immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Crixomix wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:46 pm
Question for all you Py players out there:

What's your favorite tile? Currently my whole base is covered in measly stone bricks which provide only a 30% speed boost. I am close to automating circuits 2 so I have a healthy infrastructure currently and am wanting to automate and produce massive amounts of a better tile, but I'm not sure which one to go with. They do seem somewhat expensive but I wanted to get everyone's opinions.
grass or landfill :D
tiles are expensive and besides small amounts of lime tiles for markers i use none
also it increases save gave size and reduces polution absorption

Veez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Veez »

Crixomix wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:46 pm
Question for all you Py players out there:

What's your favorite tile? Currently my whole base is covered in measly stone bricks which provide only a 30% speed boost. I am close to automating circuits 2 so I have a healthy infrastructure currently and am wanting to automate and produce massive amounts of a better tile, but I'm not sure which one to go with. They do seem somewhat expensive but I wanted to get everyone's opinions.
2.1 million Asphalt and 315k Coal Tiles.

It's "only" 140% of walking speed. But we decided based on looks and as we wanted to pave everything it needed to be affordable as well.
We do city blocks, all the rail systems are Coal Tiles, while the blocks are covered in Asphalt.
Coal Tiles is "only" ash and tailings dust which we get by burning and evaporating tailings everywhere (as it is useful for the nexelit as well).
For Asphalt we use the Bitumen from Oil Sands and Gravel :), it conveniently gives 10x.
Attachments
Map.PNG
Map.PNG (616.69 KiB) Viewed 7551 times
CityBlock.PNG
CityBlock.PNG (2.95 MiB) Viewed 7551 times

shadowpho
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by shadowpho »

Wow that's really impressive organization. Our base is very... disorganized.

We use aluminum tilings because they are cheap and fast

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

The shed and the storehouse have the exact same recipe and I don't think they are supposed to.

Nyakko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nyakko »

Add shadow to niobium pipes, please.
Attachments
20200125122123_2.jpg
20200125122123_2.jpg (77.64 KiB) Viewed 7346 times

matrix47
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matrix47 »

After sound changes in 0.18, robots sound too loud and annoying.
Here's a patch to make them sound same as vanilla robots:
https://gist.github.com/matrix47/6469ab ... fa8216466f

mordras
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mordras »

FYI, if this mod is running standalone, the Py Logistics bots do not unlock. I believe it is because of the code below and that the base game doesn't have a 'basic-electronics' technology.

cargo_bot:add_unlock({'basic-electronics', 'advanced-electronics'})

I notice that the Megadar does unlock with advanced-electronics and the code for that is just requiring advanced-electronics:
:add_unlock("advanced-electronics")

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

just as planned
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

polle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by polle »

matrix47 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:06 pm
After sound changes in 0.18, robots sound too loud and annoying.
Here's a patch to make them sound same as vanilla robots:
https://gist.github.com/matrix47/6469ab ... fa8216466f
Thanks

razahin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by razahin »

I noticed an option in the mod settings to use PyIndustry tank sizes. What exactly does that setting do? Can I change it mid game? Should I be using it?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

razahin wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:27 am
I noticed an option in the mod settings to use PyIndustry tank sizes. What exactly does that setting do? Can I change it mid game? Should I be using it?
it just changes the tank sizes from the currently set storage size to one more based on the area they take up as technically if you can figure out a way to use them some of the smaller tanks will hold more in the same space. i dont think its necessary to use but some people want it so it exists.

you can turn it on mid game with no issues and you can turn it off but i think youll lose any extra fluid over the smaller size in the tank if you do turn it off midgame

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

please do not make such changes anymore

Image photoshop online

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

"please, stop working in your mods"
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

pyanodon wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 am
these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.

error0664
Inserter
Inserter

Post by error0664 »

maybe it is a preparation for something significant or new that is just around the corner

i do not care to much about moving all my pipes - since you play py suite on latest version you deal with many changes and this is part of the py-Story
it is an evolving mod

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Crixomix »

magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 pm
pyanodon wrote:
these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.
Then don't update? I can't believe you would straight up just tell a Mod author to not make a change lol. If you have a CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, you can share that. But just saying "hey don't change that" is ridiculous. Maybe ask "i'm curious why the pipe input location changed, as it seemed okay where it was". That's a respectful way to say the same thing.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Crixomix wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm
magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:23 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Then don't update? I can't believe you would straight up just tell a Mod author to not make a change lol. If you have a CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, you can share that. But just saying "hey don't change that" is ridiculous. Maybe ask "i'm curious why the pipe input location changed, as it seemed okay where it was". That's a respectful way to say the same thing.
maybe because the problem of production decline in a large factory is difficult to identify?
is it really necessary to change the location of the pipe inlet? for what? I, after the update, turned on the game in the background and only after a few hours discovered that all this time there was no copper production, a cool surprise?

and on the rights given to me by the author himself on the patreon as a donor,
I quote:
"You will get the previous reward plus i may take your suggestion in consideration to decide some changes or appends to the mod suite."

make a claim

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

magals wrote: these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.
They do in fact add something new. There was a change to how hot air works and among other things added recipes for solder from molten metals. To make it work i need to add some extra pipe connections. I put them all specifically where I did to do as minimal damage as possible. Factorio shouldn't have shifted the oxygen around like it did but it did.

We have never made any change any these mods without thier being some kind of reason for it.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 pm
magals wrote: these changes are completely insignificant, and bring nothing new, only a problem.
They do in fact add something new. There was a change to how hot air works and among other things added recipes for solder from molten metals. To make it work i need to add some extra pipe connections. I put them all specifically where I did to do as minimal damage as possible. Factorio shouldn't have shifted the oxygen around like it did but it did.

We have never made any change any these mods without thier being some kind of reason for it.
and what gives a change in the location of the pipe inlet into several squares for a recipe that has not changed at all?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

magals wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:30 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:18 pm

and what gives a change in the location of the pipe inlet into several squares for a recipe that has not changed at all?
Becuase the entity was modified so the game automatically picked several pipe connections for it. Has nothing to do with that specific recipe. I dont know why it went with only those 2 and not all 4

Return to “PyMods”