pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

kain184
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by kain184 »

hello i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this. i am having an issue on factorio version 16.6 and coal processing ver 1.0.6 the steam created from the power house system does not run the steam engines from the vanilla mechanics. the steam does not seem to be cross mod compatible and i am not sure as to why. can anyone help me or is this a bug. or intended game-play?

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

kain184 wrote:hello i am not sure if this is the correct place to post this. i am having an issue on factorio version 16.6 and coal processing ver 1.0.6 the steam created from the power house system does not run the steam engines from the vanilla mechanics. the steam does not seem to be cross mod compatible and i am not sure as to why. can anyone help me or is this a bug. or intended game-play?
have you looked at the steam temperature from the power house ?
vanilla steam engines needs 165 degrees steam

kain184
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kain184 »

why would that be different? seems a little weird. and what would i use to increase the temp?

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetrosian »

With how often the steam question comes up, I even got confused myself the first time I encountered it, it may be worth renaming it something like "Mild Steam" or "Residual Steam" assuming that doing so doesn't involve a massive amount of coding.
kain184 wrote:why would that be different? seems a little weird. and what would i use to increase the temp?
I believe the design is meant to mimic real life systems, where it's more energy efficient to cool and reheat the same steam rather than constantly pumping in cold seawater to heat from 0. The main options I've seen are to either vent the stuff, or use cooling towers (I prefer the latter as it reduces the water demand.)

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

Is there a reason why I need to have bobores and bobplates enabled when all I want is bobtech and bobvehicleequipment?

Hellatze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hellatze »

will pyanadon high tech receive buff in future ?

factorioguy111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factorioguy111 »

pyanodon wrote:MOD UPDATED. Please update your mod.
is tar viscous like oil or is it treated like normal liquids or gasses?

asking because of pipe flow speed (e.g. plastic vs bronze). using all bob's with all your mods

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

factorioguy111 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:MOD UPDATED. Please update your mod.
is tar viscous like oil or is it treated like normal liquids or gasses?

asking because of pipe flow speed (e.g. plastic vs bronze). using all bob's with all your mods
all fluids are the same in factorio :) liquids or gases
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

I've been playing an older version of this mod (v. 1.0.2) and finding it awesome. I've gone to bed way too late frustrated at the game because I have too much of something and not enough of something else :lol: Thanks!

PS. I'm playing the older version because I don't like to keep creating new maps and the newer versions introduce new minable ores. I'm not a fan of that.
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

CarlVSam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CarlVSam »

It seems that the most recent update has introduced a problem that involves the mining of Raw Borax.

I know that the mining of this substance now requires the Borax Mine to be placed on a Borax deposit. However, the research needed for one of the items required to mine raw Borax - the Drill Heads - need the level 2 Science Packs. One of the sub-components used in the making of these packs though - the Optical Set - requires Boron Tri-oxide , which comes from the substances extracted and processed from Raw Borax.

How can I start the production of these level 2 Packs when I cannot extract one of the raw ingredients used to make them?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

CarlVSam wrote:It seems that the most recent update has introduced a problem that involves the mining of Raw Borax.

I know that the mining of this substance now requires the Borax Mine to be placed on a Borax deposit. However, the research needed for one of the items required to mine raw Borax - the Drill Heads - need the level 2 Science Packs. One of the sub-components used in the making of these packs though - the Optical Set - requires Boron Tri-oxide , which comes from the substances extracted and processed from Raw Borax.

How can I start the production of these level 2 Packs when I cannot extract one of the raw ingredients used to make them?
because you need to use the borax mine and it doesn't need a drill head at all. nether in the construction or operation. its under coal processing and is a red/ level 1 only science.

CarlVSam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CarlVSam »

kingarthur wrote:
CarlVSam wrote:It seems that the most recent update has introduced a problem that involves the mining of Raw Borax.

because you need to use the borax mine and it doesn't need a drill head at all. nether in the construction or operation. its under coal processing and is a red/ level 1 only science.
I should have stated that I have the Borax Mine placed, and a SynGas line running into it. The Mine starts taking in the Gas, but it stops at around 102 units, and no Raw Borax is being generated.

