pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Just tell me - u made compatibility for AAI industry or not? AAI Industry wasn't updated within 2 months so i think u made it ;)
Ok i'll agree if cost of medium electric pole will be 20 creosote

no, i didnt made it compatible with AAI mods.

Updated version available to fix the vanilla sodium-hydroxide issue.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ok,I have managed to add that it was necessary for me - burner turbine added at the start, voila
I want to be a coder too, so i'm learning ;)

About bug with mdeium electric pole - it can be crated only in one building - Automated Factory so may be its error from ur mod

Aтd it must be written in source code - to use the specific building???
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: no, i didnt made it compatible with AAI mods.
Updated version available to fix the vanilla sodium-hydroxide issue.
Probably coincidence is simple though it is possible to call it lucky

Basically AAI indurty is aimed on vanilla so its simple mod, I think that when you have free time that you will figure out with all unpleasant bugs
All right I shouldn't distract you from work on a PYFE :roll:

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

How to get silicon ore from tar? I think its not logical, because silicon quite widespread resource on the earth, however we can get such rare resources as tungsten or titanium a little strange it turns out

Do u planing to use - hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide and purified water from angel's mods? I think its really useful and they can be integrated in tour system

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mella wrote:How to get silicon ore from tar? I think its not logical, because silicon quite widespread resource on the earth, however we can get such rare resources as tungsten or titanium a little strange it turns out

Do u planing to use - hydrogen sulfide, carbon monoxide and purified water from angel's mods? I think its really useful and they can be integrated in tour system
You have do use quartz to get your silicon. Also...no plans to use H2S, CO and H20 from algels. Compatibility mods are being made by the way.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New way to get sodium hydroxide and lime/limestone cycling looks useful but where to use many many carbon dioxide? May be for methanol the recipe became more expensive in comparison with angel's petrochem recipe but we have way where to use big counts of zinc
And may be we can use carbon dioxide for olefins

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:New way to get sodium hydroxide and lime/limestone cycling looks useful but where to use many many carbon dioxide? May be for methanol the recipe became more expensive in comparison with angel's petrochem recipe but we have way where to use big counts of zinc
And may be we can use carbon dioxide for olefins

olefins, methanol, chromium, logs...several recipes needs CO2.
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Mind if I borrow your flask item? I need a glass sink.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

kinnom wrote:Mind if I borrow your flask item? I need a glass sink.

You can use it :) . Gimme some credit and feel free.
pY Coal processing mod

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

pyanodon wrote:
kinnom wrote:Mind if I borrow your flask item? I need a glass sink.

You can use it :) . Gimme some credit and feel free.
Thanks
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

KepperMIEM
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KepperMIEM »

Translation in progressing. Recipes remained.

"cladding=IOF cover to optical fiber"
"FTS reactor"

What is "FTS" and "IOF"?

I don't understand what do you mean in this description:
"nexelit-plate=They said that plate have coding capabilities"

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

KepperMIEM wrote:Translation in progressing. Recipes remained.

"cladding=IOF cover to optical fiber"
"FTS reactor"

What is "FTS" and "IOF"?

I don't understand what do you mean in this description:
"nexelit-plate=They said that plate have coding capabilities"

FTS = Fischer–Tropsch Syntesis
IOF = Index of Refraction

Nexelit is a fictional material, was a homage to Nexela which is a coder. So its a internal joke.
pY Coal processing mod

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

I had my first test of the mod today. Here are some things I feel need improvement:

- Too large quantities. Washing soil uses 30 soil which requires a gazillion inserters to transfer which leads to power poles everywhere early in the game. In later stages this wouldn't be an issue since inserters are faster. But this early it's too much.
- Tailing Pond requires too many bricks to build for this early in the game. 100 bricks is just way too much for this stage.
- Not sure whether that is your mod causing this issue, but the normal recipe to make wood from raw wood and to make wooden boards takes 15 and 10 seconds. This leads to insane hand crafting times when crafting wooden power poles and inserters. I guess you want people to use the wood processing unit which is fine but it also heavily impacts hand crafting.
- Destructive Distillation Collumn has outputs on each side. This doesn't allow for effective rotation. The traditional method of having all fluid outputs on the same side is just better.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

i agree with Northgate in most moments, in particular in structure of distillation column but i think we must respect pyanodon opinion, this mods is to young and work is going
Its really useful and big extennsion of bob's mods, pretty cool addition to it and for now it can work with angel's approximately on 95% i'm testing patch for compatibility with angel's for now

The only drawback is that the base begins to swell to obscene proportions which makes the defense so you have not to forget the military industry :| :mrgreen:

Iskabis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Iskabis »

Small bug: the recipes for alumina and lead-oxide take bauxite-ore and lead-ore respectively, instead of their crushed counterparts. I'm not sure why this is, since in bob-updates.lua you are calling the bob's library function to replace those ingredients, but for whatever reason, it doesn't appear to be working.

(running pY with all of bob's mods; not running any other mods that should be interfering).

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Iskabis wrote:Small bug: the recipes for alumina and lead-oxide take bauxite-ore and lead-ore respectively, instead of their crushed counterparts. I'm not sure why this is, since in bob-updates.lua you are calling the bob's library function to replace those ingredients, but for whatever reason, it doesn't appear to be working.

(running pY with all of bob's mods; not running any other mods that should be interfering).
Were looking into it.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I am concerned by 2 resources - tin and lead
Facts:
We can't make pumps from tin and lead but we can make bronze and brass pipes and we need big amounts of copper for that

Tin and copper take part in production of electronics - it is one of the most widespread options of application
Also lead finds some application in production of bullets, most of all it is applied in production of batteries

Tin and lead are not using as catalysts, if I am not mistaken it the only 2 metals which don't participate in this role
Tin is replaced by Nexelit in high tier electroincs in recipe for 2 last types of boardsб it turns out that it is a little used type a type of a resource

Where to use all this big counts of tin lead?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I am concerned by 2 resources - tin and lead
Facts:
We can't make pumps from tin and lead but we can make bronze and brass pipes and we need big amounts of copper for that

Tin and copper take part in production of electronics - it is one of the most widespread options of application
Also lead finds some application in production of bullets, most of all it is applied in production of batteries

Tin and lead are not using as catalysts, if I am not mistaken it the only 2 metals which don't participate in this role
Tin is replaced by Nexelit in high tier electroincs in recipe for 2 last types of boardsб it turns out that it is a little used type a type of a resource

Where to use all this big counts of tin lead?

Tin will be large used in PYFE. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

I have a small gripe with the frequency of recipes that have one or more byproducts. I've ended up automatically voiding so many different resources to ensure my factory runs without overproducing one resource and stopping production of other essential materials. I don't think this will be so easily fixable with this mod at the stage it's in, but I hope you'll keep this in mind for your future mods.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

donoya wrote:I have a small gripe with the frequency of recipes that have one or more byproducts. I've ended up automatically voiding so many different resources to ensure my factory runs without overproducing one resource and stopping production of other essential materials. I don't think this will be so easily fixable with this mod at the stage it's in, but I hope you'll keep this in mind for your future mods.

What resource are pilling that much?
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”