pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

tehfreek wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:today i just realised there is no propene combustion mix recipe
when u think about it propene is a common fuel so its usage is easy to justify
Propene is almost never used as a fuel; it is used to make various plastics.
liqufied propene gas is uned a lot here as much as petroleum gas aspecialy in the rural areas

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by tehfreek »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
tehfreek wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:today i just realised there is no propene combustion mix recipe
when u think about it propene is a common fuel so its usage is easy to justify
Propene is almost never used as a fuel; it is used to make various plastics.
liqufied propene gas is uned a lot here as much as petroleum gas aspecialy in the rural areas
I'm pretty sure they actually use propane. Although I welcome being proven wrong.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

ive seen butane cannisters before, (maybe it's the "ane" version that gets used for fuel, like in gas camping packs)
double bonded too i think but i cant remember :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

diagonallee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Entirely too much stuff?

Post by diagonallee »

Heyyy Pyanodon-

I was most recently playing with vanilla+allofthepymods and building stuff out with the objective of having a yellow belt of everything. I didn't make it to red circuits before my UPS started to drop. I don't have a "gaming" laptop per se but I do have a pretty high-end brand new i7 whatnot and henceforth sort of setup. I feel like the recipes are just entirely too expensive. I love all the chains, and all the complexity- but the amount of sand I was having to generate was getting downright silly. Any thoughts about balancing out the vanilla experience? Is it really only meant to be played with bobs? Is it only playable on like one of those giant glowing machines that give you away as a factorio addict? Just wondering!

PS- the grind didn't stop me. I loved it. But my computer didn't. Nor did my life, which was swallowed. I've taken a break for a bit because I read a thing that says if you can't take a break then you're officially an addict so... just dreaming about it atm.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Entirely too much stuff?

Post by pyanodon »

diagonallee wrote:Heyyy Pyanodon-

I was most recently playing with vanilla+allofthepymods and building stuff out with the objective of having a yellow belt of everything. I didn't make it to red circuits before my UPS started to drop. I don't have a "gaming" laptop per se but I do have a pretty high-end brand new i7 whatnot and henceforth sort of setup. I feel like the recipes are just entirely too expensive. I love all the chains, and all the complexity- but the amount of sand I was having to generate was getting downright silly. Any thoughts about balancing out the vanilla experience? Is it really only meant to be played with bobs? Is it only playable on like one of those giant glowing machines that give you away as a factorio addict? Just wondering!

PS- the grind didn't stop me. I loved it. But my computer didn't. Nor did my life, which was swallowed. I've taken a break for a bit because I read a thing that says if you can't take a break then you're officially an addict so... just dreaming about it atm.

Unfortunately my mods isnt made to "fill a belt with each item" since theres a lot of items. PyRawOres are being made also to make the game easier provinding higher yields of the basic minerals and with that, reducing the amount of machines requiered for making huge factories or amounts of the ingredients. Even so, some recipes will still need big sets of machines since pYRO wont affect the biological based recipes. But my plan is making that in the missing mods of the suite.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi diagonallee, ive got about 82 mods in my pyMods game, and havent had any problems with ups and computer is only an i5 :)

ill post some screenshots for you of the production ive got so far, and in case it helps you can compare how much has been made and consumed so far. (it could just be that i havent quite reached the level of scale you have, but out of about 75hours overall in saves, the game still runs well.

here is the top of the screen (most produced/consumed for liquids)
my-pymods-liquids.png
my-pymods-liquids.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 6175 times
+
my-pymods-liquids2.png
my-pymods-liquids2.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 6175 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

here is the items 1st screen showing sands for you too: (and about 45 robots so far)
my-pymods-items-1st_Screen.png
my-pymods-items-1st_Screen.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6175 times
+
screen with production monitor (im playing on a high frequency of small ore patches, so often need to move the mining drills around, but usually sand or organic matter is what fills up most of my yellow belts so far.
my-productionmonitor.png
my-productionmonitor.png (1.45 MiB) Viewed 6175 times
try a mod called Senpais_Smokeless (it is very good at speeding up ups) by removing even hidden smoke

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Kudos for this guy
pY Coal processing mod

intelic76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by intelic76 »

Sooo are Borax Mines/Deposits still a thing? Almost 7 days worth of time into my game and I've started to look for borax patches to mine it directly instead of using the early form of raw borax from Stiratite Ore sorting.. and I've yet to find a patch of that or the neobiduim patches.

