pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:
There's a difference between hard and mind numbingly tedious - seablock for example, that was so boring people used it as a screensaver. Just making things take massive amounts of time is guaranteed to make people either stop using the mod or add bobs and use it's greenhouse (for example). The initial use of the buildings as people get started needs to be much faster or they'll lose interest. Like I said, 1 of each building needs to be effective enough to see it work. Remove the module slots or at least half of them or the buildings will be too fast later on. Initially though no-one has modules and that's where the machine time matters most.

You're looking at using wood or wood products a fair bit so people need to be able to cover it without going to insane lengths. Concrete numbers? Cut what you currently have in half and it's still nearly 37s per pack - too high. You either need to double the log output on top or cut the times in half again. Then you'd be around 18.5s per pack - still very high but short enough for people to actually see things working and not just give up.

The faster tech is in coal processing 2 from what I could see which means green tech as well.

Fine. I will increase the possibility to produce a double results in logs output and reduce a bit the time in the wpu. Just remembering that a full log production its only 20s when dirty water, co2 and ash.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote:
Ratzap wrote:
There's a difference between hard and mind numbingly tedious - seablock for example, that was so boring people used it as a screensaver. Just making things take massive amounts of time is guaranteed to make people either stop using the mod or add bobs and use it's greenhouse (for example). The initial use of the buildings as people get started needs to be much faster or they'll lose interest. Like I said, 1 of each building needs to be effective enough to see it work. Remove the module slots or at least half of them or the buildings will be too fast later on. Initially though no-one has modules and that's where the machine time matters most.

You're looking at using wood or wood products a fair bit so people need to be able to cover it without going to insane lengths. Concrete numbers? Cut what you currently have in half and it's still nearly 37s per pack - too high. You either need to double the log output on top or cut the times in half again. Then you'd be around 18.5s per pack - still very high but short enough for people to actually see things working and not just give up.

The faster tech is in coal processing 2 from what I could see which means green tech as well.

Fine. I will increase the possibility to produce a double results in logs output and reduce a bit the time in the wpu. Just remembering that a full log production its only 20s when dirty water, co2 and ash.
First they have to get that far to unlock coal processing 2 though. With modules and beacons later you may find 20s is too low but like I said, my main concern is the start being so bad people will just give up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Updated with changes in the wood part.

- Log basic production time reduced plus output more 1
- WPU recipes output more.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

With that version and a second nursery it's going at a reasonable clip. Not fast by any means but enough.

I did notice though that with the science change, copper is even less used than in stock. 1 furnace provides plenty all the way through getting set up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I did notice though that with the science change, copper is even less used than in stock. 1 furnace provides plenty all the way through getting set up.
Yes, it´s way more heavy on iron and steel.
pY Coal processing mod

Aubog007
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Aubog007 »

I eagerly await when this mod is more stable/balanced.

This mod is going to be a core mod for all of my future playthroughs. Excellent job.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Aubog007 wrote:I eagerly await when this mod is more stable/balanced.

This mod is going to be a core mod for all of my future playthroughs. Excellent job.
I'll wait for ur playthroughs Aubog007, and it will be look excellent with angel's, yeah it will be utopian picture :)
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Aubog007 wrote:I eagerly await when this mod is more stable/balanced.

Thank you! Id love to see some playthrought with that mod.

About stability...it´s very stable now, almost no bugs (excluding generators) in at least 0.15.28, because we took long time searching and fixing everything here before that beta comes out. :D About balance, i have a multiplayer save with more than 50h which i and some friends were playing to balance stuff and we decided to post a beta only when it´s able to run a game very well with what we have...both vanilla or with bob´s. :)

But of course, with time few lil balances may come, but the mod is now pretty playable.
pY Coal processing mod

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

the author of and not in addition to your building to make the standard buildings to produce components and things?

автор а нельзя кроме твоих здании сделать еще возможность на стандартных зданиях производить компоненты и вещи?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Airat9000 wrote:the author of and not in addition to your building to make the standard buildings to produce components and things?

автор а нельзя кроме твоих здании сделать еще возможность на стандартных зданиях производить компоненты и вещи?
Whar for? You have a need it?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hey guys, there´s a new poll running. Take a look in the first page for more details. Any doubts about the paths, i will answer only with yes or no to not ruin any surprises :D

Since all graphics are done for this mod, and only left few coding, i can start to plan and sketch stuff for the next step in that project. And id like your opinion there to vote in what you have more interest for.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I went with alien life. Everything else has been done but this subject has only really been touched on by Youki (and bio industries to an extent).

Though I was tempted by ores and high tech.

Then again, you already support integration with Bobs (and Angels?) which kinda gets you all the ores, petroleum and high tech stuff anyway.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I went with alien life. Everything else has been done but this subject has only really been touched on by Youki (and bio industries to an extent).

Though I was tempted by ores and high tech.

Then again, you already support integration with Bobs (and Angels?) which kinda gets you all the ores, petroleum and high tech stuff anyway.
Thanks for your vote. :) But like i said, i can bring new stuff in any of these paths. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

pyanodon wrote: Thanks for your vote. :) But like i said, i can bring new stuff in any of these paths. :)
Presumably then at some point you'll replace compatibility with sections of Bobs/Angels as pieces of your own are ready with the same functions?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Presumably then at some point you'll replace compatibility with sections of Bobs/Angels as pieces of your own are ready with the same functions?
Hmmm i have no desire to replace bobs stuff. Maybe complement them, like i did with niobium. Whatever path win, i will use few parts of bobs as base or target from/to my own creations.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Raw ore digging is good qaddition, and i wish u think about angel's resources in near future, don't forget about natural gas and termal water or water with nodules, by the way about nodules - ur solid separator can work excellent with nodules ;)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

aklesey1 wrote:Raw ore digging is good qaddition, and i wish u think about angel's resources in near future, don't forget about natural gas and termal water or water with nodules, by the way about nodules - ur solid separator can work excellent with nodules ;)
You really have a thing about Angels stuff eh? Correct me if I'm wrong Py but I got the impression you're making something unique, not just glue items to use with bits of someone elses mod. Using other mods or parts of them until you get yours written sure but the plan is to have your own thing right?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong Py but I got the impression you're making something unique, not just glue items to use with bits of someone elses mod. Using other mods or parts of them until you get yours written sure but the plan is to have your own thing right?
Now i will have to kill you, you know too much. :lol: :lol: 8-)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

It seems until now, people really want to play with superconductors and Earnshaw's theorem! High-tech is ahead in the voting.

Lil montage of what i already have ready here.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote: Raw ore digging is good qaddition
Sorry for some grammatical errors, sometimes it's not so convenient to write from smartphone
Raztap, i just want to say that i wish to have many ways paths of development for my factory, i want to choose what i want do do, that's why i'm often asking about compatibility with other big complex mods such as bob's or 5dim or dytech? yes on this stage it's nothing to wait for, but i can be patient
The opinion of the author should be respected, but all of us have to be ready to discussion

Pyanodoтб them of Earnshaw's theorem will be interesting for exploration, what ur ideas for its applications?

Return to “PyMods”