pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

https://yadi.sk/i/salyxUAP3LAjNc - something went wrong :?
I can't cease to laugh :lol: - Angel's refining trying to work toghether with PY coal processing - and I think what at them at something has turned out
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

What is the new machine shown above? New mining machine? https://mods-data.factorio.com/pub_data ... MLtlRl.jpg

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:What is the new machine shown above? New mining machine? https://mods-data.factorio.com/pub_data ... MLtlRl.jpg
You will unlock it eventually. Its a jaw crusher, the use of crushed minerals in every plate production will double the output in my mod. Also, you will need it to crush niobium ore.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:What is the new machine shown above? New mining machine? https://mods-data.factorio.com/pub_data ... MLtlRl.jpg
You will unlock it eventually. Its a jaw crusher, the use of crushed minerals in every plate production will double the output in my mod. Also, you will need it to crush niobium ore.
I have found it in a angel's refining tab and just look at it recipe - very fancy https://yadi.sk/i/uWIh51jr3LApNy
Just I was inattentive

And one question
In petrochem we have Multi phase oil - we splitting it to water with sulfur, to oil and to natural gas liquids
So the question is - can we replace petroleum gas - the gas from oil - to natural gas liquids not for methane like now may be its not right? oil and natural gas have very close connection among themselves by their nature
Petroleum gas has very huge variation of mixes of gases and undoubtedly methane one of the most plain and widespread gases

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

withers wrote:
dreadxx990 wrote:Its seem not working up but last time it was work fine but until angel update it unless I miss out for compatible mod?
I get the same error but from a different line and a conflict with a different mod. (One thats not on his mod list). Its because factorio .15 made "ingredients" inconsistently be sometimes in "data.raw.recipe[name]" and other times in "data.raw.recipe[name].normal / data.raw.[recipe].expensive", and occasionally other mods swap this around. This has caused alot of headaches. The only way to make it conflict-proof is to nil-check the first case and use the second case if nil.
I believe you have this backwards; you need to nil-check the second case and use the first case if nil. From what I've been led to understand, if data.raw.recipe[name].normal OR data.raw.recipe[name].expensive exists, any keys that can go inside normal/expensive will be ignored if they're in the base recipe. So if someone is being careless and produces a recipe with ingredients in the base recipe despite having normal/expensive variants, and you check for the base version existing and modify that, your changes will be ignored.

You are, however, 100% correct about this change causing lots of headaches.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon, Nexela may i ask for 1 tiny wish about compatibility with one mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Earendel/aai-industry and its forum page viewtopic.php?f=94&t=48232
AAI Industry - this mod changes some basic aspects of game and akes it little bit harder and more realistic

AAI industry is most focused on vanilla - it works excellent with vanilla - and also supports bob's nods and angel mods as separate option
Its adding burner and electric motors motors as necessary component and its changed electric enteties and basic electronic
But my problem is not there
https://yadi.sk/i/xSokUAQy3LBJ9o
Here's conflict in recipe for medium electric poles because AAI industry changes this recipe and ur mod too because we need creosote
Please can u solve problem that ur mods can work together, and i'll ask Earendel - author of this mod to fix this too

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

It will be fixed soonish

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

pyanodon wrote: Oh my... the voting is going crazy ahaha. Now Fusion Power is ahead! I hope you all know how hard is to get Helium and other necessary material hahaah, will be fun :D . If that expansion win, prepare to make a huge production chain to gain access to that level of energy efficiency. :D
Doesn't a typical fusion reactor use tritium and deuterium? Of course you could also do fusion with helium but at the moment that's not been done afaik.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Northgate wrote: Doesn't a typical fusion reactor use tritium and deuterium? Of course you could also do fusion with helium but at the moment that's not been done afaik.

Ahhhh the surprises.... hehe. Fusion is a very compicated thing and the example you gave me is just what we have today which is problematic. Of course if that mod win, it will also have T-D fusion chain as a primary unlock, but guess the best cooling for that thing which is also a good neutron capture?

But based of today's results, it seems people want factorio to go into a more "green" side. With solar, wind and renewable non-organic energy generation.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

All these dances with niobium is fancy and interesting but how about of any ideas of using tungsten? Not to tell that it was used often, may be i can be mistaken

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:All these dances with niobium is fancy and interesting but how about of any ideas of using tungsten? Not to tell that it was used often, may be i can be mistaken
Tungsten wont have a big hole in PYCP. Maybe in the future expansions.
pY Coal processing mod

nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

oooh, is the financial branch gonna be anything like the black market mod?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

nitro_hedgehog wrote:oooh, is the financial branch gonna be anything like the black market mod?

I dont know that mod.
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

congrats on your recent mod updates - ive been keeping an eye on this as something to try after my current angelbobs :)
also, currently most of my coal just gets mixed with hydrogen into solid fuel.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

nitro_hedgehog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nitro_hedgehog »

pyanodon wrote:
nitro_hedgehog wrote:oooh, is the financial branch gonna be anything like the black market mod?

I dont know that mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/BlackMarket

QuirkyCat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by QuirkyCat »

When running with bob's library (and no other bob's mods) I get this error..

1.227 Error ModManager.cpp:950: Failed to load mod "pycoalprocessing": __pycoalprocessing__/data-updates.lua:9: __pycoalprocessing__/prototypes/updates/bob-updates.lua:234: attempt to index field 'bob-resin-wood' (a nil value)

Satscape
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satscape »

What version of Factorio does this work with, the forum title says 0.14.x, the mod says 0.15.x, I'm using 0.15.30 and it does this:
http://imgur.com/a/jHhDl
*Update: How do I get older versions? I've got 0.15.27 (oldest experimental version) and that gives the same error.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Satscape wrote:What version of Factorio does this work with, the forum title says 0.14.x, the mod says 0.15.x, I'm using 0.15.30 and it does this:
http://imgur.com/a/jHhDl
*Update: How do I get older versions? I've got 0.15.27 (oldest experimental version) and that gives the same error.
Its been fixed. Yhe mod is to run in 0.15.x
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hmm indeed. Well, i will need to rethink it.
Last edited by pyanodon on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

QuirkyCat wrote:When running with bob's library (and no other bob's mods) I get this error..

1.227 Error ModManager.cpp:950: Failed to load mod "pycoalprocessing": __pycoalprocessing__/data-updates.lua:9: __pycoalprocessing__/prototypes/updates/bob-updates.lua:234: attempt to index field 'bob-resin-wood' (a nil value)
When using bobs, you must use bobsplates.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”