pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Post Reply
User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm

@ CrazyCode

Ohh i see, well, fixed it. Will come in next release. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:07 am

pyanodon wrote:Greetings fellow builders!
While we´re working here to bring the 2.1, here another building you may use in that mod. A high-pressured furnace, a furnace made to burn and cook ingredients without the presence of oxygen. So, it will use an inert gas such nitrogen in some cases and maybe in the future, argon. In green science, that building will produce mainly the activated carbon, a very useful ingredient for filters to use in the carbon filter mainly. :)
Image
Pyanodon, can u tell more about filters? What is their purpose? Angels refining mod also have 2 types of filters - coal filter and ceramic filter, ceramic filter is made of aluminum
As you can see angel mods and your mod have a lot in common ;)
Angel filter using now only for water filtering and another liquid products

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:17 am

aklesey1 wrote:Pyanodon, can u tell more about filters? What is their purpose? Angels refining mod also have 2 types of filters - coal filter and ceramic filter, ceramic filter is made of aluminum
As you can see angel mods and your mod have a lot in common ;)
Angel filter using now only for water filtering and another liquid products
Sure! It´s inevitable some stuff in my mod will have similar structure in other mods.... both are handling potential multipurpose substances. Coal is almost a solid petroleum and his processing and handling is similar to oil too. You will find a more and more similarities because we cant process coal without use some common process with petroleum. The goal in this mod is process coal with 3 directions: (in order of importance)
  • 1- Energy generation
  • 2- Coal waste disposal and recycle (CO2 and solids)
  • 3- Extract useful products and uses from coal to complement vanilla and other mods.
My filter is based on activated carbon/coal (another use from coal) to filter gases and fluids to remove impurities and bring a more clean and pure product in the end. Based on my goals, if i wanna make coal a more cleaner fuel, i must have a way to purify the fuel and their waste to reduce pollution. Filtering is the first step in this process, also, activated coal is an important catalyst in several chemical processes i will explore not only in this mod, but in the future ones too. For now, my filter will be used as one of the ways to purify the syngas->refinedsyngas. A low tech purification to produce a more cleaner gas fuel, since cleaner fuel = less emissions. My filter will be used to filter fluegas to remove some ash and other trace elements to be processed later and give pure CO2 for use, storage or sequestration. The filter will be used too as prefilter in atmosfere CO2 sequestration and my future mods (Such the one the pool is asking) may use it too.

Dont get me wrong, i love angel´s mods and this guy was the first which gave me the inspiration to start my own mod. I have no desire to compete with him (even if i want i dont have his knowledge) , but as i said, will be inevitable some cross-ingredients and process. Similar of a lot of tree farming and nuclear mods around. I talked with Angels, im asking him questions about his future plans just to try always to follow another direction of his own to make our mods more unique, but there´s some common points which i cant just ignore (such filters or methanol or furnaces or phenol or sulfur...etc).

Will have furnaces, tanks, gas treatment, filters, presses etc... there´s a reason why our society are basically based on coal use, it´s a very very complex and useful substance and im just scratching the top layer here in this mod, which is already very simplified near the real process to not break the fun. Remember this mod is made to be used with bob´s plates, not to have a dependency of Angels or i would be using his ingredients and buildings, half of the fun of making a mod is create your own production chain, model your buildings and all. But must be sure that this mod WILL be compatible with angles, i will seek help, i will try to find people which can help me to that or even try to learn and code it myself (even im being more a graphics guy and a disaster on coding).
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Wow crhromium processing :o :)
Arch666Angel expressed the idea to include a new chain for machining new metals in future - platinum and chrome - in his mod for the few last days
So I support your endeavor
What about competing - its your opinion to choose and your team which developing this mod - you and Nexela right? I'm very like the diversity in my factory what i can say

I may seem demanding, just the game itself is so versatile that you can play without mods is already very difficult and unusual
Just good luck to your i swear you can do some really unique not wwith this one mod 8-)

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:09 pm

aklesey1 wrote:Wow crhromium processing :o :)
Arch666Angel expressed the idea to include a new chain for machining new metals in future - platinum and chrome - in his mod for the few last days
So I support your endeavor
What about competing - its your opinion to choose and your team which developing this mod - you and Nexela right? I'm very like the diversity in my factory what i can say

I may seem demanding, just the game itself is so versatile that you can play without mods is already very difficult and unusual
Just good luck to your i swear you can do some really unique not wwith this one mod 8-)

Hahaha i said i cant compete and i dont want to. Haha in fact, i face my mod as a complement of angels than a competitor.

I hope nexela gimme some support in my crazy ideas. Very nice guy.

Didnt know about chromium.. well, at least platinum isnt in my plans. But chromium is sooo important when deal with coal... lets see.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2173
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by steinio » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm

If you will have a look at this (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mooklepticon/Wood_Gas) mod idea - it looks really simple to implement.
What i don't know is, if it's sane.

