pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Nexela »

With the fluid/boiler changes coming in .15 the values for these will probably not change too much until then.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Nexela wrote:With the fluid/boiler changes coming in .15 the values for these will probably not change too much until then.

But after that??
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

After that everything will need adjusting :)

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

That's fair. I hope in the process, they make it easier for you guys to make custom generators like that.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Nexela wrote:After that everything will need adjusting :)
You will need to recode everything? O.o
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Using hydrogen as energy source is very cool, thanks guys :D

I have found where it is possible to use nickel ore - i can create calalysts in angel petrochem mod

Can u tell ore about ur chromium processing with ur catalitic features? maybe you can borrow metal catalysts carrier from angel petrochem to add some compatibility?

And i like when u draw scheme for ur mod, looks very clearly
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

skeletonking02
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skeletonking02 »

First off, Terrific job on this mod. Awesome all-around! My only question: is it balanced? I setup a power plant with your mod. I am unable to get it to sustain itself. The numbers I come up with are as follows.
To produce 1.3 MW of power it takes 1.5 refined syngas per second.
To produce the required refined syngas for this 1.3 MW of power it takes 1.3 MW of power to operate the required buildings ( 4 - Distillation Columns, 4 - Gasifiers, 2 - Menthonal Reactor, 2- Rectisol and 1 - Power House with a single Combustion Turbine MK02)
Also it requires the following raw resources to produce the 1.3 MW of power: 100 coal units, 4 copper units and 2 iron units.
Compared to a vanilla steam generator setup, 80 coal units/minute will produce 6.0 MW with no power drain for its production.
Just my observations, I may be completely wrong. Its happened before.
Thanks again for a terrific mod!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

skeletonking02 wrote:First off, Terrific job on this mod. Awesome all-around! My only question: is it balanced? I setup a power plant with your mod. I am unable to get it to sustain itself. The numbers I come up with are as follows.
To produce the required refined syngas for this 1.3 MW of power it takes 1.3 MW of power to operate the required buildings ( 4 - Distillation Columns, 4 - Gasifiers, 2 - Menthonal Reactor, 2- Rectisol and 1 - Power House with a single Combustion Turbine MK02)
Also it requires the following raw resources to produce the 1.3 MW of power: 100 coal units, 4 copper units and 2 iron units.
Compared to a vanilla steam generator setup, 80 coal units/minute will produce 6.0 MW with no power drain for its production.

Thank you for your feedback, PyCoal is still in pre-release because of balance stuff like this.

Taking all of this into consideration I will look into reducing the usage down to 1/sec and bumping up the power output a little bit more to match.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Using hydrogen as energy source is very cool, thanks guys :D

I have found where it is possible to use nickel ore - i can create calalysts in angel petrochem mod

Can u tell ore about ur chromium processing with ur catalitic features? maybe you can borrow metal catalysts carrier from angel petrochem to add some compatibility?

And i like when u draw scheme for ur mod, looks very clearly

Remember we will make it work before make it 100% compatible with angels. I warned this mod is made to have compatibility with bobs!

Chromium will be used in blue science tier a lot as catalyst for several buildings i´ve posted here in previous pages. The chromium production is listed in this chart:

Chromium will be tied with Nickel to make nichrome as other catalyst too and will be uses to produce special super alloys to build the high-tier buildings and materials required from blue science and above.

Here the full chart of everything until blue science. It´s an alpha thing..the blurred areas are the blue science tier...still in planning and production. The non-blurred area is what we have until now. I left the chromium processing un-blurred because it´s already set.

pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

skeletonking02 wrote:First off, Terrific job on this mod. Awesome all-around! My only question: is it balanced? I setup a power plant with your mod. I am unable to get it to sustain itself. The numbers I come up with are as follows.

Thank you for the feedback! I was playing here with a friend and noticed that too...we need to pump up some numbers and reduce some consumption to make it plausible and an alternative way to generate energy without the vanilla/other mods help much. I will still go on playing here to grab all numbers i need to go with nexela and balance things :)

Remember you can burn some of these intermediates. The list of "burnable fuels" in this release are listed here:

Syngas
Refined Syngas
Combustion mixture 1
Hydrogen
Methanol
Vanilla pet gas
Vanilla light oil

Each of them have different burn rates and energy generation efficiency.

More fuels will be added in the next releases. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Gravel can be done like crushed stone i think?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Gravel can be done like crushed stone i think?
If needed, can have a recipe for that.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: Image
Here than your project so the fact that ur mod contains a lot of new machines and buildings, that's interesting and that cool, you have overtaken other authors of other mods in this regard? which experementing with new ideas and innovations, if it is possible to be expressed so, I watching at my factory and at me even eyes run up :shock: :mrgreen:

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Here than your project so the fact that ur mod contains a lot of new machines and buildings, that's interesting and that cool, you have overtaken other authors of other mods in this regard? which experementing with new ideas and innovations, if it is possible to be expressed so, I watching at my factory and at me even eyes run up :shock: :mrgreen:
THank you, i love modeling and with time i will be adding these buildings and machines on my mod until it´s complete. Now that the green tier is on testing, im started to finish the last buildings for the blue science. I dunno about other modders... my mod is small now, but i will make it bigger with time and the help of my friend Nexela. Im trying to keep the style and visuals in the theme i picked to illustrate it. :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Can we get hydrogen sulfide with rectisol process? Or with another processing?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Can we get hydrogen sulfide with rectisol process? Or with another processing?
We get acid gas from it. Which can have sulfur extracted from. In blue we will have more options with acid gas
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: We get acid gas from it. Which can have sulfur extracted from. In blue we will have more options with acid gas
I'm sorry u wanted to say that we can get hydrogen sulfide from acid gas? Right? Acid gas is raw product as i can understand? Hydrogen sulfide is one of the by products

I'm often using hydrogen sulfide from angel's petrochem mod to get sulfuric acid and sulfur from explosives, explosives for rockets
Some ideas for using syn gas -we can use this gas to separate it methane ethane and butane, i mean that synthesis gas is a little similar to natural gas

All this chemistry is very useful - i can get plastic bars from coal by process it to syn gas and after separate to 3 gases, but remember about vanilla for plastic bars - only petro;eum gas and coal - for i think this process has been very simplified

And some offtop, viewtopic.php?f=185&t=40273 I was stunned, it is delightful :o - so many ways to use our resources

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

pyanodon? Are you considering making a compilation super-mod with Angel's, Bob's and Marathon for our personal kinky masochist needs? 8-) :twisted:

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Tomik wrote:pyanodon? Are you considering making a compilation super-mod with Angel's, Bob's and Marathon for our personal kinky masochist needs? 8-) :twisted:
I would assume once the mod is finished anyone can make that kind of modpack containing those mods. ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Northgate wrote:
Tomik wrote:pyanodon? Are you considering making a compilation super-mod with Angel's, Bob's and Marathon for our personal kinky masochist needs? 8-) :twisted:
I would assume once the mod is finished anyone can make that kind of modpack containing those mods. ;)

You´re right!
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”