I check the creation recipes for Raw Borax with FNEI, and two are listed. One requires the research of Coal Processing 2 technology (which requires level 2 Science,) and the other one requires Excavation 1 tech (which needs level 3 Science.) The level one recipe is nowhere to be found.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

CarlVSam wrote:
kingarthur wrote:

I should have stated that I have the Borax Mine placed, and a SynGas line running into it. The Mine starts taking in the Gas, but it stops at around 102 units, and no Raw Borax is being generated.

I check the creation recipes for Raw Borax with FNEI, and two are listed. One requires the research of Coal Processing 2 technology (which requires level 2 Science,) and the other one requires Excavation 1 tech (which needs level 3 Science.) The level one recipe is nowhere to be found.
It works just like any other miner and spits its items out the front. If you haven't already turn on alt mode to see the arrow. If that doesn't work then post a save file if you can cause something's is broke

CarlVSam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by CarlVSam »

kingarthur wrote:
CarlVSam wrote:
kingarthur wrote:

It works just like any other miner and spits its items out the front. If you haven't already turn on alt mode to see the arrow. If that doesn't work then post a save file if you can cause something's is broke
Putting the belt next to the arrow worked - I did not realize that the extraction of the Borax was now like that of the regular miners (one used to have to use Inserters to extract the product before...)

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

Hi, pyanodon.

So I've run into the issue, that I think was mentioned here before, that FNEI is missing some of the recipes (e.g. Ralesia). I did some digging and discovered that the reason is that the missing recipes have more ingredients than the machines that are supposed to make them are declared to support in the ingredient_count in the prototype definition. Somehow it still works for the purposes of crafting itself, I'm not sure why, but FNEI thinks that the machine can't craft the recipe and so doesn't show it.

I don't know if you'd consider it a bug that you would fix, but I thought I'd let you know. Attached is the table of the 17 recipes that I found to have this inconsistency (across all of the Py mods).

Here's the table.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Some new info from Arch666Angel
Looks cool
Arch666Angel wrote: Image
I like this Bio stuff
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Some new info from Arch666Angel
Looks cool
Arch666Angel wrote: Image
I like this Bio stuff

very nice..which i dont know whats it :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

cute but disgusting

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Dr_Killedalot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Killedalot »

daydev wrote:Hi, pyanodon.

So I've run into the issue, that I think was mentioned here before, that FNEI is missing some of the recipes (e.g. Ralesia). I did some digging and discovered that the reason is that the missing recipes have more ingredients than the machines that are supposed to make them are declared to support in the ingredient_count in the prototype definition. Somehow it still works for the purposes of crafting itself, I'm not sure why, but FNEI thinks that the machine can't craft the recipe and so doesn't show it.

I don't know if you'd consider it a bug that you would fix, but I thought I'd let you know. Attached is the table of the 17 recipes that I found to have this inconsistency (across all of the Py mods).

Here's the table.
Yeah i made a report for this at FNEI`s mod Page , but it looks like the dev has become inactive :/

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

Dr_Killedalot wrote:Yeah i made a report for this at FNEI`s mod Page , but it looks like the dev has become inactive :/
I would argue that FNEI is behaving correctly here, Py mods are "at fault" for declaring recipes with more ingredient that their machines are supposed to support. It's just that for some reason the ingredient count restriction is not actually enforced universally. It seems that the game only enforces the ingredient count restriction for select crafting categories, I did some testing, "crafting", "advanced-crafting", "centrifuging" are enforced, but "chemistry" is not, you can make a recipe with five ingredient and the chemical plant will happily craft it despite having ingredient_count = 4, and it's probably also not enforced for any modded categories.

Upd. I think I figured it out. It seems that fluid ingredients are not counted towards the ingredient_count limit, and FNEI doesn't take it into account. Well, anyway, I made a personal patch to make all of the Py mod recipes visible in FNEI, so it's all right.

Return to “PyMods”