It produces tar, like your mod, so there could be some synergy effects?

Greetings steinio
Image
Transport Belt Repair Man
My little mods: Link | My favourite mods: Bob's Mods | Angel's Mods | Yuoki Railway Core | EvoGUI | Logistic Train Network
Factorio Cheat Sheet by Denis Zholob

View unread Posts

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:45 pm

steinio wrote:If you will have a look at this (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/mooklepticon/Wood_Gas) mod idea - it looks really simple to implement.
What i don't know is, if it's sane.

It produces tar, like your mod, so there could be some synergy effects?

Greetings steinio

Wow.. this mod is like a shortcut of my whole mod hahah. I like a bit more complex thing, but not too much. :)
I could use wood too, but im sure theres mods there that convert wood into coal.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aubergine18 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:07 pm

I'm doing a mod that focusses quite heavily on wood, and planning on ability to turn it in to coal or charcoal. Main difference is that I'm doing it as early agricultural tech phase (predating steam and electricity) so likely in a stone furnace of some kind. Any hints on whether it should produce byproducts most appreciated :)
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:14 am

aubergine18 wrote:I'm doing a mod that focusses quite heavily on wood, and planning on ability to turn it in to coal or charcoal. Main difference is that I'm doing it as early agricultural tech phase (predating steam and electricity) so likely in a stone furnace of some kind. Any hints on whether it should produce byproducts most appreciated :)

Wood can be used in several industrial things, you can use it as fuel, extract tall oil for rubber, use the remainings on bioreactors to produce some chemicals, convert it to biomass, solid fuel, phenols, tar, wood gas, resin etc etc..
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aubergine18 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:56 am

If I only had very basic stuff available - stone, water, clay, wood - which of those wood-based products would be the most useful at such an early tech stage?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:08 am

Where we can use chromium in future?

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:34 pm

aklesey1 wrote:Where we can use chromium in future?

A lot of stuff, but basically and mainly i will need to made super alloys to resist high temperature, also chromium is a potent/important catalyst for my chemicals and sub products.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:28 pm

I had to guess what you want to use chromium as a catalyst
How about methanol? Any another plans for it? We can obtain the methyl alcohol from methanol, whether we can find application for methyl alcohol?

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:18 pm

aklesey1 wrote:I had to guess what you want to use chromium as a catalyst
How about methanol? Any another plans for it? We can obtain the methyl alcohol from methanol, whether we can find application for methyl alcohol?
i have no plans to use methyl alcohol for now. Methanol will be used as coolant to produce refined syngas and other things such synthesise petrochemicals by FT processes and polimerization.
aubergine18 wrote:If I only had very basic stuff available - stone, water, clay, wood - which of those wood-based products would be the most useful at such an early tech stage?
I would use to produce briquetes (and tar for my mod XD XD)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

kab83
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:48 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by kab83 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:01 am

I think that no perfect one is good.
could you upload this mod which is developed now?

Your mod is good to use coal, but creosote is stocked too much
And creosote doesn't use without making pole.
I think this is nonsense
(I destroy and build a tank to stock for unused creosote.

I think that it will be good to use tar to carbon.
carbon is used too much. I should be used to other mod.

thank you for reading

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:51 am

kab83 wrote:I think that no perfect one is good.
could you upload this mod which is developed now?

Your mod is good to use coal, but creosote is stocked too much
And creosote doesn't use without making pole.
I think this is nonsense
(I destroy and build a tank to stock for unused creosote.

I think that it will be good to use tar to carbon.
carbon is used too much. I should be used to other mod.

thank you for reading

Hello.
Post unfinished mods will cause evem more trouble for you. Please be patient and soon we will have a new release. We're about to finish the lastest buildings and coding.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:19 pm

pyanodon wrote:
kab83 wrote:I think that no perfect one is good.
could you upload this mod which is developed now?

Your mod is good to use coal, but creosote is stocked too much
And creosote doesn't use without making pole.
I think this is nonsense
(I destroy and build a tank to stock for unused creosote.

I think that it will be good to use tar to carbon.
carbon is used too much. I should be used to other mod.

thank you for reading

Hello.
Post unfinished mods will cause evem more trouble for you. Please be patient and soon we will have a new release. We're about to finish the lastest buildings and coding.
Nice to hear pyanodon
And yet I have a few questions
Quenching tower - it will give us the salt which is sodium chloride in nature andgive us a slag
1) Angel mods now have some strange solution about getting salt - we can't produce salt and can\t use it - because there are overriding by angel petrochem mod - we can produce saline water instead of salt from water - I kind of agree with Arch666Angel we could get salt from void, from infinite water, but now we need to purify vanilla water and after that we can produce oxygen, hydrogen and sodium hydroxide - I think you should consult with Arch666Angel first if will do compatibility
If i'll play only with bob's mod all will be alright
Yes, Arch666Angel did strange and may be not so popular but really important changes which can give us experience when building our amazing factories - I especially want to mention the Angel Freining mod - mod with 5 stages of refining - Crushing, Hydro Refining, Chemical Refining, Thermal Refining - if u played with Angel mods u know all, u know how its amazing :o 8-)
2) About slag - i know Yuoki mod has his type of slag and Angel Refining mod have his type of slag - this is different thing and they are not compatible - i think u can use angel type of lag for compatibility - logically this will be correct

