pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

robomatica
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY Fusion Energy - Discussion

Post by robomatica »

I'm also having the same issue -- guess I started my game at a bad time. Loving the full py pack but I'm just starting to hit volcanic pipe tech and have no spawns of that or regolite on the map. If there's a fix coming, any way to make it retroactive? Alternatively, does someone who knows lua mind giving me a console command to fix my map and generate resources somehow (regolite + volcanic pipe tech)? I don't mind using console commands but know nothing about lua and factorio's api so I need help :) Thanks!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

robomatica wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 pm
I'm also having the same issue -- guess I started my game at a bad time. Loving the full py pack but I'm just starting to hit volcanic pipe tech and have no spawns of that or regolite on the map. If there's a fix coming, any way to make it retroactive? Alternatively, does someone who knows lua mind giving me a console command to fix my map and generate resources somehow (regolite + volcanic pipe tech)? I don't mind using console commands but know nothing about lua and factorio's api so I need help :) Thanks!
its being worked on atm. proably be an update later today or tomorrow as im trying to clean up some of the mess that is the starting area. once the update is out easiest thing to do besides explore more map is to use the delete empty chunks mod to allow you to reset any previously uncovered but unused map chunks.

if you dont want to wait theres a console command for editor mode that might help.

Code: Select all

/editor
or a console command to spawn ores.

Code: Select all

/c local surface=game.player.surface
if surface.get_tile(game.player.position.x, game.player.position.y).collides_with("ground-tile") then
	surface.create_entity({name="volcanic-pipe", amount=100000, position={game.player.position.x, game.player.position.y}})
end
paste that into the chat box and itll spawn a resource at the players position.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

You must construct more Nexelit pylons. :D

pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

OMG
This is high tech electric pole! :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Another excellent-looking building. What's the range on this power pole?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

septemberWaves wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:54 am
Another excellent-looking building. What's the range on this power pole?
Not a pole. And I currently don't know the stats. Waiting on the boss man to say but probably double or triple vanilla

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

lol...should be on pyAE forum. XD
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

I assumed it was a power pole of some form since it looks to be connected to power cables. Curious to find out what else it could be...

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

slimepulpler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by slimepulpler »

(This is using all pYmods up to AE):

I noticed that the fusion reactions don't actually produce more power, than what is spent to produce the ingredients.
I tested building separated processes where I supply the precursor ingredients externally, and then build all the buildings to supply a reactor using the highest tier Boron+Proton fusion recipe, or the more basic second tier fusion reaction and have them and the reactor be powered using the steam the reaction produces.
Meaning I have the first crafting of the recipe run on external power, and then use it's products of steam to power the second craft of the recipe and it's ingredients.

I noticed that the steam runs out well before the reactor is done producing the second batch.
Is this an AE specific update to make it so that these are more like expensive experiments, instead of a net-positive in power to run your factory with?
And if this doesn't actually produce more power than it consumes, why do it at all?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

slimepulpler wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:52 pm

Is this an AE specific update to make it so that these are more like expensive experiments, instead of a net-positive in power to run your factory with?
And if this doesn't actually produce more power than it consumes, why do it at all?
theyre very late game so havent gotten as much attention with recent changes but the anti matter fusion reactor produces nearly 2 terrawatts of power the others produce materials needed for science

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Good days
It seems to me that the very first thermonuclear reaction (deuterium) at the moment (the only one with superheated steam left at the output) is completely unprofitable in terms of energy production. If only because the production of heavy water requires a huge number of energy-consuming centrifuges.
Or is this just our way of producing tritium? Besides getting it from a used control rod...hmm

Return to “PyMods”