Pffffff...

I would like to make a remark too: please continue to make changes to this awesome modsuite that you think are for the better. Even if it breaks some pipe set ups, or whatever else. Before PyAl it was already really good, but with PyAl it is even more amazing! :D

Really love how it turned out and also the direction that it is heading, keep it up!

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Damage wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:27 pm
Pffffff...

I would like to make a remark too: please continue to make changes to this awesome modsuite that you think are for the better. Even if it breaks some pipe set ups, or whatever else. Before PyAl it was already really good, but with PyAl it is even more amazing! :D

Really love how it turned out and also the direction that it is heading, keep it up!
I agree. Please make changes, but do not oversimplify the mods) complicate - please)

jweather
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jweather »

Cargo pynobots are delivering logistic requests as expected, but not picking up trash slots. Do I need to build regular logistic bots to do that? I have storage available in my network. Using Coal Processing, Fusion Energy, Industry, Petroleum Handling, and Raw Ores.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

jweather wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:48 am
Cargo pynobots are delivering logistic requests as expected, but not picking up trash slots. Do I need to build regular logistic bots to do that? I have storage available in my network. Using Coal Processing, Fusion Energy, Industry, Petroleum Handling, and Raw Ores.
no they are the same as any other logistic bot and should pick up trash as well

jweather
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jweather »

Thanks - looks like I just wasn't patient enough. They started picking up trash once my logistic requests were filled. I thought I remembered logistic bots bringing me requests and then taking trash away on the same trip -- maybe not? May have been a base game change, not sure.

Wisey
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Wisey »

In 1.5.0 is there any reason the warehouse have gone from 800 to 450 slots? or was it a mistake? A warning in the changelog would have been nice it was it intentional for such a large change.
New graphics for them are nice.

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

Yeah, losing warehouses full of plates, ore, intermediates, etc. without warning is very annoying. In the future, a head's up with regards to changes that actually delete a ton of material would be useful.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

1. Cool move, use a rocket to get "Cosmic space Dingrit", that is, as an intermediate chain to get perfect samples. Thus, the vanilla end goal has become just one of the intermediate stages - it's super. Only it seems to me that the very process of building and maintaining a rocket is completely uncomplicated against the background of other recipes.

2. Also, since I touched on the topic of vanilla recipes, I would like to mention drones. Of course it's a good thing, maybe early access to fast drones makes the game easier, but Py drones seem to almost devalue vanilla ones, which are more expensive, researched later and have lower stats. In addition, they require a "drone framework" that is explored much later in "robotics" technology than the vanilla drones themselves, which are being discovered in "construction robotics" technology. I just notice this moment. I suppose it will still be reworked, because I remember that for several years there was a vote on what Py will work next and there was an "industry update". So, I think, on the drones, as well as on the rocket, there was simply no emphasis yet.

I certainly cannot talk about the gameplay, because I do not play myself (no time), but I enjoy exploring your mods and try to contribute as much as possible with modest comments. Still, I think early access to high-speed drones is devaluing conveyor belts? I remember Angel and Bob had an add-on that allows you to build similar early drones. But they were very slow, which, just the same perfectly balanced their early appearance in the game. Just, again, I pay attention.

3. Additionally, at the expense of the missile silo: space research packages, as I understand it, is still a formality at this stage? Moreover, they can be easily obtained by launching a rocket without using an expensive recipe in a quantum computer (which, by the way, is no more expensive than the previous research package). And also, note, the counting of launched satellites, which appears in the upper left corner, seems superfluous.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Yeah, the vanilla bots and their intermediaries could be removed. They have no reason to exist, as you say they are worse in every way than Pynobots.

I don't think they devalue belts, at least at the beginning. Pyanodon bases become big much earlier than vanilla bases, and robots have a disadvantage at large distances. The early ones are still quite slow without the speed upgrade techs.

The satellite is more expensive than in vanilla, but yeah for 1000 science packs, it's still super cheap. Maybe the satellite could return 100 science instead of 1000. It'd still be 10-20 times cheaper than the quantum computer that way, but at least the difference wouldn't be as extreme as it is now.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 am
Yeah, the vanilla bots and their intermediaries could be removed. They have no reason to exist, as you say they are worse in every way than Pynobots.

I don't think they devalue belts, at least at the beginning. Pyanodon bases become big much earlier than vanilla bases, and robots have a disadvantage at large distances. The early ones are still quite slow without the speed upgrade techs.

The satellite is more expensive than in vanilla, but yeah for 1000 science packs, it's still super cheap. Maybe the satellite could return 100 science instead of 1000. It'd still be 10-20 times cheaper than the quantum computer that way, but at least the difference wouldn't be as extreme as it is now.
I've already removed the vanilla bots as of 20 minutes before this post.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

ShadowGlass wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 am
I would suggest removing the satellite altogether as a tool for extracting space research packages and leaving exclusively a quantum computer for this task - I thought this is the case in these mods and was happy about that, until yesterday I discovered that the main method of extracting space science packages remained the same.
I think the rocket is already enough only for tholins and for Dingrit. Maybe in the future it will be possible to use it for something else, but I would do the receipt of space research packages in the same way as everyone else - that is, a complex chain.
Last edited by factoriogame1121 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Perhaps, in the future, it would be possible to use the launched satellite, together with its control station on the ground, to receive any cosmic energies. But these are already fantasies about the future. If necessary, I can dream up.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

One interesting solution would be if the satellite returned some intermediate component that you need to use in the QC to make the space science.

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

ShadowGlass wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:40 pm
One interesting solution would be if the satellite returned some intermediate component that you need to use in the QC to make the space science.
I like that idea.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Would it be possible to make it so the upgrade planner works between the vanilla radar and the local radar?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Pridesfall wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:53 am
Would it be possible to make it so the upgrade planner works between the vanilla radar and the local radar?
Maybe. They have to be the same size entity for it to work. I'd have to check it

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Mecejide wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:12 pm
The shed and the storehouse have the exact same recipe and I don't think they are supposed to.
Yeah, also both Warehouse and Deposit have the same exact ingredients.
This is despite that for both pairs, one is much bigger than the other.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “PyMods”