I had read initially that RSO may affect it, but upon looking it appears in the pycoal.lua file for RSO so I assumed it was supported

Am I missing something?

Bobs/Angels/PyCoal/PyanHiTech plus a handful of other mods

thanks --intelic76

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

intelic76 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 am
Sooo are Borax Mines/Deposits still a thing? Almost 7 days worth of time into my game and I've started to look for borax patches to mine it directly instead of using the early form of raw borax from Stiratite Ore sorting.. and I've yet to find a patch of that or the neobiduim patches.

I had read initially that RSO may affect it, but upon looking it appears in the pycoal.lua file for RSO so I assumed it was supported

Am I missing something?

thanks --intelic76
Your playing Abpy and I assume with pycoaltbaa. I have an error that I havnt had time to correct yet that disables the patches from appearing and can only be gotten from Angel's ores

diagonallee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by diagonallee »

Thanks Foodfactorio and Pyanodon for the responses- I wish I'd kept my save file so I could share it with you. I basically had a network of outposts connected by train- and I was trying to build to 1 yellow belt of red circuits (or level 2 circuits) - but I was pretty far from that. I did, however, have a yellow belt of level 1 circuits going. And I know I had well over 75 hours in the game- probably a couple hundred. I had to delete it, though, otherwise the temptation to play would be too great :P When I resume from my hiatus in November (UGH) I'll probably jump back into a Pyanodon game- I love it- especially all the organics. It's a spectacular mod.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

diagonallee wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:21 am
Thanks Foodfactorio and Pyanodon for the responses- I wish I'd kept my save file so I could share it with you. I basically had a network of outposts connected by train- and I was trying to build to 1 yellow belt of red circuits (or level 2 circuits) - but I was pretty far from that. I did, however, have a yellow belt of level 1 circuits going. And I know I had well over 75 hours in the game- probably a couple hundred. I had to delete it, though, otherwise the temptation to play would be too great :P When I resume from my hiatus in November (UGH) I'll probably jump back into a Pyanodon game- I love it- especially all the organics. It's a spectacular mod.

Thank you. Were glad you had some fun playing it, thats the goal. :)
pY Coal processing mod

intelic76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by intelic76 »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:52 am
intelic76 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 am

Am I missing something?

thanks --intelic76
Your playing Abpy and I assume with pycoaltbaa. I have an error that I havnt had time to correct yet that disables the patches from appearing and can only be gotten from Angel's ores
AH yes, I do have Touched by an angel added in too, ok that explains that. It took me a few hours to figure out why I Wasn't getting borax any longer, and realized by upping the ore processing I'd lost it with flotation processing =/.

Guess I'll need to run some of that pre floatation to get some borax :)

intelic76
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by intelic76 »

And updating fixed the borax patches for me, found my first patch after 3~ exploring farther out!

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

Getting an error loading your mod.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.29.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 2.29.49 AM.png (32.59 KiB) Viewed 5892 times

All mods are up to date and only your and required/optional Bob & Bio Industries mods are enabled.

masterzh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by masterzh »

Hello there pyanodon. May i ask if the "higher yield" processes are still "in progress" or am i somehow missing them ? (example being the coal one showed on chart here: https://i.imgur.com/voPo9k5.jpg ) Thank you!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

masterzh wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:23 pm
Hello there pyanodon. May i ask if the "higher yield" processes are still "in progress" or am i somehow missing them ? (example being the coal one showed on chart here: https://i.imgur.com/voPo9k5.jpg ) Thank you!
These are from pyRO mod we´re working on yet, here´s the thread: viewtopic.php?f=219&t=59759
pY Coal processing mod

Bishop89
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bishop89 »

Hello,

is it just me or starting out in this mod is really confusing? There are so many buildings unlocked since the start and in the end to create the first tier of science I just need 2 (not counting soil extractor). Most of them are just used for tier 2 science - should be a prerequisite of it, possibly locked behind some research (some even requires stell)? Also, why is raw wood required to make a flask? Shouldn't it be made of sand(purified sand?)+heat=glass or processed wood to pulp+something, raw wood just seems so odd. I'm not even gonna mention that I just chopped 5200 raw wood since I'm playing at x13 research costs because automated wood processing is unlocked as part of coal processing research and not since the beginning.

Still, had plenty of fun trying out your mod, and I'm eager to wait for raw ores release before investing hundreds of hours int it :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

glass will be added in pyRO. Wood is used for the cork. More wood options will come in a possible pyAL.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”