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:06 pm

aklesey1 wrote: Nice to hear pyanodon
And yet I have a few questions
Quenching tower - it will give us the salt which is sodium chloride in nature andgive us a slag
1) Angel mods now have some strange solution about getting salt - we can't produce salt and can\t use it - because there are overriding by angel petrochem mod - we can produce saline water instead of salt from water - I kind of agree with Arch666Angel we could get salt from void, from infinite water, but now we need to purify vanilla water and after that we can produce oxygen, hydrogen and sodium hydroxide - I think you should consult with Arch666Angel first if will do compatibility
If i'll play only with bob's mod all will be alright
Yes, Arch666Angel did strange and may be not so popular but really important changes which can give us experience when building our amazing factories - I especially want to mention the Angel Freining mod - mod with 5 stages of refining - Crushing, Hydro Refining, Chemical Refining, Thermal Refining - if u played with Angel mods u know all, u know how its amazing :o 8-)
2) About slag - i know Yuoki mod has his type of slag and Angel Refining mod have his type of slag - this is different thing and they are not compatible - i think u can use angel type of lag for compatibility - logically this will be correct
Hello!
For now the quenching tower wont give slag anymore. Will give slag when im ready with the chromium mod. Im sorry about salt, but i dont get what Algels did... why remove the salt? My mod will still having salt, in the future, when make it compatible with angles, i may add a recipe to mix water with salt to produce saline water. Remember my mod is aimed to be compatible with bobs. Others mods will come later.

Hmm o never heard about this freining mod. It isnt on his foruns. Can you provide me a link?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

User avatar
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Arch666Angel » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:26 pm

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote: Nice to hear pyanodon
And yet I have a few questions
Quenching tower - it will give us the salt which is sodium chloride in nature andgive us a slag
1) Angel mods now have some strange solution about getting salt - we can't produce salt and can\t use it - because there are overriding by angel petrochem mod - we can produce saline water instead of salt from water - I kind of agree with Arch666Angel we could get salt from void, from infinite water, but now we need to purify vanilla water and after that we can produce oxygen, hydrogen and sodium hydroxide - I think you should consult with Arch666Angel first if will do compatibility
If i'll play only with bob's mod all will be alright
Yes, Arch666Angel did strange and may be not so popular but really important changes which can give us experience when building our amazing factories - I especially want to mention the Angel Freining mod - mod with 5 stages of refining - Crushing, Hydro Refining, Chemical Refining, Thermal Refining - if u played with Angel mods u know all, u know how its amazing :o 8-)
2) About slag - i know Yuoki mod has his type of slag and Angel Refining mod have his type of slag - this is different thing and they are not compatible - i think u can use angel type of lag for compatibility - logically this will be correct
Hello!
For now the quenching tower wont give slag anymore. Will give slag when im ready with the chromium mod. Im sorry about salt, but i dont get what Algels did... why remove the salt? My mod will still having salt, in the future, when make it compatible with angles, i may add a recipe to mix water with salt to produce saline water. Remember my mod is aimed to be compatible with bobs. Others mods will come later.

Hmm o never heard about this freining mod. It isnt on his foruns. Can you provide me a link?
Take saline water and make salt from it :P The point was that making salt from water, mix that salt with water to make water for the salt water electrolysis is...stupid. I know he probably wanted to reduce the count of intermediates, but what's the use of salt besides the salt water? None yeah. :P
My chain of thought was that all the water is impure and mixed with "stuff", so for chemistry and other you want to get rid of all the impurities = purified water and the leftover from the purification has all the natural minerals in it = saline water.

I think he means my refining mod, it's just a typo :P

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 3:45 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:45 pm

pyanodon wrote: Hmm o never heard about this freining mod. It isnt on his foruns. Can you provide me a link?
Oh crap - yes yes this a typo, excuse me Arch666Angel :? - I wrote from phone with the onscreen keyboard and didn't notice the typo
And pyanodon excuse me too :? - i wrote about Refining mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... lsrefining

No slag - it's even good, i must say I like your scheme, it's very illustrative

For now u are working for end stage of developing of new version may be u can draw new scheme to tell us more about changes in next version?

What abourt salt - I don't want to produce the salt as a separate product because it only serves one purpose - to be mixed with water and to chlorine and hydrogen
May be we can produce saline water from water + salt, how do u think guys?

Ok, I prefer to discuss about salt and its usage in the topic of Angel mods not here viewtopic.php?f=185&t=19652

Post Reply

Return to “PyMods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users